Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Beasley is 5th in Playoff PER and 4th in Playoff winshares48 this year. LOL

I think a guy like Popovich would of gotten good production out of Beasley while I think among many of Spoelstra's weaknesses, his ability to grow young players may be is biggest deficiency. I think he destroys young talent rather than grows them. I think Spoelstra is somewhat of a farce at this point.

vCash
    I don't understand the purpose of the thread title. Was that to make a point?

Beasley is still terrible at defense, that's why he doesn't play. I'm not saying I agree with him not playing but that's the reason. The other problem is he is a scorer, not a playmaker. He only knows how to create shots for himself, not his teammates.

He needs to make a real significant effort to improve one or both of those categories this summer to earn a bigger role on this team.

Otherwise he's not a good fit for Spo's system. Nobody is saying the kid is not talented and can't play, just not a good fit. It's kind of like Zach Randolph how he was a bad fit everywhere except in Memphis... until then he really didn't contribute to wins. Same might be for Beasley that he needs to find the right system, but right now with his current skills I can reason with Spo not playing, again, not saying I agree, but I do fully understand the reasoning.

vCash
    he's terrible on defense

so is lewis
    allen
    battier(haf the time)
    and mario is half ***

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I don't understand the purpose of the thread title. Was that to make a point?

Beasley is still terrible at defense, that's why he doesn't play. I'm not saying I agree with him not playing but that's the reason. The other problem is he is a scorer, not a playmaker. He only knows how to create shots for himself, not his teammates.

He needs to make a real significant effort to improve one or both of those categories this summer to earn a bigger role on this team.

Otherwise he's not a good fit for Spo's system. Nobody is saying the kid is not talented and can't play, just not a good fit. It's kind of like Zach Randolph how he was a bad fit everywhere except in Memphis... until then he really didn't contribute to wins. Same might be for Beasley that he needs to find the right system, but right now with his current skills I can reason with Spo not playing, again, not saying I agree, but I do fully understand the reasoning.
    For arguments sake I am going to agree with everything you said...but I still think that a good coach would of put a talent like beasly in a position to be more successful. Same goes for Oden. The way Spoelstra goes about his business, it just doesn't improve players. Unlike Pop who will take a player none wants, plug him in his best area and all of a sudden guys like Patty Mills, and that dude who is now on charlotte, become very productive in there roll. Spoelstra only deals with polished players/vets. He cannot do anything with a talented Rookie who simply needs to get better at the subtle specifics of the game. He cannot take talented players and make them better or put them in positions to be better thus he throws them away and they get worse.

vCash
    Does the big 3 have a say in who plays with them?

I wonder if they also do not want to play with Beasley on the court....
    I'm Normally Not a Praying Man, but If You're up There...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rex.reyesiii View Post
    Does the big 3 have a say in who plays with them?

I wonder if they also do not want to play with Beasley on the court....
    Think about what your saying

First no players dont decide who plays

and 2nd would they really choose to play with rashad lewis? You'd have to be mental to say put Lewis in coach

Big Ben?Naw much better

vCash
    Erick knows how to develop young players. He's developed Norris Cole. Michael Beasley has to earn a spot in the rotation by playing good offense and defense. Spo has to go with who he trusts during this time of the year. He has to go with what he feels.

vCash
    I don't think Beasley has earned Spo's trust. As bad and slow as Lewis is, Spo knows he's not going to do anything to mess with the offensive plan. It kind of sucks because Beasley is a good athlete and could potentially be a big help off the bench but I think he's missing some smarts. If one of the big 3 goes down, you can bet Beasley will be called up from benchville but until then I don't see it happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Derick713 View Post
    Erick knows how to develop young players. He's developed Norris Cole. Michael Beasley has to earn a spot in the rotation by playing good offense and defense. Spo has to go with who he trusts during this time of the year. He has to go with what he feels.

