Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Explore trade for Andre Johnson?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 88.89%
  • No

2 11.11%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Report: Andre Johnson not sure about Houston

Andre Johnson doesn't plan to attend OTAs or minicamp and said he's been "wondering if [Houston] is the place for him."

Johnson mentioned the losing has been frustrating and also pointed to the fact that he's on his third head coach in 12 seasons. The soon-to-be 33-year-old has been the ultimate pro since being the No. 3 overall pick in 2003, but he might be reaching a boiling point. The Texans did nothing to upgrade their quarterback situation and arguably got worse by replacing Matt Schaub with Ryan Fitzpatrick/Tom Savage. Johnson has three years left on his deal and is set to count over $15 million against the cap. His contract would be hard to trade.
    Via http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1575/andre-johnson

His cap number is big, but we have the space to get him this year and try and restructure for the future. I think he would be the perfect addition to complete the off-season remodeling

vCash

Andre Johnson?

Living in Houston, there is a rumor going around that Andre Johnson will request a trade soon from the Texans.

Some excerpts from today:

Andre Johnson is not on board with another Texans rebuild.

The veteran wide receiver said Tuesday he’s highly frustrated with the state of a franchise that went 2-14 last season. Johnson doesn’t plan to attend OTAs or an upcoming mandatory camp and is uncertain whether he wants to remain a Texan this year.
    “Nobody’s been here as long as I have. You just kind of look at things; I’ve been thinking about things this offseason,” Johnson said. “And I just kind of wonder sometimes, ‘Is this still the place for me?’ ”
    “When you bring a new coach in, you go through a rebuilding process,” Johnson said. “Some people say it’s not. Some people say it’s a quick fix. Everybody has their own opinion. But I’ve been through the situation more than once.”
    “I just look at my career. … I’ve only been to the playoffs twice. I think we’ve only had three winning seasons,” said Johnson, who at least twice last season expressed his frustration on the field during games. “I don’t think any player wants to experience that. I think over time it can become very frustrating. And this offseason has been very frustrating for me; beginning of the offseason, I should say. That’s just kind of where I’m at right now.”
    Link: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...me/#23243101=0

One thing: Texan fans might seriously riot if the team trades Andre Johnson. He is immensely popular down here and by far the best player the franchise has ever had. He's a huge fixture in the community and is loved by everyone in Houston.

He's 32 (33 in July) but is a true #1 WR. I'm not saying we're any closer to a championship than Houston but I feel like we do have a better supporting cast and feel like we DO have a better QB situation than the Texans.

My question, would you explore a trade for Andre Johnson (if he requests one) and, if so, what would you offer Houston?
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Can we make a receiver rumor thread. 3 threads show we could us one bigger thread to clear the clutter after all the draft threads.

vCash
    Someone go ahead and merge the thread I started 5 mins ago with this one...

vCash
    I agree. There are 4 now.

vCash
    Also. That cap number is way to big for a guy that will become Plax 2.0

vCash
    I started talking to guys at the gym presraft about this possibility... Would be a great vet leader and player
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    Idzik get him!!!
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ - NYY View Post
    I started talking to guys at the gym presraft about this possibility... Would be a great vet leader and player
    Yeah. You don't **** with Dre. Ask Cortland Finnegan (who's a Dolphin now, lol)...

Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Yes, explore this deal for sure. He's still a beast.

vCash
    I had mentioned on numerous pre free agency that he will become available, either via being cut due to cap figures during a rebuild or via trade.

I would welcome this in a heartbeat, for the right price.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    He'd be a welcomed addition, for sure.

Why would he want to leave Houston's QB situation for the Jets. It's a lateral move.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    How's it a lateral move. We were a win away from the playoffs last year in a weakening division. We brought in a lot of talent and addressed instant needs in the draft. We are a much better team than the Texans

vCash
    We had a better season than the Texans that's for sure. But again, why would he want to leave Houston's situation, for our situation? Perhaps it isn't completely lateral, but the Jets still aren't a super reliable place for a WR.

There are teams with better QB situations out there that would probably attract Johnson more.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    He'd be a welcomed addition, for sure.

Why would he want to leave Houston's QB situation for the Jets. It's a lateral move.
    I think the Jets QB situation is better than the Texans' at the moment. Plus, I think the Jets have the better team as well.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast