Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Kyle Blanks

vCash

Kyle Blanks

What do you guys think? Solid move IMO. Plus of course the real win... NO MORE BARTON!!

vCash
    Yeah its Solid Barton should have been goon years ago

vCash
    I like the move, we really needed a right handed 1B. Solid defender and he also can play OF which is another plus.

vCash
    The problem with him over the years appear to be inconsistency related to a plethora of injuries. He appears, for the most part, to be healthy this season, and doing relatively well with El Paso. And he hasn't had many plate appearances in the majors this season, so I'm confused as to why the Padres are giving up on him now? Perhaps a Padre fan can answer this.

Unless of course, they see a higher upside from the OF we gave them (along with the PTBNL)...

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Am also glad Barton's gone!
    I've been one of his supporters over the years, but I think he's overstayed his welcome and could benefit from a change of scenery. I'm surprised that our former coaches on other teams have not stepped up to give him a shot. That says a lot right there..

ahhh... the good ole days

watch 4free here http://firstrownow.eu

vCash
    Low risk, HIGH reward. I think Blanks has a shot to be pretty good. I despise Barton, and I have never hid that fact. With Coco hurting, and Reddick being relatively inconsistent, I expect BoMel to use Blanks/Moss in the OF every now and then. Good move by Billy Beane. I hope he makes an impact on this team
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    I read that Blanks is nearing enough service time that the Padres didn't have club control much longer and I think that was the main factor. Playing part time for the A's will suit him well given his injury history. As far as Barton, I know I've been on the guys case but I do wish him the best. But the A's are so close and you are only as strong as your weakest link...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defjersol View Post
    I read that Blanks is nearing enough service time that the Padres didn't have club control much longer and I think that was the main factor. Playing part time for the A's will suit him well given his injury history. As far as Barton, I know I've been on the guys case but I do wish him the best. But the A's are so close and you are only as strong as your weakest link...
    Teams are only as good as their 25th man?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    Teams are only as good as their 25th man?
    Well I was using that figure of speech loosely. Haha just meant that the final player on the roster will still have to do their job. Baseball is a funny game, sometimes the game is on the line with your 24th or 25th guy pitching or hitting. So my point may be true, from a certain point of view.

vCash
    At least no more Barton

Kind of digging the three catcher rotation we have going on right now even though I was against it at first
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.
    -Barack "drone" Obama, 11/18/2012