Eric has developed cole? Cole is god awful? So what the hell are u talking about

Big Ben?Naw much better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    Eric has developed cole? Cole is god awful? So what the hell are u talking about
    He did fall off this year for some reason but he developed into a special player last year. He showed up in big moments, hopefully that version of Cole shows up at some point.

vCash
    I wish he plays in this series. He can make our offense unpredictable for Vogel. I really wish Spo need to use some secret cards.
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=66435&dateline=140520  2166

vCash
    @OP

Don't pay attention to anything Beasted86 writes. According to him, any HEAT fan that criticizes what is inherently wrong with the HEAT organization, CAN NOT be a REAL FAN. (E.g., see his responses to my frequent critiquing of Bosh being a poor post player.)

I completely agree with you btw. Poppovich and the rest of the San Antonio coaching staff are great at developing their young talent, relative to Spoelstra and the Heat who have had an abysmal track record so far. And it's not just a matter of management finding gems late in the draft (e.g., Ginobili, Leonard, Splitter) or in free agency (e.g., Green). This is an organization that consistently turns previously unheralded/unproductive players (e.g., Belinelli, Joseph, Mills) into productive players.

I initially laughed when the Spurs picked up Belinelli in free agency (a player who's been below-average much of his career). But then I remembered this was the Spurs we were talking about (who have an extensive history of successful reclamation projects), so I wasn't surprised to see Belinelli playing well through the season. Yet Spo, who gets a player in Oden who (when healthy) has historically been very productive on a per-minute basis, still can't successfully integrate him into the rotation?

The fact is, Spo's not a great coach. And while, it's definitely true that Beasley's not a good player, nor even a solid role player. There's really no doubt in my mind that Popovich would have gotten some decent production out of him in a more expansive role (backing up Duncan, Leonard, and Splitter).

Any coach that stubbornly plays a center that is currently averaging 7.3 rebounds per 48!!! (Yes, you read that right, Bosh is currently averaging 7.3 rebounds per 48 mins in the play-offs), honestly deserves to get canned. No way Pop plays Bosh just because he's making like 15-20 mil a season. You gotta earn your playing time with Pop, or he won't play you at all (and see to it that your behind gets traded).

In the end, ask yourself this? How many years of sustained success have the Spurs had during the Popavich era? Going on like 15-16 years now right? Yet this team is still going strong, despite Duncan's gradual decline. I genuinely dislike the Spurs, but if there's one thing I envy, it's how EXTREMELY well run that organization is (from top to bottom).
    Last edited by Dré; 05-18-2014 at 07:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dré View Post
    @OP

Don't pay attention to anything Beasted86 writes. According to him, any HEAT fan that criticizes what is inherently wrong with the HEAT organization, CAN NOT be a REAL FAN. (E.g., see his responses to my frequent critiquing of Bosh being a poor post player.)

I completely agree with you btw. Poppovich and the rest of the San Antonio coaching staff are great at developing their young talent, relative to Spoelstra and the Heat who have had an abysmal track record so far. And it's not just a matter of management finding gems late in the draft (e.g., Ginobili, Leonard, Splitter) or in free agency (e.g., Green). This is an organization that consistently turns previously unheralded/unproductive players (e.g., Belinelli, Joseph, Mills) into productive players.

I initially laughed when the Spurs picked up Belinelli in free agency (a player who's been below-average much of his career). But then I remembered this was the Spurs we were talking about (who have an extensive history of successful reclamation projects), so I wasn't surprised to see Belinelli playing well through the season. Yet Spo, who gets a player in Oden who (when healthy) has historically been very productive on a per-minute basis, still can't successfully integrate him into the rotation?

The fact is, Spo's not a great coach. And while, it's definitely true that Beasley's not a good player, nor even a solid role player. There's really no doubt in my mind that Popovich would have gotten some decent production out of him in a more expansive role (backing up Duncan, Leonard, and Splitter).

Any coach that stubbornly plays a center that is currently averaging 7.3 rebounds per 48!!! (Yes, you read that right, Bosh is currently averaging 7.3 rebounds per 48 mins in the play-offs), honestly deserves to get canned. No way Pop plays Bosh just because he's making like 15-20 mil a season. You gotta earn your playing time with Pop, or he won't play you at all (and see to it that your behind gets traded).

In the end, ask yourself this? How many years of sustained success have the Spurs had during the Popavich era? Going on like 15-16 years now right? Yet this team is still going strong, despite Duncan's gradual decline. I genuinely dislike the Spurs, but if there's one thing I envy, it's how EXTREMELY well run that organization is (from top to bottom).
    To be completely honest I didn't read this post past the first three sentences.. But it's going down the road what I actually said about you (not what you said in your first sentence here).

I said that you didn't belong on this forum since every single post of yours (no, I'm not joking, exaggerating nor being facetious when I say every one of them) in this HEAT forum is complaining our pointing out the flaws of this team.

Please go back and look exactly what was said in all the discussions. Because I'll say the same thing again... normal people don't post in the way that you do when they are genuinely trying to have a discussion and debate. Anyway, have fun with whatever point you were making above, as I said, I didn't read it, but they all go the same place.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    For arguments sake I am going to agree with everything you said...but I still think that a good coach would of put a talent like beasly in a position to be more successful. Same goes for Oden. The way Spoelstra goes about his business, it just doesn't improve players. Unlike Pop who will take a player none wants, plug him in his best area and all of a sudden guys like Patty Mills, and that dude who is now on charlotte, become very productive in there roll. Spoelstra only deals with polished players/vets. He cannot do anything with a talented Rookie who simply needs to get better at the subtle specifics of the game. He cannot take talented players and make them better or put them in positions to be better thus he throws them away and they get worse.
    Well I'm sorry Spo it's not as good as a top 5 coach all time at acclimating players to his system.

At the end of the day Spo it's just trying to do what he thinks is best. He's a good coach, and I trust him at this point. As I said, I'm not saying I agree with him, I'm just saying I understand the rationale why Lewis and Battier and even now Jones take minutes at the swing forward spots over Beasley. They play more consistent on the defensive end of the floor than Beasley, which says enough. There actually shouldn't even be a discussion... it shouldn't even be close defensively between three 34-35 year olds and a 26 year old. Shouldn't be even up for discussion when you factor in that even in their primes, none were as athletic as Beasley is. It's really a shame he falls so short on that end of the floor.

Spo could find minutes for Beasley, but I don't fault him for doing otherwise.

I also don't think there is anything subtle about how poor Beasley plays at times on defense when he's already been in the league 6 years. This is no longer a 19 year old where he should have to live with his learning curve. At the end of the day Phoenix paid him to go away and went on to have a great season. This kid had talent, and I do think he can help the team at times... But make no mistakes about it, Beasley is not a "game changer" he's a role player we can easily win without.

vCash
    I said that you didn't belong on this forum since every single post of yours (no, I'm not joking, exaggerating nor being facetious when I say every one of them) in this HEAT forum is complaining our pointing out the flaws of this team...
    ...Anyway, have fun with whatever point you were making above, as I said, I didn't read it, but they all go the same place.
    Lol. The fact that you don't read my posts pretty much disqualifies you from making any comments (regarding them).

That said, what's your point? I want to see this team get SIGNIFICANTLY YOUNGER and BETTER at key positions. Not remain stagnant or get worse (as has been the trend). The fact is, this team DOES have major flaws, and its ability to overcome them has much more to do with the individual greatness of LeBron, more than anything else. Bron needs more talent around him, there's no denying that. Anderson and Wade are very viable options (at two key positions), and Allen and Battier serve as key contributors, but the HEAT still need to get deeper (particularly up front), especially when you consider all the miles those guys (including James) have logged (plus their respective ages).

...normal people don't post in the way that you do when they are genuinely trying to have a discussion and debate...
    Smh, typical red herring fallacy... This one better known specifically as argumentum ad passiones (or appeal to emotion). Not exactly surprising coming from you. Given red herrings are pretty much the only thing you seem able to throw my (or anyone else's) way.
    Last edited by Dré; 05-18-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast