Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Grading the Draft...2011 Class

We all have heard draft grades for current draft classes are worthless and you have to wait three years to give it a fair shake. So here's the 2011 class, what's your grade? I'm going with a B

1 Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State

2 Randall Cobb WR Kentucky

3 Alex Green RB Hawaii

4 Davon House CB New Mexico State

5 D.J. Williams TE Arkansas

6 Caleb Schlauderaff OG Utah

6 D.J. Smith Appalachian State

6 Rick Elmore DE Arizona

7 Ryan Taylor TE North Carolina

7 Lawrence Guy DT Arizona State

Who is the deadliest warrior?

vCash
    I'd go with C.... sure the Cobb pick is one of the best TT has made but the rest of the picks in this draft SUCKED... if it weren't for Cobb this draft would be a FAILURE

vCash
    I'd give it a D. Sherrod has done next to nothing, House has been not much of anything, and most of the rest of them aren't even on the roster or have not done anything. Cobb saves the draft from being a big fat F.

vCash
    C if sherrod does something this year it'll go up

vCash
    Wow that's a pretty bad draft if it wasn't for Cobb.

vCash
    1 Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi State (F) Just being honest because he has not played.. If he does play I see maybe a C grade at the very tops....

2 Randall Cobb WR Kentucky (A)

3 Alex Green RB Hawaii (F)

4 Davon House CB New Mexico State (C+)

5 D.J. Williams TE Arkansas (D-)

6 Caleb Schlauderaff OG Utah who cares..

6 D.J. Smith Appalachian State N/A

6 Rick Elmore DE Arizona Who cares

7 Ryan Taylor TE North Carolina (C)

7 Lawrence Guy DT Arizona State Who Cares.

vCash
    Really hard for me to give the Sherrod grade an F personally. For me, I guess I can't really fairly grade that pick. His injury wasn't something that could have been predicted in any sort of medical eval. So there was really no way of predicting it would happen or any way of preventing it from happening. You can't fault a pick on either the player or the drafter when there's such a horrific injury involved.

Maybe the verdict is still out on him, but even if he comes back and stinks, is it fair to assume that he would have sucked regardless of the injury? I'm not sure that it is the case either.

I suppose if you have to put a grade on it, I'd have to say a C or something, but when I try to grade these things, I try to take into account the current situation at the time. It did look like we needed an OT, one fell to us. That guy suffered a horrible injury that took 2+ years to heal completely (if it really even is completely healed) and never lived up to his potential because of that. Looking back, if you could guarantee Sherrod's health and knew the type of players that the next couple picks could become, I'm not sure you don't do it again. (Realistically you probably take one of the next qbs off the board and use them as trade bait, or you take Rudolph at TE, even though you have Finley.) So that's why I can't really fault him for the pick.

vCash
    D, if Sherrod plays a significant role, it might move up to a low C
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    1 Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi (incomplete)

4 Davon House CB New Mexico State (C)

5 D.J. Williams TE Arkansas (D)

6 Caleb Schlauderaff OG Utah (traded)

6 D.J. Smith Appalachian State (C+)

6 Rick Elmore DE Arizona (F)

7 Ryan Taylor TE North Carolina (B)

7 Lawrence Guy DT Arizona State (C-)
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    I love Randall Cobb as much as the next person, but how does he grade an A?
    As a wr he hasn't had a 1000 yard season yet and he was hit big by the injury bug last season. Do I think he has the potential to be an A? Definitely. But right now he's just a really dynamic wr that hasn't fully put it together YET. If he's an A, what would that make guys like jj watt and Richard Sherman?
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

vCash
    They're also As...getting a legit game changer in the late second round is an A in my mind. He's done a lot on special teams, and he's a top ten slot receiver already, with room to still get better. Also...with our deep wr corps, it's better to not get enamored with stats as they can be deceptive.
    the packers have so much talent...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    1 Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi (incomplete)

4 Davon House CB New Mexico State (C)

5 D.J. Williams TE Arkansas (D)

6 Caleb Schlauderaff OG Utah (traded)

6 D.J. Smith Appalachian State (C+)

6 Rick Elmore DE Arizona (F)

7 Ryan Taylor TE North Carolina (B)

7 Lawrence Guy DT Arizona State (C-)
    I would tend to agree. My only change is I'm not even sure how I would grade a guy like Elmore. It probably is an F, but realistically, do you expect 6th rounders to make the team or make any impact? Probably not. The fact that House is on the team and may play a decent role as a 4th rounder is probably a little more than a C in my books, but probably not much to really gripe about.

Also, I wouldn't consider Cobb "hit by the injury bug." Maybe its just semantics, but to me, injury bug means someone like Clay who tends to have consistent, nagging muscle pull/strain types of injuries. Have a guy dive helmet first into your knee and breaking your leg isn't a consistent nagging type injury. That can happen to the most durable player in the world or the most injury prone. Absolutely nothing you can do about that type of injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    As a wr he hasn't had a 1000 yard season yet and he was hit big by the injury bug last season. Do I think he has the potential to be an A? Definitely. But right now he's just a really dynamic wr that hasn't fully put it together YET. If he's an A, what would that make guys like jj watt and Richard Sherman?
    This is so freaking overrated. Harvin doesn't either but every time he's in the game or you are about to face him, you fear him. Sometimes a players impact goes beyond the box score. There's also hidden yardage in the return game.

Cobb is in the conversation for the best slot player in the league. He's only missed real time once. He's just getting into his prime. Here's the about 30 guys drafted around him.

http://i.gyazo.com/747016777abac388464dfab1f5462f14.png

How many were better picks? 2? 3? Torrey, Houston, Murray?

With a little perspective, you start to see it a bit better. There's a huge difference between most people's expectation of what a 2nd should be (almost a 3rd rounder BTW) and what they really are. That's one of the issues on grades, FWIW, that was a pretty awful draft for Ted, all that can save it is Sherrod really, to make it somewhat decent.

Now that I think about it, I was pretty optimistic with my C grade. It's closer to a D+ right now.

We did pick 32nd though.....which doesn't do ya favors I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Yea, with the exception of Cobb, this draft was brutal. Not a single starter anywhere, a couple guys who didnt make the team, another couple guys cut after a year or 2. If it wasn't for Cobb, this would be TT's worst draft as a GM (it actually might still be his worst, even with Cobb,lol).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    They're also As...getting a legit game changer in the late second round is an A in my mind. He's done a lot on special teams, and he's a top ten slot receiver already, with room to still get better. Also...with our deep wr corps, it's better to not get enamored with stats as they can be deceptive.
    Can you really use HUGE outliers like Sherman as your examples for an A? That's where I get confused.

Okay, Brady and Sherman were A's. So there's like 1 A every 2-4 years lol. C'mon.

That's a big gripe I have these days, arguing the definition of things. Like when someone says "is so and so elite" then it's just 30 people arguing what they think elite means. Who cares. Put them in a tier, if you call that tier elite, okay, my elite tier might be different but you'll see my grouping and there's that.

I'd put Cobb at 64 up with the top 15-20 picks in most drafts. That's an A to me. 10% or so of the draft getting A's. What's the big deal?

Make Watt and Sherman A+++++ then lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast