Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Luxuy trade thats very realistic

Just going to throw this trade idea out there that could possibly make our offense unstoppable.
    The Jags look to wanna get rid of Justin Blackmon and Dallas could be a perfect fit for him especially the way we helped Dez.

We can easily trade a 5th round pick with the possibility of it being a 4rd for Justin Blackmon. His playing status for this season is up in the air so he could come even cheaper. Just saying if I was JJ I would call about him, Chris Carter had the same problem and a change of scenery turned him into a Hall of Famer and I believe in 2nd and 3rd chances
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    I don't think so. Correct me if im wrong, but Blackmon may be suspended for the entire season. Ive heard he hasn't really done anything to get re-instated.

Plus, dez, witten, williiams, escobar, harris, Beasley, streets, murray, dunbar.

We have more then enough weapons. we don't really have enough balls to go around now. we are set, IMO at WR. Williams will only bet better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    I don't think so. Correct me if im wrong, but Blackmon may be suspended for the entire season. Ive heard he hasn't really done anything to get re-instated.

Plus, dez, witten, williiams, escobar, harris, Beasley, streets, murray, dunbar.

We have more then enough weapons. we don't really have enough balls to go around now. we are set, IMO at WR. Williams will only bet better.
    +1.

and our cap situation is already bad. we can't afford to waste money on players we can't even trust to be able to play

vCash
    hey it can never hurt to have to many weapons

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    hey it can never hurt to have to many weapons
    I understand what your saying. But honestly, based on what the F.O in Jacksonville was saying during the draft, who they drafted, and what has transpired with blackman, I bet they cut him when/if he gets reinstated.

We could get him for a 7th, most likely or sign him has a free agent. But, he is an alcoholic, and probally not in great shape. Probally not a good option for us. And probally not an option for anyone, per his suspension.

vCash
    Does anybody know why this guy was suspended? Was it alcohol, peds, etc.....? I know we can look at Carter turning it around, but he's just one. The odds are against him ever really getting straight. Plus it's like others have said, we pretty stacked at the position now and don't need to waste cap space on signing him.

vCash
    http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/13/jackson...ended-tragedy/
    the above link talks about the owner talking about him

don't know exactly what he did.

he has been arrested twice for dui.
    He was supended twice for violating leagues substance abuse. Don't know exactly what he was doing. weed? cocaine? meth? who knows. doesn't matter that much. He doesn't seem to care.

This guy has barely been in the league. 2 arrest, 2 suspension, 2 seasons... He obviously isn't learning his lesson.
    Cant fix stupid.

vCash
    He enjoys smoking pot. Same as in college. In a year, he wont even get in trouble for it. There is such a thing as too many weapons. Just our wr.. dez, williams, beasley, street, washington, and harris... We cant have 15 wr on the roster. And if we put any of those on practice squad, they will be gone.

vCash
    [QUOTE=mysteryman463;28497807]He enjoys smoking pot. Same as in college.

He didn't get popped for smoking pot he has alcohol issues. And this is a classic Cowboy fans idea... The last thing we need on this roster is another WR that comes with major distractions and baggage. WR is arguably one of our deepest positions on the roster. WE NEED DEFENSE or we will continue to be 8-8 and waste the primes of all our offensive stars.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    http://nfl.si.com/2014/05/13/jackson...ended-tragedy/
    the above link talks about the owner talking about him

don't know exactly what he did.

he has been arrested twice for dui.
    He was supended twice for violating leagues substance abuse. Don't know exactly what he was doing. weed? cocaine? meth? who knows. doesn't matter that much. He doesn't seem to care.

This guy has barely been in the league. 2 arrest, 2 suspension, 2 seasons... He obviously isn't learning his lesson.
    Cant fix stupid.
    Yeah, quote me if I'm wrong but he's only been in the league for 2 seasons. Let's face it, if your throwing millions of dollars away, then he can't be that smart.

vCash
    the guy has a problem and needs to get help before he kills himself or somebody else... Get him some help and he could reward us big time after he kicks his addiction. Its a low risk high reward type of deal and we pay him chump change. 415 yards in 4 games last season, he is worth a small risk to me after they get him help

vCash
    he has to want the help. im sure the jags, who invested a very high draft pick on him, were bending over backwards trying to get him help.

vCash
    IF we could get him cheap with NO strings attached and we could cut him any time with out cap ramifications. I would sign him and try to straighten him out.

vCash
    The guy had a lot of talent, there's no doubting that. The thing I'm concerned with is that if it did happen, then who gets cut to make room for this guy. We may end up cutting someone who we drafted that turns into a good wideout and we could be stuck with a walking substance abuse idiot. I think it's unfair to whoever we cut and then in the end we lose out.

I think we all saw this guy play in college and know he's a talented wr but is he ever going to turn it around? Is he going to be a distraction? Most likely. I don't see the Jags giving up on him just yet.

vCash
    I'd like to see him get straightened out for the sake of being human and a talented dude.
    BUT like everyone else said unless it was a guarantee he was being reinstated and would come extremely cheap, I don't see it. It would be awesome to have another (potential) top flight wide out opposite of Dez with Witten aging and Williams supplementing but there's a lot riding on ifs.

Maybe Dez would be a good influence seeing as he's had his share of off the field troubles...but I think it's still a pipe dream.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast