Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Raiders move fast sign #5 overall pick Mack

Thats gotta be a record

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    As @FieldYates said, the Raiders signed Khalil Mack to a standard 4-year deal, with a fifth-year option

vCash
    Bears signed like their whole class the other day. The new CBA renders this totally normal now.
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Paul View Post
    Thats gotta be a record

As @FieldYates said, the Raiders signed Khalil Mack to a standard 4-year deal, with a fifth-year option
    No. The bears have already signed their whole draft. With the new CBA they are pretty much slotted their pay

vCash
    A result of the new CBA. I like how it works now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevj77 View Post
    A result of the new CBA. I like how it works now.
    Fully agree... Don't care that it may have screwed the players, this makes it ok for me.

And the record I think goes to some of the first overalls from 10 or so years back. A lot of times they would get signed to a deal before the draft even as that team had the #1 and could start working on it.

It happened to Mario Williams I believe. Signed the night before the draft when everyone thought Reggie Bush would go #1.

vCash
    I really like what the Raiders did in the draft, hopefully it's a step towards to respectability

vCash
    Yea its not really a big deal anymore the picks are slotted just have to work out the guarantees.

vCash
    Thats gotta be a record

Cliff Stein laughs at this

vCash
    Thats gotta be a record

The record was when the Texans signed Mario Williams BEFORE the draft started.

vCash
    I don't even think this should be an issue. Every single slot should be completely worked out to where all the player has to do is sign the contract.... The length and gauarantees and amounts should already be figured out for every slot.

I think this has been great for the league. Now you don't have guys coming into the league getting top 10 player money for being a high pick and taking it for granted.... If you are a high pick you still gotta put in the work to earn that big contract.

It was an absolute joke that we had guys coming into the league getting $60-70 million based on what they done in college....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    I don't even think this should be an issue. Every single slot should be completely worked out to where all the player has to do is sign the contract.... The length and gauarantees and amounts should already be figured out for every slot.

I think this has been great for the league. Now you don't have guys coming into the league getting top 10 player money for being a high pick and taking it for granted.... If you are a high pick you still gotta put in the work to earn that big contract.

It was an absolute joke that we had guys coming into the league getting $60-70 million based on what they done in college....
    Truth on all levels...sho nuff!! Haha..classic

" Back on the grizzy. Sit back grab some fried chicken and gummy bears and enjoy the show."--Thus spaketh the Black Unicorn

vCash

Omg this times a million. It's a slap in the face to the veterans who never see that kind of money. The Sam Bradford deal is the one that sticks out the most. Love the new CBA and slotted pay. Get the rookies signed before camp and let the focus on football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi StateOfMind View Post
    Omg this times a million. It's a slap in the face to the veterans who never see that kind of money. The Sam Bradford deal is the one that sticks out the most. Love the new CBA and slotted pay. Get the rookies signed before camp and let the focus on football.
    At least he plays. Look at Jamarcus Russell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    At least he plays. Look at Jamarcus Russell
    I seriously think he had a lot to do with the pay scale. I'm sure when the pro rookie pay scale side was making their argument, all they had to do was show a picture of fatboy. There's seriously no rebuttal to that.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash

This, I remember back in 2010 after the Chiefs had drafted Eric Berry and signed him to the largest contract ever signed by a safety (realize Jairus Byrd was just a second year player, and Earl Thomas was a fellow rookie). This deal put him ahead of guys like Ed Reed, and Troy Polamalu. Of course the deal has worked out so far, but it was getting ridiculous what some of those guys were getting paid right out of college. Though, I do feel bad for guys like Jake Locker, Von Miller, and Mike Pouncey. All of them could have been 1st round picks in 2010, but returned to school only to lose tons of cash because of the new CBA. Actually, I feel bad for all the upper classmen in the 2011 Draft.

Welcome to KC, Miss Kacie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast