Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Would you sign him to that money?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

2 33.33%
  • No. (Post what you would like)

4 66.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Hanley Ramirez wants 130 million dollar deal.

Didn't see a thread.

vCash
    I think thats a bit too much personally. The dudes 30 and is off to a slow start this year which doesn't help his bargaining chips. Also They better move him to 3rd for anything around that kind of money.. I hate to say it, but it might be best to take trade offers for him.. He still has a lot of value and dodgers need bullpen help and depth on bench. Also Guerrero isn't being utilized.. Trade Hanley, bring up Guerrero and play him at his more natural position shortstop.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    I can't answer that question right now, going to have to wait to see how Hanley's season goes.
    #Joc2LA

vCash

Right now he's not worth that lol we will see though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AllDay28 View Post
    Right now he's not worth that lol we will see though
    I'd pass. Even if Hanely gave us 30 hr's and 100 R.B.I's this year. He is not an everyday SS and his range is gonna get less, less as time goes by.

We already have 3 bad contracts as it is in Kemp, Crawford and Dre.

Trade him for something. I want my Dodgers to win the world series but im patient.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakersRule!! View Post
    I'd pass. Even if Hanely gave us 30 hr's and 100 R.B.I's this year. He is not an everyday SS and his range is gonna get less, less as time goes by.

We already have 3 bad contracts as it is in Kemp, Crawford and Dre.

Trade him for something. I want my Dodgers to win the world series but im patient.
    He has said that he is willing to play 3rd base going forward, but he want's a full off season to prepare for the position. As it stands Uribe has one year left on his contract, so if we do lock him up, he will need to play SS for at least one more year, besides Seager is probably 2-3 years away from the bigs, and it's not like he's an everyday SS.

Trade him for what, any team that trades for him can't make a QO, and then this team becomes instantly worse. If they don't want him, they would be better off keeping him through October and letting him walk for a pick.

I think 130 million is actually a kind of a bargain, considering he is the best hitter on the market, he will get so much more from NY to be Jeters replacement. That contract comes out to 5 year 25 per, which isn't bad, tack a 6th year team or mutual option for 25 mill with a 5 mill buy out and that's a pretty solid contract.
    Last edited by ciaban; 05-16-2014 at 03:40 AM.

vCash
    Even with his slow start, among all SS he is 5th in wRC+ only 4 or 5 points behind Alexie Rameriez and Brandon Crawford. And he is 7th in wOBA 4 points behind 4th place Crawford. If he has a good weekend against the D-Backs he should vault ahead of a lot of these guys.

And if he was a 3b this year, he would currently be 5th in wOBA behind two guys with unsustainable BABAIP's (cough cough Yangervis Solarte) and he would be 7th in wRC+

Even off to a slow start, he is better than just about everyone on the left side of the infield.

This is with his BABIP being 50 points below his career average btw.
    Last edited by ciaban; 05-16-2014 at 01:58 PM.

vCash
    2B-Guerrero
    SS-Gordon
    3B-Seager

Hanley is 30, he will not be a Dodger next season, I see him going to the Yankees where they overspend for everyone. Remember we traded for Crawford, Hanley, Gonzalez, Beckett, doesn't mean we will overpay them.

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    2B-Guerrero
    SS-Gordon
    3B-Seager

Hanley is 30, he will not be a Dodger next season, I see him going to the Yankees where they overspend for everyone. Remember we traded for Crawford, Hanley, Gonzalez, Beckett, doesn't mean we will overpay them.
    God damn it no, to Dee playing SS. He has been given every chance to show he can play SS, and sucked every time there. The dodgers got better defensively when Hanley started playing the position over Dee. That's how bad he was there.
    Last edited by ciaban; 05-16-2014 at 04:31 AM.

vCash
    Pass, this will another disastrous long term deal. Disastrous, happy for him to move on altogether. I don't want him.

vCash

5 years and no more than $100M...Yanks will pay more so he's gone. Hanley just can't stay healthy to command $25M+. Keep Gordon at 2B and move Guerrero to SS for next season. Uribe still will be under contract. Then in 2016 bring up Seager and then decide whether he's gonna be a 3B or SS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabian43 View Post
    5 years and no more than $100M...Yanks will pay more so he's gone. Hanley just can't stay healthy to command $25M+. Keep Gordon at 2B and move Guerrero to SS for next season.Uribe still will be under contract. Then in 2016 bring up Seager and then decide whether he's gonna be a 3B or SS
    No one can out bid LA when they really want a guy, besides there won't be an opportunity to let the yankees out bid for him if he is extended in season.

Your willing to give Hanley 5 years 100 million(20M aav) but you wouldn't be willing to up that 5 million per? It seems silly for the dodgers to cheap out with a player they love, and have zero complaints with after all the money they have spent elsewhere doesn't it?

Guerrero isn't particularly fast, he doesn't appear to have the range for the position. He's been struggling at 2nd as well.
    If we let hanley go there either needs to be some sort of replacement signed be it at 3rd base, Headly Sandoval, Choi(from Korea) or Seager and Guerrero can't face the slightest bit of adversity from now on, or were ****ed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    God damn it no, to Dee playing SS. He has been given every chance to show he can play SS, and sucked every time there. The dodgers got better defensively when Hanley started playing the position over Dee. That's how bad he was there.
    That's worst case scenario though. Im sure the Dodgers will try to sign a SS FA maybe Drew?

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1CHANGsta View Post
    That's worst case scenario though. Im sure the Dodgers will try to sign a SS FA maybe Drew?
    I think he will be a yankee going forward, since Jeter is retiring they need a SS and don't have one. I could see them sign Hanley for 2nd or vice versa. Though, I think they are more likely to do a Drew/Headly combo for SS/3B than throw all that money at Hanley, even though they are way over the cap, they have been trying to get underneath it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    I think he will be a yankee going forward, since Jeter is retiring they need a SS and don't have one. I could see them sign Hanley for 2nd or vice versa. Though, I think they are more likely to do a Drew/Headly combo for SS/3B than throw all that money at Hanley, even though they are way over the cap, they have been trying to get underneath it.
    Then that would be good news for us then since no one else could offer him more than we could offer which should be 5yrs 100-125 mil, he shouldn't get less than 20 mil a year but isn't worth more than 25 mil a year. And ill go 5 yrs max he's 30, and will probably be a DH guy when he turns 36

LAKERS
    PACKERS
    DODGERS
    FC BARCELONA
    USC TROJANS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast