Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA Rumors: Los Angeles Lakers to offer Greg Monroe max contract

This summer will see a few big name free agents hit the market and we could seem them changing uniforms for the first time in their careers. Detroit Pistons big man Greg Monroe is going to become a restricted free agent when the signing period opens which means the Pistons have a mighty decision on their hands when it comes to what they plan on doing with him.

According to Sean Deveney from The Sporting News, Detroit may have their hand forced, as that team is already on the fence about Monroe and word that the Lakers are planning on offering him a max contract would force an ultimatum on the Pistons.

Per the Sporting News:

The Lakers are the other team most frequently mentioned among league executives when it comes to Monroe. If L.A. does not make any splashy moves around the draft, and if the Lakers are ready to concede that Carmelo Anthony is not coming, then they figure to target young, second-tier free agents—and Monroe is at the head of that list.

This is bad news for Pistons fans who want to see him stay as Monroe is unlikely to get a max deal from the Pistons this offseason. Still, Roy Hibbert signed a max offer sheet with the Portland Trail Blazers a few years ago and saw it matched by the Indiana Pacers, so anything is possible.
    http://fansided.com/2014/05/14/nba-r...ntract/#!Nvyi2
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Let me Introduce to you to Pau Gasol's replacement...Greg Monroe...our future franchise center... .
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash

vCash

vCash
    Don't know much about Monroe because Pistons were barely on TV.

Anyone with insight on him?

vCash
    A good example is Monroe’s fellow Georgetown Hoya Roy Hibbert. In 2012, Hibbert was a restricted free agent coming off a year in which he averaged a pretty mundane 12.8 points and 8.8 rebounds. Yet he was offered a four-year max deal worth $58 million by Portland, and the Pacers were forced to match it.

Yeah, if anything, this is reason enough why we SHOULDN'T pursue Greg Monroe when you're linked to piss poor Roy freakin Hibbert in more ways than one.

vCash

The Lakers are doomed.

vCash
    Max? Dang..... Shoot me now

Free As Seagull.

vCash
    isn't a max for a guy like him around 14 million?

Personally, I wouldn't do it

I would rather go after Lance Stephenson - dude needs to get out of the shadow of PG

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    isn't a max for a guy like him around 14 million?

Personally, I wouldn't do it

I would rather go after Lance Stephenson - dude needs to get out of the shadow of PG
    Lance Stephenson is a stud. He reminds me of a younger Ron Artest, who may be just a tad bit less stronger than him, but has the ceiling to improve offensively, something Ron never really did to his full potential.

vCash
    This would be such a terrible move...

vCash
    If max contract is 4 mil a year then yes.

vCash
    I hit my knee on my desk this morning and it still hurts.

vCash
    I don't know about a max contract for Monroe, While he is a very good, young big...Max contracts should be reserved for perennial all-stars, Meaning he should have made at least 2.

With that said, He is a good 8-10 rebound guy and a solid defender out the post, Especially if he plays the PF which I think would be his best position. He's a little small to be a full time center, He's 6'10" and that may be pushing it. I couldn't give him max, But 3yrs.- $24 mil. w/4th yr. option + incentives. That's more than a fair offer. I like the idea, Just don't over pay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestlaker75 View Post
    I don't know about a max contract for Monroe, While he is a very good, young big...Max contracts should be reserved for perennial all-stars, Meaning he should have made at least 2.

With that said, He is a good 8-10 rebound guy and a solid defender out the post, Especially if he plays the PF which I think would be his best position. He's a little small to be a full time center, He's 6'10" and that may be pushing it. I couldn't give him max, But 3yrs.- $24 mil. w/4th yr. option + incentives. That's more than a fair offer. I like the idea, Just don't over pay.
    your offer is what he SHOULD get ... unfortunately, some dumbass team will max him because at the levels you are talking about Detroit will just match

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast