Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Solarte

vCash

Solarte

Kid hasn't stopped. More walks then Ks. Average, on base, and now power. The versatility and switch hitting is great too.

My question is, at what point can we believe its legit? All star break? End of year? Not until he repeats next year. Curious as to what people think here.

By the way, by legit I do t mean a batting crown contender. Remember, this kid was not supposed to be good enough to be a backup. So by "legit" I simply mean some who should be a starter on a contender. Say, someone who can hit .280 for the season with gap power.

LL
    Solarte, oh, oh!
    Solarte, oh, oh, oh, oh!

[Nel blu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lassų
    Nel biu, dipinto di blu
    Felice di stare lass]

vCash
    By August. If the pitchers & teams haven't figured him out by then, it's a safe bet he's legit

vCash
    I would check his stats at the all star break. What you see then is probably what you can expect.

I wish he had a better glove, but the kid has definitely been a bright spot in a not so bright year so far.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .308 HR: NONE! RBI: 10 SB: 4 AGE: 40

vCash
    He doesn't K much and gets a decent amount of BB. Good LD% and makes contact with everything thrown within the Strike zone.

He will regress some but he could be a solid addition to the lineup.

Masahiro Tanaka

11-1| 99.2 IP| 10.20 K/9| 1.44 BB/9| 0.90 HR/9| 1.99 ERA| 2.70 FIP| 2.32 xFIP| 2.9 fWAR

vCash
    Ummm.....he's legit. He's leading the league in batting. He plays in The major leagues. This means he's good .

Embrace it rather than being skeptical.

See Tank.

vCash
    And if Cashman gets buried for signings that don't work, why doesn't he get credit for this stud?

He's better than Bob so far. And we saved $240m.

vCash
    [QUOTE=LeoYankee;28497107]And if Cashman gets buried for signings that don't work, why doesn't he get credit for this stud?

Lord knows I loved Cano's game but a long time ago I said Solarte might make me forget about Cano. I saw him play twice in spring training in Fla..I thought he was really good then but like everyone else was waiting for the bottom to fall out..So far it hasn't happened. Pepole didn't think Cano was too much when he came up either. He turned out to be one of the best hitters in the game..I think Solarte has a real chance. As for his glove..Let's not forget that he's playing out of position on the biggest stage in baseball as a rookie. I think he's playing a damn good 3rd base. As Leo 9my new best friend said ) "let's embrace it"

vCash
    Embrace the Solar Energy!

vCash
    With "legit" being defined at as low a threshold as the OP is defining it, yes he definitely is. How good he will be exactly is up in the air. He's definitely not going to keep up this level of production.

vCash
    I agree with Leo , the guy has been doing this for almost 3 months now and is still improving. Hes legit, by legit I mean a very good player. Pitchers have adjusted to him and he's adjusted right back. Is he an MVP type of player idk but right now I'm enjoying watching him play.
    Mark Teixeira #25
    R- 20 H-30 HR-9 RBI-25 BB-19SO-27AVG-.259 OBP-.377 SLG-.509

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Embrace the Solar Energy!
    yea baby As the Beatles once sung.. "I'll follow the sun"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xXx J0SE 21 xXx View Post
    I agree with Leo , the guy has been doing this for almost 3 months now and is still improving. Hes legit, by legit I mean a very good player. Pitchers have adjusted to him and he's adjusted right back. Is he an MVP type of player idk but right now I'm enjoying watching him play.
    I'm sure teams have the tape rolling on him because he is one of the few problems in the Yankees line up right now..And by that I mean problems for the opposing pitchers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Ummm.....he's legit. He's leading the league in batting. He plays in The major leagues. This means he's good .

Embrace it rather than being skeptical.

See Tank.
    The skeptics don't want to be disappointed is all. Seems silly to me to act like that, though. He's legit.

vCash
    Solarte is what everyone hoped Nunez would be. And his helmet stays firmly affixed to his head at all times.
    <a href=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/29/Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg/240px-Ichiro_Suzuki_on_August_1%2C_2012.jpg target=_blank>http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._1%2C_2012.jpg</a>

BA: .308 HR: NONE! RBI: 10 SB: 4 AGE: 40

vCash
    I don't get how he never got an opportunity in the majors until now

I meese you Seņor Rodriguez

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast