Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do ya want in the WCF?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kings

8 72.73%
  • Ducks

3 27.27%
    vCash

Impromptu Kings/Ducks Poll

I'm genuinely curious to see who the board wants more between LA and ANA.

Bout 36 hours til we find out who we're getting. Vote and discuss.

vCash
    Still think LA is the better of the two teams, and because we've never met the Ducks in the playoffs, they get my vote.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    I went with LA. I said it before the playoffs, I think home ice is important and the Blackhawks are proving it so far. Any time the team gets to snatch it up, in my opinion, you go for it.

vCash
    ^Agreed.

Having to play a game 7 on Friday then fly to Chicago and play an early Sunday game is a tough task.

vCash
    I want the ducks to win I am lazy The Honda Center is like 2 blocks from my house lol I could walk in theory

vCash
    Also, everyone wanted to talk about how different a team the Wild were going into this series and while, yeah, they were a bit different - every team is different from year to year...but the reality is they still relied on 2 guys to really make them run, exactly the way they did last year when we beat them in 5. This year they were a bit more well rounded and it took us 6.

The Kings have more than 2 guys, they're more like 4, maybe 5 - but their whole operation is still, IMO, reliant on Quick being Quick. Like it was last year, when we beat them in 5. They may be able to sneak past ANA without Quick being Quick (I'm hoping they do), but man...if he's not playing at the top of his game I'm gonna have a damn near impossible time seeing them turn around after a 7 game series and get themselves going enough to beat this Hawks team with home ice 4 out of 7 times.

For me the fact that we haven't seen Anaheim is a negative. The fact that Perry and Getzlaf seem to be hitting their stride at the right time (though admittedly, still a bit sporadic in doing so) is a negative. The fact that from what I saw of us against them in the regular season, they seem more than capable of running with us is a negative. The fact that they'd have home ice and not us is the biggest negative.

Go Kings.

vCash
    To me, home ice just doesn't mean that much. The Blackhawks have never lost a Game 5 or 6 in the Toews/Kane era in a series tied 2-2. That's a 14-0 record. Unreal. This team doesn't care if they begin the series at home or in Anaheim.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    To me, home ice just doesn't mean that much. The Blackhawks have never lost a Game 5 or 6 in the Toews/Kane era in a series tied 2-2. That's a 14-0 record. Unreal. This team doesn't care if they begin the series at home or in Anaheim.
    I've been throwing that stat around to all my friends the last few days since I heard it on Monday. That stat is genuinely unbelievable. To the point where I have significant doubts any other team in NHL history has accomplished such a thing. Including all those Habs teams.

I mean think about it, what the stat means is that you've played 7 different series against teams that were very formidable, and were good enough to split the first 4 games with you, and then from that point on you just applied your foot squarely to their throat 14 times in a row to send them packing. Absolutely astounding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    I've been throwing that stat around to all my friends the last few days since I heard it on Monday. That stat is genuinely unbelievable. To the point where I have significant doubts any other team in NHL history has accomplished such a thing. Including all those Habs teams.

I mean think about it, what the stat means is that you've played 7 different series against teams that were very formidable, and were good enough to split the first 4 games with you, and then from that point on you just applied your foot squarely to their throat 14 times in a row to send them packing. Absolutely astounding.
    I've had some heated debates with fans in other cities about Toews being the hands down best captain in the game today. They always respond with, "Well, you're a Blackhawks fan, of course you'd say that." But I just don't see any debate. I'm not saying that certain guys aren't close, Getzlaf comes to mind, but Toews stands alone for me. We're very much in the midst of seeing something very, very special in Chicago right now. Soak it up, guys. This team is going down as one of the all-time greatest. I'm starting to get that feeling again, that I'll be adding 2014 to my signature.

In other interesting news statistics: The Blackhawks are two for two winning Stanley Cup Championships in years in which Kane has worn the mullet. He did not wear it in 2011 or 2012.

Also, the Blackhawks are two for two winning Stanley Cup Championships when I have a significant life problem going on. I know it sounds silly, but they've provided a distraction from both in their two Cup wins. At the moment, I'm in the middle of yet another really hard time in my life, and the Blackhawks are again distracting my mind, at least for a time during games, from some things that are really bothering me. I'm not to imply that the mullet or the problems in my life are the reason that we've won, just a couple coincidences worth mentioning. The Blackhawks have always been there for me when times have been rough.

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013