Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vasquez on KD

vCash

Vasquez on KD

http://m.basketball.******.com/wiret...es-outside-acc

I seen this while and didnt see a post about it yet so i figured this would give us something to pine over

vCash
    Greivis Vasquez: Durant Will Have Statues Outside ACC
    Share Via James Herbert/CBS Sports
    May 13, 2014 06:49 PM ET
    Greivis Vasquez was teammates with Kevin Durant in high school at Montrose Christian in Maryland.

"Hopefully I get to play with him one day in the NBA and hopefully it's here in Toronto," said Vasquez on Toronto radio on Monday.

Durant is a free agent in 2016 and he grew up a fan of the Toronto Raptors during the Vince Carter era.

Vasquez, who is a free agent this offseason, talked about Durant again on Tuesday with Bryan Hayes of TSN 1050.

Hayes: "It was announced 'Raptors Day' on Monday here in Toronto, and you guys just got to the first round. What do you think the city would be like if you ever won a title here?"

Vasquez: "Well, imagine if we get KD, Kevin Durant, 2016."

Hayes: "That's your guy, too, right?"

Vasquez: "And he'll lead us to a championship."

Hayes: "Are you calling your shot right now, Kevin Durant coming to Toronto?"

Vasquez: "I think he'll have statues right outside the ACC."

Hayes: "And where's your statue going to be?"

Vasquez: "It's OK. It could be back in the locker room, it could be in Venezuela. As long as I win a championship with KD, that'll be an amazing feeling. So hopefully that happens."

Vasquez spoke glowingly about Toronto during his exit interview following the Raptors' season.

vCash
    Picture of Durant and Vasquez I posted in another thread

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-conte...is-vasquez.jpg

vCash
    Its wishful thinking and fairly premature wishful thinking at that considering that Vasquez isn't actually even under contract with us anymore unless we resign him this summer. Still its something that could give us a small edge when we are one of 20 teams recruiting Durant in 2 years.

I think it speaks to Vasquez a lot actually that he would say these things in reference to the Raptors given his free agent status

His agent must be PISSED lmao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-8-TheWizard View Post
    Its wishful thinking and fairly premature wishful thinking at that considering that Vasquez isn't actually even under contract with us anymore unless we resign him this summer. Still its something that could give us a small edge when we are one of 20 teams recruiting Durant in 2 years.

I think it speaks to Vasquez a lot actually that he would say these things in reference to the Raptors given his free agent status

His agent must be PISSED lmao
    It seems to me that it is a forgone conclusion that he'll be signing here. I'm hoping for a bit of a discount, but we'll see .

Vasquez stirring the rumour mill? Definitely a great fit here

vCash
    Obviously GV wants to come back and understands his role. That alone is terrific news.

vCash
    I have really warmed up to GV. I think he would be a terrific back up PG for our team. And we can always dream about KD playing for the raptors.

vCash
    Two things I like about this: Vasquez doesn't mind being a back-up, and he may accept less money to help the team sign a big free-agent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    It seems to me that it is a forgone conclusion that he'll be signing here. I'm hoping for a bit of a discount, but we'll see .

Vasquez stirring the rumour mill? Definitely a great fit here
    It certainly looks that way but you never know what could happen during the offseason

vCash
    Never short for confidence.

I love it.

vCash
    The story line would be epic. Vasquez his highschool friend possibly vince his hero in the raptor jersey once again. Lebron has the usa on lock, KD can single handedly take over canada similar to like what vince did. Nothing is certain, but this storyline of kd taking over canada with his hero backin him up with his buddy by his side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wax_da_workman View Post
    The story line would be epic. Vasquez his highschool friend possibly vince his hero in the raptor jersey once again. Lebron has the usa on lock, KD can single handedly take over canada similar to like what vince did. Nothing is certain, but this storyline of kd taking over canada with his hero backin him up with his buddy by his side.
    That is one hell of a narrative.

vCash
    ECF.. Durant vs Lebron, Canada vs USA... one can dream
    JETS
    MAPLE LEAFS
    RAPTORS
    BLUE JAYS
    BENGALS

vCash
    We might be able to get Vasquez around 3-3.5

Things will always work out in the end, but if you want them to turn out a certain way... You need to make it happen.

vCash
    Drake trying to convince Jay Z that Durant should come here?

Doubt it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast