Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

How will SVG handle the infamous Smith vs Monroe debate? And the roster as a whole?

If this team is molded after SVG's Orlando team...I would expect Greg Monroe to be on his way out, and a frontcourt of Drummond & Smith to be the inside and out duo we were use to seeing in Orlando with Dwight and Hedo/Rashard/Ryan Anderson. Now Josh Smith doesn't necessarily fit the mold of those 3, but compared to Monroe he's more of the prototype stretch PF you are use to seeing next to Dwight in Orlando. Now SVG can go a completely different direction than what he did in Orlando, but everyone can see Drummond fitting that role that Howard had in Orlando very well and just surround him with shooters.

How do you think he will handle it?
    Do you think we will go into the season with both Smith & Monroe? Only 1? Or maybe neither?
    Who on this roster will benefit or be utilized more with the addition of SVG?

I can honestly see Jerebko have a major bounce back in terms of productivity if we are looking to recreate that Orlando offense. Singler, and KCP will be used in a right way too. Jennings liked the SVG hire, and I can honestly see a connection between the two if SVG makes him focus on passing more.

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash

How will SVG handle the infamous Smith vs Monroe debate? And the roster as a whole?

Yeah you have to believe Monroe is on his way out. Hopefully they can make a sign and trade work and not lose him for nothing but we will see. I can see Villanueva being signed back now and think he could be a better player under Stan then he has been the last few years.

AAP: Kim English

vCash
    I'm quite curious to see if JSmoove and Stan get a long. We all saw what happened in Orlando when Stan had to deal with a hard headed player.

vCash

Don't know how to post tweets here but just read that svg will not resign Monroe

AAP: Kim English

vCash
    Id be more surprised to see Smith here. Drummond isnt ready to handle that much offensively as Howard was able too.

Monroe can. Especially if we cn add shooters w.ith his passing skills

In the draft if we are not picking 1-3 i definitely see us trying to trade back with teams who have multiple picks.
    look for Stauskas & Adrien Payne.
    Adopt A Piston: Brandon Jennings

PPG: 14
    APG: 4
    STL: 4

Times punched by a rapper:1

vCash
    Van Gundy is looking to move Monroe according to PistonPowered

vCash
    My ideal plan: Deal Smith for anything... play a traditional 3 out 2 in offense with Monroe and Drummond... surround them with shooters. Jennings at PG is fine. I'd look at Ariza in FA... and I might even look at Stauskas in the draft as a tremendous shooter off the bench to team with KCP.

Jennings/Bynum/Siva
    KCP/Stauskas
    Ariza/Singler/Mitchell
    Monroe/Jerebko/Mitchell
    Drummond/Harrelson

vCash

Dathomir Rancors (2-1)

vCash
    Simple. Do whatever it takes to deal Josh Smith and lock Moose long term. You're going to lose any trade you try that involves Smith so prepare for that.

Catches: 6 Yards: 72 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Simple. Do whatever it takes to deal Josh Smith and lock Moose long term. You're going to lose any trade you try that involves Smith so prepare for that.
    Brooklyn?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by detzfish View Post
    Don't know how to post tweets here but just read that svg will not resign Monroe
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...it-304687.html

Basically says - Falk is Monroe's agent and will ask for max - so do we lose him, match or Snt.

The teams they list - Charlotte as Falk was MJs agent - and match him with Jefferson. Seems to me, though Jefferson's game on the block is light years ahead of Dre' that they have the same problem as AlJeff's range is the key.

They mention Pelicans because Monroe is from LA and matching him with Davis. I see the same problem.

The dark horse is LAL - and if they don't believe Anthony is coming, this is the next best thing for them as Monroe is at the top of the 2nd tier FA class.

As for making the O like Orlando - ala Dwight / Dre. Van Gundy's smart enough to know that Dre' is not Dwight at this stage and moving everyone to find 3 pt shooters just isn't realistic. It didn't work out so well in Orlando, save for a Hedo career year along with Nelson and Anderson - essentially.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Agreed.

vCash
    Yeah, I think everyone is prepared to gain nothing from a Smith trade. It's just not gonna work out though, no need to push it any further.

vCash
    So many conflicting reports on Monroe's future....I highly doubt any thing mentioned is true(SVG calling Moose up or him telling Moose to take a hike).

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    I'm just not sold Moose leads to wins. Smith has shown he has the will power not to shoot 3s in a past season. I do not know any details on it but I know it was his most efficient season ever. Given that thought, he has never had a coach like SVG who will tell him how it is and be able to back up his statement.

Defensively, you have to prefer Smith. Moose has the quick hands but he will never be on the defensive level Smith is. In today's NBA, you NEED a versatile and defensively able PF to defend the Aldrige, Griffin, Ibaka, etc... We all have said Monroe is clearly a center in this league and we already have our center in Dre.

With all that said, I'm not opposed to keeping Moose but I'm a defensive guy and I will always prefer it over offense and I just think our defensive potential is better with Smith as our starting PF next season.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast