Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Yangervis Solarte, Texas Rangers fans and baseball fans we need to talk

What the hell got into this guy. 9 years in the minors and now he's leading the AL, I need information. Now.
    when they forget what Kevin Long saids

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    What the hell got into this guy. 9 years in the minors and now he's leading the AL, I need information. Now.
    He was with the Twins for 7 of those years. I'm guessing it has to do with his .733 career OPS in the minors. Not to mention the last 2 years in the PCL, his OPS was lower than the league average. Very easy to look over a guy like that when he is 26 years old.

That said, he's not Yasiel Puig in terms of talent with regression still suggesting he can be a future all star. A guy doesn't stay down there in the minors for that long for no reason. Perhaps he made a swing adjustment but come back in 2-3 months and let's see if he is still hitting .336. I doubt it with a .356 BABIP.

vCash
    what's he leading the AL in?

Batting average?

But pretty high babip, but good BB/K rates and a good LD rate

League hasn't seen much of him though, so they haven't figured out how to pitch to him yet.

But also, he isn't that old. He's 26, and the Rangers arguably never had room for him, and he never really played well enough to warrant the call-up the last two years, but while he was with Minnesota, he was a solid prospect, and a Twins top 30 prospect (not that that means a whole lot)

Good BB/K guys can always come out of nowhere from the minor leagues though.

But I suspect he'll regress a bit. But if he can keep the BB/K and batted ball rates up, he'll be a good player.

vCash
    What are the chances of Minny letting 2 Ortiz situations happen? like the switch just goes on?

I have to ask b/c I know the BABIP #'s and while the BABIP #'s have gone down, his BA has risen and he's also popping up in hardest hits averages in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    But I suspect he'll regress a bit. But if he can keep the BB/K and batted ball rates up, he'll be a good player.
    I thought .290 - .310 most. I never saw .339 or .336 by May 13th.

vCash
    I thought .290 - .310 most. I never saw .339 or .336 by May 13th.
    Well.....it's 150 PA

vCash
    What are the chances of Minny letting 2 Ortiz situations happen? like the switch just goes on?

I have to ask b/c I know the BABIP #'s and while the BABIP #'s have gone down, his BA has risen and he's also popping up in hardest hits averages in the league.

Sometimes a player just needs to get playing time.

But I don't think this is an Ortiz situation, it's not very similar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Well.....it's 150 PA
    with no history knowing what that pitcher he faces throws in pattern. But I get this. I guess we pay attention and see if this continues into June. B/c then it's serious.

vCash
    induct him into the HOF now!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    There are plenty of guys who really don't start to turn it on/get playing time until they're in their late 20s. Victorino for example was about 26 when he got his chance and was a rule 5 pick. Chris Davis too.

I think we've all just take for granted how many early 20 year olds that come in and play well right away.

vCash
    ^ Raul Ibanez

vCash
    Jose Bautista

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    There are plenty of guys who really don't start to turn it on/get playing time until they're in their late 20s. Victorino for example was about 26 when he got his chance and was a rule 5 pick. Chris Davis too.

I think we've all just take for granted how many early 20 year olds that come in and play well right away.
    Mark Trumbo. Kole Calhoun

vCash
    I couldn't decide whether to add him or George Springer in fantasy, I went with Springer but it was close I hope I made the right decision.

vCash
    Okay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast