Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

I'm still not crazy about F/A moves, but I LOVE the draft picks!

Sometimes you have to go through adversity, to become better. I think that is truly the case with REGGIE. I THINK if he had to do it over he would have handle JV,LM and Saffold situation differently. I'm not crazy about the old vets but I understand why he signed them. Regarding the draft, I must admit. THIS IS THE BEST DRAFT I have seen the Raiders have, at least on paper anyway. RM picked almost every player I wanted( not that he consulted me lol). He didn't get cute, no Kristo Bilikiti! He stayed true to his board! I think and hope Reggie turned the corner.

I still have my doubts about Allen. He still doesn't appear to be head coaching material at least to me. Hopefully he can prove me wrong. We still have a tough schedule ahead so his work is cut out for him. I like coaches with a little more swagger. Not the Mike McCarthy type. With that said, if things don't pan out this year I hope RM stays and DA is replaced but hey maybe DA can turn it around also

Great job RM!

Btw I'm more excited about Carr than all our picks!

vCash
    It's a good draft on paper.

We have to wait and see if these players can develop.

We also have to wait and see if the players from the '13 draft can develop / contribute, as well - for the '14 team to succeed, Hayden, Watson, Murray and Moore will need to step up and play at a higher level next year.

There's reasons for optimism with this draft, but we'll have to wait to see if these players work out.

vCash
    I am not thrilled with free agents either, but love the fact we will have tons of cap space again next year...maybe RM didnt love the younger free agents that were available in off season. Draft B+, reason it's not an A is because he didnt add an offensive weapon that can help immediately.

vCash
    Heard through the grape vine that Dereks older brother David Carr's supposed to be signing with the Raiders today. Does any one know if theres any truth to it?
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    How can you not be thrilled with the FA we signed? Yes, they are not young guys that we signed LTC but Tuck, Woodley, Penn along with Woodson will mentor/develop the draft picks into better players.
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...raiders-19.gif-"Any time he comes to my area or Georges area to catch a ball his goin to get hit and his goin to get hit hard because his done alot of mouthing off personal i think his more interested in being an annoucer then a football player" - Jack Tatum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    It's a good draft on paper.

We have to wait and see if these players can develop.

We also have to wait and see if the players from the '13 draft can develop / contribute, as well - for the '14 team to succeed, Hayden, Watson, Murray and Moore will need to step up and play at a higher level next year.

There's reasons for optimism with this draft, but we'll have to wait to see if these players work out.
    I agree! I'm hoping Hayden and Watson can develop. And it would be a HUGE plus if Criner and Butler can come on. Also we need Holmes and Streeter to make leaps this year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets4Life View Post
    How can you not be thrilled with the FA we signed? Yes, they are not young guys that we signed LTC but Tuck, Woodley, Penn along with Woodson will mentor/develop the draft picks into better players.
    1. Because Tuck has had injuries the last couple of years and most of his sacks came in a couple of games last year

2 Woodley hasn't had double digit sacks since 2011. Also he has had injuries and play has slipped the last couple of years.

3. Donald Penn has weight issues and struggles with speed rushers

All of them are 30 and over or close to it.

That's why I'm not that excited about them. That being said RM did a great job with the draft

vCash
    I loved free agency but I loved the draft even more. You take these vets and mix them with the younger players and you are looking at possibly the most formidable Raiders team we have had in over a decade.

Yes, even better than the Raiders from 09'-10' and 10'-11' that went 8-8.

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    Hank...yup boomhower...yup bill...yup dale...yup
    If loving the raiders is wrong then I dont wanna be right!!!!!
    Prosportsdaily where we fight and cheer for the same team
    At the same time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockets4Life View Post
    You just said why....they aren't young guys. With 60+ million had opportunity to sign young and veteran players. I don't want to sound unpleased, I am very happy with offseason and draft completely, but im not gonna say its a perfect offseason all of the sudden.

vCash
    Mack was a GREAT signing, Derek Carr falling to the 2nd was ideal, our biggest weakness on the Oline was addressed, but I think my favorite signing was getting Justin Ellis aka "Jelly Bean" in the 4th round. 3-4 defensive sets here we come. Dude's a monster. I've been watching videos of him and he seems funny. He hates beets. Ha! Tuck, Woodley, A.Smith and woodson bring an important pedigree to the team. I like stance and direction the Raiders have gone this season. I like DA too. We cannot continue with the coaching carousel. Give him a chance to rebuild this team with talent and follow his vision. DA could surprised many this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjunior559 View Post
    Heard through the grape vine that Dereks older brother David Carr's supposed to be signing with the Raiders today. Does any one know if theres any truth to it?
    There was a rumor that David wanted to sign with the team that signed Derek to help mentor him and be a backup. I have heard nothing indicating the Raiders are going to sign him and I do not think that it is a good idea. Let the kid make his own future, he's had to live in David's shadow, now it is his turn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by curtcocaine View Post
    Hank...yup boomhower...yup bill...yup dale...yup
    Yup......... *Dave Hester* yeppppppppppp
    “You don’t adjust. You just dominate.”
    -Al Davis
    Reggie Please draft Aaron Donald.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laek View Post
    Yup......... *Dave Hester* yeppppppppppp
    Lol
    If loving the raiders is wrong then I dont wanna be right!!!!!
    Prosportsdaily where we fight and cheer for the same team
    At the same time

vCash
    I dont get the saying Reggie didnt like the younger guys, Or only signed older guys. What young guys were available other then Joseph from the Giants. Other then him being young their was no reason to pay him elite money that the Vikings did. Other then losing JV and Houston, which yes hurt and looked bad, their production to this point was replaceable. We brought in guys to play and play at a high level with experience and now we have backed those positions with talent that can learn from the vets. Other then the Carr pick im excited, even the late rounds are solid picks even though some carry character flaws, at that point its worth the chance
    Last edited by sicknick12; 05-12-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast