Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    12,321
    vCash
    1500

    Should Hester's number be retired?

    So apparently Fuller will be getting #23. IMO the Bears should pay the greatest returner in NFL history his respects and retire his number. Wasn't around to watch Sayers and Sweetness, so in my mind Hester was the most exciting and electrifying player in Bears history.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    11,557
    vCash
    1500
    No.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21,124
    vCash
    1500
    If Singletary isn't getting his retired, Hester shouldn't. We have way too many retired numbers as it is.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    12,321
    vCash
    1500
    I figured Hester's should take precedence over the others since he's the best ever at his position, even though KR is special teams, his returns made huge impacts to the game.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    34,068
    vCash
    1500
    Can't retire it before he even retires though.

    Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    37,066
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    If Singletary isn't getting his retired, Hester shouldn't. We have way too many retired numbers as it is.
    This. Singletary and Brian should be retired before Devin IMO. And neither of those two are getting retired anytime soon (if ever).

    The Bears should, IMO, un-retire all of their numbers and just have a huge Ring of Honor/Monsters of the Midway celebration for legacy players.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    54,425
    vCash
    1500
    Wasn't Ditka's number the last one to be retired anyway?

    I thought they made a big deal about not retiring anymore after that because they already have so many of them retired.

    I like the Ring of Honor idea too.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    154
    vCash
    1500
    Urlacher, Sinletary,Dent, numbers not retire why Hester? Yes he was good but there were player that were better than him.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    70,040
    vCash
    1187
    Yeah we're not retiring anymore numbers. Too many more and well run out of numbers to use

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    11,557
    vCash
    1500
    We'd have use A,B, C,...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,882
    vCash
    1500
    I'm of the mindset that you need not just be a HOFer to get your number retired, you need to be an in the class of greatness above that. Sweetness, Butkus, Hampton, and Urlacher should be the only four.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,543
    vCash
    1500
    No, Hester shouldn't have his # retired. He was a ****** WR.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    5,606
    vCash
    1500
    No
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chi-City
    Posts
    1,196
    vCash
    1500
    Maybe at a Buffalo Wild Wings where he signed one. But other than that no.
    Quote Originally Posted by d00d View Post
    Laurence Holmes made a strong case for 0 - 6 before you say no way you should hear him

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,458
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    If Singletary isn't getting his retired, Hester shouldn't. We have way too many retired numbers as it is.
    This.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron!n View Post
    Can't retire it before he even retires though.
    and this

    Quote Originally Posted by db75 View Post
    This. Singletary and Brian should be retired before Devin IMO. And neither of those two are getting retired anytime soon (if ever).

    and this

    The Bears should, IMO, un-retire all of their numbers and just have a huge Ring of Honor/Monsters of the Midway celebration for legacy players.
    Maybe this.

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Wasn't Ditka's number the last one to be retired anyway?

    I thought they made a big deal about not retiring anymore after that because they already have so many of them retired.

    I like the Ring of Honor idea too.
    Walter Payton was the last I believe.

    Quote Originally Posted by marvotolduso View Post
    Urlacher, Sinletary,Dent, numbers not retire why Hester? Yes he was good but there were player that were better than him.
    Back to this.

    Quote Originally Posted by BcEuAbRsS View Post
    I'm of the mindset that you need not just be a HOFer to get your number retired, you need to be an in the class of greatness above that. Sweetness, Butkus, Hampton, and Urlacher should be the only four.
    I agree, but you're leaving out Nagurski, Halas, Luckman, Sayers, Ditka, and George among other deserving retirees. Hampton and Urlacher aren't on the list, but if you're calling for Urlacher, you have to believe the people I just listed deserve it just as much, if not more since most of them (all of them?) actually won championships.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •