Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you think the favorite is for our #2? (X WR)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • David Nelson

4 20.00%
  • Stephen Hill

5 25.00%
  • Jalen Sauders

3 15.00%
  • Shaq Evans

6 30.00%
  • Quincy Enunwa

2 10.00%
  • Other (Specify)

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Battle for the Split End, X, WR. WR POSITION BATTLE, POLL.

Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post

But quite honestly, it is going to be a battle of the ages for the X with Nelson, Hill, Evans, Saunders, Enunwa.
    Realistik brought up a pretty good point here. We know Eric Decker is going to be our featured WR, but the question is, who is going to our X guy?

David Nelson has been primarily used as a slot WR, but he did line up on the outside a couple of times last year. We know he is good enough to be used there.

Stephen Hill has struggled the last 2 years, besides battling injuries he has been very inconsistent.

Shaq Evans was one of the WR's we took in the 4th round. He's a little raw, but if you watch some tape the ability is there. He's got good size.

Jalen Saunders, the first WR we took in the 4th rounds seems like another special teams / slot guy to me.

Quincy Enunwa was the 3rd and final WR we took in the draft. He is another raw spec, but if you watch tape he has a knack for catching the ball in the end zone.

With all of this being said, the fight for the X spot is going to be one of the most important position battles to pay attention to as Jet fans come training camp. We've got 3 rookies, and a couple of incumbents from last year.

I'll tell you what though, this is going to be great to watch. Hopefully our coaching job does there job evaluating and puts the best guy out there. Now, discuss. Who would you guys like to see win the #2 job, or for a more technical foot ball term the X WR.

vCash
    Stephen Hill is going to win. He still has the tools to be the best out of all the guys in the competition. You look at Demayrius Thomas, another GT guy, who didn't do anything his first two seasons. If Hill stays healthy, it will be his job to lose. We forget how young Hill is. He's younger than guys like Kelvin Benjamin and our own Shaq Evans, who were drafted this year.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Stephen Hill drives me nuts though. The inconsistency bothers me more then the injuries.

The guy showed up to play vs Buffalo, and then was no where to be found for the remainder of the season.

Of course he has speed, but his other tools are lacking. He's a poor route runner and I think he is only capable of being a fly route guy until he proves me otherwise. I'm gonna go with Evans because -

A. I feel like he can be a better route runner then Stephen Hill.
    B. He's not as raw as what Stephen Hill was coming out of college. Shaq Evans recorded 60 catches in 2012, and 47 in 2013.

And if it is Stephens job to lose, you can count on him losing it. He has awful hands and cannot create separation and that is a sin with his speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    Stephen Hill drives me nuts though. The inconsistency bothers me more then the injuries.

The guy showed up to play vs Buffalo, and then was no where to be found for the remainder of the season.

Of course he has speed, but his other tools are lacking. He's a poor route runner and I think he is only capable of being a fly route guy until he proves me otherwise. I'm gonna go with Evans because -

A. I feel like he can be a better route runner then Stephen Hill.
    B. He's not as raw as what Stephen Hill was coming out of college. Shaq Evans recorded 60 catches in 2012, and 47 in 2013.

And if it is Stephens job to lose, you can count on him losing it. He has awful hands and cannot create separation and that is a sin with his speed.
    If Hill worked on technique in the off-season then it's a no contest. Hill's upside is still tremendous. Plus, Hill has shown the ability to get open downfield in the NFL. Watch some of the tape from last year and numerous times Geno missed him. Hill CAN get separation down the field.

If Hill is the same last year then, yeah, he will probably get beat out but we don't know if he has actually progressed or not. I think he will improve. He was a project coming out and he played in an extreme running offense in college. Everyone knew it was going to take some time.

Evans still has poor catching technique and didn't put up the numbers expected while playing alongside a really good QB in Hundley.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    If Hill worked on technique in the off-season then it's a no contest. Hill's upside is still tremendous. Plus, Hill has shown the ability to get open downfield in the NFL. Watch some of the tape from last year and numerous times Geno missed him. Hill CAN get separation down the field.

If Hill is the same last year then, yeah, he will probably get beat out but we don't know if he has actually progressed or not. I think he will improve. He was a project coming out and he played in an extreme running offense in college. Everyone knew it was going to take some time.

Evans still has poor catching technique and didn't put up the numbers expected while playing alongside a really good QB in Hundley.
    You caught me there. Geno missed a lot of open targets last year... Besides just Hill.

vCash
    You caught me here. Geno missed a lot of open targets last year... Besides just Hill.
    I think I'm more bullish on Hill than most here.

The entire offense is pretty much predicated on how much Geno improves (or how well Vick plays if he is the QB).
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    I'm a Stephen Hill apologist and think we have to force the ball to him more. I expect him to improve. This is his boom or bust season. Don't make it here and he will be replaced for sure. He realizes that.

vCash
    I went with Stephen Hill too. He's got the upside, he is younger, he has been hampered by I jury, and he was a second round draft pick, which means in a perfect world the Jets would want him to win the job. I think he has the advantage because if the competition is a "tie" so to speak, Hill will be given the job.

Remember they stuck with Ducasse longer than Hill, and he didn't even come close to showing the on the field flashes of potential that Hill has...

Wide Load Beast Of The Green & White Northeast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CannibalPanda View Post
    I went with Stephen Hill too. He's got the upside, he is younger, he has been hampered by I jury, and he was a second round draft pick, which means in a perfect world the Jets would want him to win the job. I think he has the advantage because if the competition is a "tie" so to speak, Hill will be given the job.

Remember they stuck with Ducasse longer than Hill, and he didn't even come close to showing the on the field flashes of potential that Hill has...
    I wish i could go with Stephen Hill, but I really can't. He doesn't know how to catch the ball at all really, but most importantly, he doesn't know how to catch the ball above his head. I think that trait is ingrained in him and he'll never break out of it. Hate to say it, but I see him getting cut

If one of the rookies can pull it out (probably between Evans and Saunders), then give it to Nelson. He's reliable.

vCash
    Well MM likes to move guys around all over the formation but ideally you want Hill to take that next step in his development. He has the ideal size and speed combo but unfortunately, though I still hold out a smidgen of hope for him, I doubt he'll ever realize his potential.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Realistik brought up a pretty good point here. We know Eric Decker is going to be our featured WR, but the question is, who is going to our X guy?

David Nelson has been primarily used as a slot WR, but he did line up on the outside a couple of times last year. We know he is good enough to be used there.

Stephen Hill has struggled the last 2 years, besides battling injuries he has been very inconsistent.

Shaq Evans was one of the WR's we took in the 4th round. He's a little raw, but if you watch some tape the ability is there. He's got good size.

Jalen Saunders, the first WR we took in the 4th rounds seems like another special teams / slot guy to me.

Quincy Enunwa was the 3rd and final WR we took in the draft. He is another raw spec, but if you watch tape he has a knack for catching the ball in the end zone.

With all of this being said, the fight for the X spot is going to be one of the most important position battles to pay attention to as Jet fans come training camp. We've got 3 rookies, and a couple of incumbents from last year.

I'll tell you what though, this is going to be great to watch. Hopefully our coaching job does there job evaluating and puts the best guy out there. Now, discuss. Who would you guys like to see win the #2 job, or for a more technical foot ball term the X WR.
    David Nelson has NEVER lined up in the Slot as a Jets WR.
    He's ONLY been used as a wideout.

He has played Slot WR with other teams in the past.

Unless the Jets spot a WR that gets released during TC, I'd think DNelson would be the WR to start the year.

Also, EDecker will be the "X" WR.
    Competition will be for "Y" and "Z" WRs.

vCash
    Stephen Hill is going to win. He still has the tools to be the best out of all the guys in the competition. You look at Demayrius Thomas, another GT guy, who didn't do anything his first two seasons. If Hill stays healthy, it will be his job to lose. We forget how young Hill is. He's younger than guys like Kelvin Benjamin and our own Shaq Evans, who were drafted this year.
    I have yet to see one catch, a single one, numero uno, during his time in the NFL, where he doesnt body catch it. To have a chance, he is going to have to show that he worked on his hands and is comfortable extending his arms from his body for the catch. Being that he is the incumbent, it may work against him if he doesnt show marked improvement.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    I have yet to see one catch, a single one, numero uno, during his time in the NFL, where he doesnt body catch it. To have a chance, he is going to have to show that he worked on his hands and is comfortable extending his arms from his body for the catch. Being that he is the incumbent, it may work against him if he doesnt show marked improvement.
    You're exaggerating bro. I've seen 1 off the top of my head. This past season against the Pats. Geno threw thr ball extremely low and Hill caught it with nothing but his finger tips. So there's 1. But I agree I think it's a long shot that Hill becomes the guy we've been hoping for.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYflightboy View Post
    You're exaggerating bro. I've seen 1 off the top of my head. This past season against the Pats. Geno threw thr ball extremely low and Hill caught it with nothing but his finger tips. So there's 1. But I agree I think it's a long shot that Hill becomes the guy we've been hoping for.
    I didnt see that one . I do however remember the one that hit him in the chest then bounced out and hit the ground to seal the loss at 13-10 in the rain. It reminded me a lot of the one the year before where we wouldve been able to kick the field goal for the tie, but that too hit his chest then the ground. I am bitter.

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    I really hope you're right and I agree to an extent but Tim Tebow was also the QB for DT. I think that has a lot to do with his production in 2011... still it was much more than Hill's.

Now we have a QB who sucks too, but he isn't Tebow bad... I am hoping at least.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast