Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dolphins DB Don Jones fined for Michael Sam comments

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...on-michael-sam

Fined and forced to go to classes for saying "OMG" and "Horrible" after Michael Sam got drafted. He deleted the tweets so I'm not sure if those comments came after the cake debacle or not. If he was saying it with regards to Sam being drafted, he deserved to be fine. If he said it in response to the whole cake scene, then that is a complete joke.

vCash
    As an nfl player any time you make public comments you are representing the company you work for.

If the company feels you do not represent their view when making public comments, they have every right to punish you.

I take that you fall under one of two categories:

1. Your not that successful and do not understand this concept

2. You're a child

Lastly the first amendment really only applies to legal ramifications.

You seem to have more of a problem then he oes with it:
    "I want to apologize to Michael Sam for the inappropriate comments that I made last night on social media," Jones said. "I take full responsibility for them and I regret that these tweets took away from his draft moment"
    Last edited by raiderfaninTX; 05-12-2014 at 10:15 AM.

vCash
    Complete ignorance. I don't agree with homosexuality but I have learned to accept it in our society as a whole. I do wonder if the whole kiss thing was part of a staged act though. Regardless it will be tough for Sam but I doubt he makes it on the roster.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    As an nfl player any time you make public comments you are representing the company you work for.

If the company feels you do not represent their view when making public comments, they have every right to punish you.

I take that you fall under one of two categories:

1. Your not that successful and do not understand this concept

2. You're a child

Lastly the first amendment really only applies to legal ramifications.

You seem to have more of a problem then he oes with it:
    "I want to apologize to Michael Sam for the inappropriate comments that I made last night on social media," Jones said. "I take full responsibility for them and I regret that these tweets took away from his draft moment"
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow.

I make a post saying a guy shouldn't be fined for voicing his opinion and you tell me that I am unsuccessful and/or a child? That's a joke dude. Apparently nobody can express their opinion anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Complete ignorance. I don't agree with homosexuality but I have learned to accept it in our society as a whole. I do wonder if the whole kiss thing was part of a staged act though. Regardless it will be tough for Sam but I doubt he makes it on the roster.
    I don't even care one way or another. I actually hate when people bash gays and was extremely happy when states started passing laws allowing same sex couples to be able to marry.

The thing is, it's not like he went on a rant like the SF player a few years back where he said, "I never want to play with a gay player and nobody would like him in this locker room." All he said was OMG (which was the reaction of many) and "horrible" and there was no context to the tweets.

The problem many had wasn't the kiss and I wish people would stop acting like that was the problem people have. He just got freaking drafted. He deserved to celebrate however he wanted to. ESPN made it a huge spectacle and started making it into "Ok well who was he better than and did people pass on him just because he is gay?" They kept going back to the house and showing him for 10 minutes. At a certain point, it was just getting ridiculous because ESPN was trying to make and push their agenda. I had more of a problem with the media coverage than anything else.

vCash
    99% of NFL players are not "ok" with Micheal Sam being Gay. Doesn't make it right to say insensitive things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    I don't even care one way or another. I actually hate when people bash gays and was extremely happy when states started passing laws allowing same sex couples to be able to marry.

The thing is, it's not like he went on a rant like the SF player a few years back where he said, "I never want to play with a gay player and nobody would like him in this locker room." All he said was OMG (which was the reaction of many) and "horrible" and there was no context to the tweets.

The problem many had wasn't the kiss and I wish people would stop acting like that was the problem people have. He just got freaking drafted. He deserved to celebrate however he wanted to. ESPN made it a huge spectacle and started making it into "Ok well who was he better than and did people pass on him just because he is gay?" They kept going back to the house and showing him for 10 minutes. At a certain point, it was just getting ridiculous because ESPN was trying to make and push their agenda. I had more of a problem with the media coverage than anything else.
    You can't put all the blame on ESPN he let them show it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Moroni View Post
    99% of NFL players are not "ok" with Micheal Sam being Gay. Doesn't make it right to say insensitive things.
    The thing was, he only said two words. It's not like he went on a huge rant about how anti-gay he was. I understand that you are held to a different standard, but suspending Jones for that seems a bit excessive. I can understand a small fine and some sensitivity classes, but excusing him from team activities? People do FAR worse in the NFL and are not excused from team activities.

vCash
    He shouldn't have gotten in trouble. He didn't say anything bad or derogatory. If he called him a name or just a lot of hate, then maybe. But unless I missed something, it looks like he did nothing wrong and the team blew it way out of proportion

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    The thing was, he only said two words. It's not like he went on a huge rant about how anti-gay he was. I understand that you are held to a different standard, but suspending Jones for that seems a bit excessive. I can understand a small fine and some sensitivity classes, but excusing him from team activities? People do FAR worse in the NFL and are not excused from team activities.
    Even that is to much. He didn't say anything hateful or even in context. Should have fought it instead of apologizing for nothing.

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGodsArmor7 View Post
    Even that is to much. He didn't say anything hateful or even in context. Should have fought it instead of apologizing for nothing.
    Yeah I mean I could understand the fine if it wasn't too much, because that wouldn't be a big deal. Sensitivity classes I could understand because that is not a big deal. But the suspension from team activities is a huge deal. Guys get DUI's and don't get suspended from team activities. This guy says "Horrible" and "OMG" and gets suspended for it.

I'm pretty sure Marcel Dareus has not been suspended from team activities yet and he was arrested for selling drugs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderGodsArmor7 View Post
    Maybe that on its own is an admission of guilt and intent. HE knew the context and deleted and apologized as such.
    Jerry West or Larry Bird? The discussion is over.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../birdje01.html

Part of the GOAT team: Chamberlain, Bird, Duncan, Durrant, Ewing, Gervin.
    http://bkref.com/tiny/JIHaF

vCash
    this is ridiculous. this stuff is getting out of hand. whatever happend to freedom of speech?

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    this is ridiculous. this stuff is getting out of hand. whatever happend to freedom of speech?
    This has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    Please explain where his are violated? Is the government prosecuting him for some crime based on what he said? Or do you not understand what is guaranteed under freedom of speech?

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast