Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Hernandez Indicted On Double Murder Charges

BOSTON -- Former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez has been indicted on murder charges in a 2012 double slaying in Boston.

Boston police spokeswoman Neva Coakley confirmed the indictment Thursday. Hernandez is already being held without bail after pleading not guilty to murder in the unrelated death of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd last year.

In the 2012 case, victims Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado were shot as they sat in a car in Boston's South End. Police have said they were shot by someone who drove up alongside in an SUV and opened fire.

Boston police have written in an affidavit there is probable cause to believe Hernandez was driving a vehicle used in the shooting and "may have been the shooter."

vCash
    Apparently this is good for us if we hope to get any cap relief (but that wouldn't happen until next year). IDC about AH at this point. He has the right to a legal process but I feel confident in the fact that he's a murderer so he'll get what's coming to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    You'd think we would have gotten this on camera before we signed him ey?

Joking aside, I hope he gets lifetime. Doesn't deserve to see daylight

PSD's Aaron Dropson.
    Honorary packers fan

vCash
    I think they should let him watch and listen to the Pats games (as I understand it, they don't), it might increase his anguish at being a scumbag killer.

He's way high profile, wouldn't be surprised to wake up and hear he got an awl in the ear - for "street cred"... or in this case "jail cred".

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    To tell the truth, I am only interested in how much cap space the Patriots can recover. Is it only the $7.5 mil for 2014? Can the Patriots get last years (2013) $3.734 mil? How far back can they go, and how much can they recover.

My heart goes out to the families and hopefully, this is a step towards closure for them.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    What a scumbag. To be given such an opportunity in life, only to flush it down the drain. The quote, "You can take the kid out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the kid." was made for Hernandez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    I think they should let him watch and listen to the Pats games (as I understand it, they don't), it might increase his anguish at being a scumbag killer.

He's way high profile, wouldn't be surprised to wake up and hear he got an awl in the ear - for "street cred"... or in this case "jail cred".
    I don't think his ear is where he's getting it...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    To tell the truth, I am only interested in how much cap space the Patriots can recover. Is it only the $7.5 mil for 2014? Can the Patriots get last years (2013) $3.734 mil? How far back can they go, and how much can they recover.

My heart goes out to the families and hopefully, this is a step towards closure for them.
    I read somewhere online - sorry, wasn't paying attention to the name of the site - that the Pats could argue that if he committed the first two murders, which happened before he signed his latest contract, that he signed it in bad faith and the Pats can apply for cap relief for the entire contract.