Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

If the Big 3 opt out

If Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all opt out of their contracts and sign new contracts it would put us in a much better position to succeed in the future. We only have the Big 3 and Haslem, Birdman, and Cole under contract for next season. The 2014-2015 salary cap will be set at 77.0 million and if they do not opt out our payroll would be

Lebron-20.59 million
    Bosh-20.59 million
    Wade-20.048 million
    Haslem-4.6 million
    Cole-2.15 million
    Birdman-1.5 million

Total Payroll 69.5 million

We would only have 7.5 million to make up the rest of the team. Granted we can go over the cap to bring back our guys (Chalmers/Allen/Battier (if he does not retire)) but we would be forced to go over the cap and pay more in taxes in the future. Also, our guys are getting older and we will need to be able to bring in newer guys to be able to sustain our winning ways.

In 2010, Lebron and Wade were the top 2 players in basketball and were equivalent, and Bosh just came off a 24/11 season so he was seen as a near max guy as well. 4 years later the story is not the same. Wade is still possibly a top 10 player when healthy and Bosh is a top 20-25 player but has a different role than he did in Toronto.

If Wade signs something like 5 years 60 million (12 million annually), Bosh 5 years 72 million (14.4 million annually), and Lebron 5 years 125 million (25 million annually) that would allow us to continue to compete for the foreseeable future. Lebron is the best player in basketball and brings a ton of money to the Heat organization. After everything he has done for us over the last 4 years he should not have to sacrifice as much as everyone else. The 25 million/year contract would just be under max (max is 35% of salary cap, which would be 26.95 million in 2014-2015) and make him one of the highest paid players in basketball, which he completely deserves. Wade is getting older and when he is healthy, he is worth more than 12 million/year, but if he is going to continue to miss 1/3 of the season, this contract would be fair for him. He is still worth alot of money, but we have to be realistic if we want to stay a contender. Bosh is still a legitimate all star and still in his prime. He continues to improve year in and year out and is a legit 2nd or 3rd option. He is not worth 20 million/year, but he isn't worth a whole lot less than that either. If they sign those contracts our payroll for next year would be

Lebron-25 million
    Bosh-14.4 million
    Wade-12 million
    Haslem-4.6 million
    Cole-2.15 million
    Birdman 1.5 million

Total Payroll 59.65 million

That would save us about 10 million for next year alone. Shane Battier is going to retire after the season but Ray Allen said in February he does not plan to retire. We could bring Ray Allen back for something like 1 year 3.5 million (with a 2nd year option) and Chalmers back 4 years 23 million (5.75 million annually) and still have some money

Lebron-25 million
    Bosh-14.4 million
    Wade-12 million
    Chalmers-5.75 million
    Haslem-4.6 million
    Allen-3.5 million
    Cole-2.15 million
    Birdman-1.5 million

Total Payroll 68.9 million

We would still have a little over 8 million to bring in other role players. Maybe Vince Carter wants to win a title before he retires and takes a mini MLE like both Battier and Allen have over the last few years. Maybe Danny Granger wants to do the same. Perhaps Mike Miller could return. Maybe we could get really lucky and nab a big like Emeka Okafor. And remember, we could go over the cap to resign our guys so we could wait to sign Chalmers and Allen until we brought other guys in. In this scenario we could nab 2, possibly 3 decent role players who could contribute.

I do not believe this team needs great fundamental changes, but I do believe we will need to continue to be able to bring people in every year like we have been doing. We actually did not do that last year and we look weaker than we did a year ago. If Wade and Bosh are willing to sacrifice and really make this Lebron's team, as he in also receives the largest check, we can compete for at least another 3 years after this year. We would stay on top as long as Lebron is on top.

If they all opt in and continue to get their current deals, we will obviously compete this year, and probably next year too. After that however, our run could be over.

Discuss what you think the Heat or Wade and Bosh should do this offseason.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 05-13-2014 at 03:28 PM.

vCash
    Wade - 14
    Lebron - 14
    Bosh - 14
    Melo - 14

Jk

I don't know, but if they all opt out we could get the mle and the mini mle as well which could help. Hopefully with Lebron resigning we also sign the new tv contract at anywhere from 50-80 mil a year this would help on the future at keeping a player like Mike miller who we want around.

vCash
    I believe big three have already decided their future. They already know how they are gonna go about next 5/6 years. Pat Riley is a straight gangster. He ain't about waiting till the 11th hour. Dude knows his ****.
    Last edited by naps; 05-14-2014 at 02:38 AM.

vCash
    Your cap math is way off. Visit: www.cbafaq.com to learn why. Also the cap is projected at 63 million, but we won't know the cap or luxury tax line until they are actually set.

End of the day, let Pat figure this stuff out. I'm not worried though.

vCash
    Agree with the last two posts. I guarantee Pat Riley already knew what he was gonna do this year when they signed on the dotted line 4 years ago. I hear very little talk around the league on how much better the Heat can get next year. Everyone just talks about the potential of Lebron leaving, but not the potential of them signing for less and allowing us to add even better players.

The X factor this summer is gonna be how much Wade resigns for. I don't think anyone knows how much or how little he's gonna sign for. I'll say this though, i think Wade would sign for a lot less if it meant keeping Lebron. If Lebron leaving is in jeopardy i think Wade will save the day and take a pay cut to get another player.

As for Bosh, there's no chance he should be remotely close to what he's getting paid now. Something in the 15/yr is around what he's worth.

vCash
    I dont think LeBron cares about being the highest paid player in the league (like Kobe). He wants his legacy to be that of Jordan and Kobe which is championships. He'll take 20Mil a year. I dont think Bosh takes a huge paycut, but he will take slightly less, id assume in the 17-18mil/yr range. Wade will be the one taking the paycut. Wade is still the heart of this team and he just wants to win. I think he'll go for a longer deal worth 6-7mil/yr. this will free up enough space for the heat to sign a true center(Gortat/Okafor/Kamen), or a spacing center(Hawes). and hopefully some good role guys like Steve Blake, Raman Scessions, Jordan Hill, Kris Humphries.

vCash

If the Big 3 opt out

Seriously. U think that Wade will take a 6-7 mill. I don't know about that partner.
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king james View Post
    Seriously. U think that Wade will take a 6-7 mill. I don't know about that partner.
    Wade probably has to take home town discount at $10M per. Duncan already did that. Dirk probably gonna as well.

vCash
    Wade taking that little just ain't gonna happen. He's already GUARANTEED $42M over the next two years. No way he gives up that much guaranteed money. Now after that he would probably be willing to take $10M/yr. So to help the team I could see him opting out and taking $82M at basically $13.7M a yr for 6 yrs which is essentially the same thing ($21+$21+$10+$10+$10+$10) just structured differently to help. Maybe shave off a million or two because he now gets 6 years guaranteed today and doesn't have to worry about injury anymore as it would pretty much be his last contract.

vCash
    Being a lebron fan from akron. I hope they all stick it out another year for a 4 peat. Then decide on futures

Representing that 330!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeh89 View Post
    I dont think LeBron cares about being the highest paid player in the league (like Kobe). He wants his legacy to be that of Jordan and Kobe which is championships. He'll take 20Mil a year. I dont think Bosh takes a huge paycut, but he will take slightly less, id assume in the 17-18mil/yr range. Wade will be the one taking the paycut. Wade is still the heart of this team and he just wants to win. I think he'll go for a longer deal worth 6-7mil/yr. this will free up enough space for the heat to sign a true center(Gortat/Okafor/Kamen), or a spacing center(Hawes). and hopefully some good role guys like Steve Blake, Raman Scessions, Jordan Hill, Kris Humphries.
    What...?

Wade will get over 15mil a year, unless Melo wants to join the team, then I can see all of them taking like 12.5mil a year.

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash

If the Big 3 opt out

^ This
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Lebron is gone folks its just too perfect a story for him to return to his hometown. Wade is Miami Heat and will be back next year and for how many ever years after that he feels like playing. Personally I think Bosh needs his own team to lead and both he and the Heat would be better off parting ways if Lebron leaves. Best case scenario Miami gets a guy like Waiters or some other combo of lesser players in a sign and trade with Lebron and the Cavs.

vCash

If the Big 3 opt out

What r u talking about?
    [/CENTER]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Lebron is gone folks its just too perfect a story for him to return to his hometown. Wade is Miami Heat and will be back next year and for how many ever years after that he feels like playing. Personally I think Bosh needs his own team to lead and both he and the Heat would be better off parting ways if Lebron leaves. Best case scenario Miami gets a guy like Waiters or some other combo of lesser players in a sign and trade with Lebron and the Cavs.
    Get off the crack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast