Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andre Johnson.

vCash

Andre Johnson.

Andre Johnson apparently is unhappy in Houston. Anyone think that the Pats should go after him?

if we could get him for some mixture of Mallet/DA/picks (supposedly they want a 2nd; maybe offer Mallet/DA/4th?) I think it would work well.

His cap hit isn't that big a deal; either restructure him or cut him after this year (~7 mil cap hit).

Would be the #1 WR the Pats desperately need, and he seems like he would fit right in.

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash

thank you andre johnson for making this scenario even remotely possible. bb better jump all over this. give them mallet and whatever else, get andre here and restructure his contract. dream come true.

vCash
    Can't see it happening. It doesn't look like Houston has much interest in Mallet. And I don't want to give up anything more than a 4th rounder for him. He is 32.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Mallett + Amendola + 2nd-5th round pick. Maybe a 3rd rounder because IIRC we should get a 3rd round comp pick from Talib. It's a shame Amendola's value is at it's lowest right now. Fitting him in our cap would present a challenge. He's already restructured once, I'm not sure he'd be willing to do it again. Even if he did, we may also have to get rid of Connolly, Wendell, and do what HPF suggested to Mankin's contract. I don't know what our current cap situation is, but we still need to factor in rookie signings.

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of things that make this very unrealistic, but Andre Johnson.... I can dream, right?

vCash
    The opportunity is definitely there now. Johnson says he will make a decision, and wants to play for a contender. Not sure what better option there is for him. I absolutely love Johnson, so of course I'm pulling for BB to work his magic.

vCash
    At his age with that contract and his public statements, it could be no team will offer a deal and we'll get to negotiate for him with cash and the promise of a ring.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    I could see the Chiefs or Browns possibly making a play for Johnson.

vCash
    idk, maybe...

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    the browns are the team i imagine going over the top to land him. i would do amendola and a third for a chance to land him. if he is looking to be with a contender that gives some hope of attracting him. the whole mallett stuff i just do not see,i certainly would offer him, maybe for one of those ridiculous letter men jackets they had (sorry but i just don't get mallett's value).

vCash
    If the Texans are willing to deal Johnson it means they're in rebuild mode and would be looking for draft picks/young players. I don't see Amendola having much value to them and Mallett's value wouldn't be great. On the other hand, you don't want a disgruntled, face of the franchise type player causing problems on a young team. If Johnson continues to make it known he isn't happy, I think a second rounder and Mallett might be enough to get him. I just don't think the Texans will settle for much less.

vCash
    Lets not forget he is 33, with a huge cap killing contract, his value drops significantly right there. Now if he would want to come here with a renegotiated contract sure!

vCash
    He'd have to restructure his contract, and for everyone including Danny, realize his cap hit is WORSE if traded.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyBrave View Post
    Lets not forget he is 33, with a huge cap killing contract, his value drops significantly right there. Now if he would want to come here with a renegotiated contract sure!
    This is true but the Pats and Texans don't exist in a vacuum. Johnson still has a lot of value and the Pats would be bidding against any team that is willing to overpay a bit if they think he can put them over the top.

vCash
    Been waiting for this.

vCash
    i say go all in give them a second with RM and DA they gave the D a one year weapon with Revis now give brady one all in this year do it! If gronk is heathy come playoffs Johnson on the outside JE in the slot and gronk at TE is scary good

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast