Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

A Possible Green Taker.

With this Jeff Green love the C's may have an opportunity to acquire another 1st rnd draft pick.

The Love:
    http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde..._2014_was.html

The Deal: (If Phoenix is willing to dance).
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kmx7voq

Green to WIZARDS. ? is green a better fit than Ariza.
    Ariza & Bayless to SUNS. (Both can resign and be a good fit with this crew)
    Okafor & one of those Suns(3) 1st rnd picks to CELTICS. (Okafor 14 mil expiring, big help for C's)

What do you think?
    Last edited by esb; 05-14-2014 at 12:09 AM.

vCash
    You just posted a link to the trade machine and not the actual trade, would like to see the pieces involved.

I still think its far fetched Green gets dealt this off-season, but I wouldn't be disappointed in the slightest if he is dealt.

vCash
    I don't see a team giving a 1st for Green...
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    I saw the Green to Wizards speculation on another site.

Don't think much of it myself although they do have the expiring contracts to make it work for the C's.

I guess I look at it as I do Rondo's situation - just because there are a lot of teams that would like to acquire Rondo doesn't mean he's going anywhere. So, just because the Wizards have "liked Green for a long time" doesn't mean Boston's going to partner with them on a trade. Kind of like DAnny might want to acquire Love from Minnesota, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen.
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    As was said, this doesn't mean that a trade is coming.. But still very interesting. I like his fit on that team too. Takes the pressure off him so he can slide into a 2nd/3rd option spot. Plus.. he's got the DC connection.

I don't know if we're going to get that expiring AND a first rounder.. but damn that'd be a sweet haul.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kmx7voq

my bad, thought it came through.

This it just a what if situation, not a this is what's going to happen trade.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    I guess I look at it as I do Rondo's situation - just because there are a lot of teams that would like to acquire Rondo doesn't mean he's going anywhere.
    A lot? Name them - you know - in the real world...

Green's quality of play is easy to argue below his AAV. How then does anybody expect a #1? If we want a #1, we have to take back one or two contracts that are longer AND worse than Green's - or we trade a #1 that's higher ranked than the one we get back.

In the deal the Suns and us seem to make out better than the Wiz - I think they get at least a couple of 2nd's to smooth that out.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 05-14-2014 at 06:47 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    I don't see a team giving a 1st for Green...
    Playing along with the Green to Wizards scenario.... If I were DAnny, I would demand Otto Porter and filler in exchange for Green which would be like getting a first round (#3 overall in 2013) pick for Green.

Porter is stuck behind Ariza and Webster. Even if they do not bring Ariza back, Webster is signed for 3 more years. Are they going to bury Porter behind Green and Webster?

Porter, Seraphin, Rice, Jr. for Green?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    Playing along with the Green to Wizards scenario.... If I were DAnny, I would demand Otto Porter and filler in exchange for Green which would be like getting a first round (#3 overall in 2013) pick for Green.

Porter is stuck behind Ariza and Webster. Even if they do not bring Ariza back, Webster is signed for 3 more years. Are they going to bury Porter behind Green and Webster?

Porter, Seraphin, Rice, Jr. for Green?
    Porter could be a player - odds are decent for him to be something. Seraphin and Rice moreso are your basic shots in the dark. The Wiz get a sure thing mediocre over priced player with control, and lose cap flexibility, and a potential top 75 NBA player. We have to give more. It could be a pick (or trade thereof, or other players in a bigger deal) but as is we get the best of it.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Weird things happen sometimes. I never thought the Raptors would go for Rudy Gay. And then the Kings.

I could see the Wizards doubling down on their post season berth by trying to get quick upgrades. Green isn't the most overpaid guy.

Just have to wait and see. Even though making up stuff is more fun

vCash
    A deal that might work:

C's give: Green, Bogans

C's get: Okafor, Tucker, two 2's

We get expiring deals, they get Green for 3 years, we get some trade fodder. DA should be able to do more with the money in FA than what they get out of Green and Bogans slot. "Should" being the key word.

I just want Green out, people that want to "cash in" are wasting wishes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    A deal that might work:

We get expiring deals, they get Green for 3 years, we get some trade fodder. DA should be able to do more with the money in FA than what they get out of Green and Bogans slot. "Should" being the key word.

Green is under contract for only two more years.
    El Presidente

vCash
    I think we could get something for Jeff Green from a team needing a SF that is in win now mode. Green cant be the man on a team but can be option number 4. I wouldnt be shocked to see a team like Atlanta, Detroit or Washington that is looking for a player to give us something for Jeff.

What about NY?

Amare for Wallace and Green?
    El Presidente

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    A deal that might work:

This would be my type of deal, but I may see if we add say Green+Bass+2nd if we could maybe grab Okafor-Potter-cap filler (if needed).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rufo4100 View Post
    Green is under contract for only two more years.
    **** letter network trade machine says - 3, probably because the current year isn't over. But for all purposes it's 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast