Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Is Grigson a good GM?

Interested to hear NFL forum's opinion on the Colts GM? We've had endless discussions about him in the Colts forum and it's kind of an endless circle, so I want to hear an outsider point of view.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I dunno. I liked his 2012 draft, but the past 2 years including this years draft has me unfazed.

I didn't like the Trent Richardson trade for you guys.

I like Moncrief, but he really screwed you guys by not taking a safety. I feel that the other teams in your division improved significantly via the draft.

He's been hit or miss for me... but his last 2 drafts have sucked imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I dunno. I liked his 2012 draft, but the past 2 years including this years draft has me unfazed.

I didn't like the Trent Richardson trade for you guys.

I like Moncrief, but he really screwed you guys by not taking a safety. I feel that the other teams in your division improved significantly via the draft.

He's been hit or miss for me... but his last 2 drafts have sucked imo.
    My opinion is he's been riding the coattails of his Quarterback these last 2 years and is going to continue to do so... and he didn't even draft him. Irsay did.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I don't think he is a good gm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    My opinion is he's been riding the coattails of his Quarterback these last 2 years and is going to continue to do so... and he didn't even draft him. Irsay did.
    How is Werner working out for you guys?

vCash
    He is clearly riding the coat tails of Bill polian, The andrew luck pick was a no brainer so yeah he should get no credit there.

What happens when Wayne retires, you will have a half decent wr and an avg. TE to go with your pro bowl QB.

The defense is sad, but honestly the jags and texans are making better strides towards the future than the colts. But we all know a QB can hide any teams biggest issues.

vCash
    Trading for Trent made him the worst GM in football

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    He does whatever his owner wants. So he's a yes man and those are always bad GMs.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    since when has judging draft picks after only a year or before they have ever played a game worked out?

I liked the product on the field last year, and believe that had most of our starters not been injured for long stretches or the entire season we would have been much better. We have been an 11 win team two years in a row. We are at the point where the front office needs to keep their eyes open to find upgrades to our weaknesses, but we shouldnt reach and if we have an opportunity to make our strengths stronger we should jump on it.

We had a weak interior on the o-line and couldnt make up for the injuries with what little depth we had. We bring in two guys in the draft that are high character and can play any position on the line. He also drafted Holmes and Thornton last year, who will likely be starters this year, and signed Donald Thomas (injured last year) and Godser Cherilus, both starters. Upgraded.

We had a weak WR group after Wayne and Allen went down. Those guys are healthy now and our young guys got a lot of playing time and developed together and we added a solid young prospect in the draft along with the signing of Nicks. Upgraded.

We had a weak group of LB's after our starting 4, Angerer may be addition by subtraction. We signed an experienced guy in Jackson, who has history with Chudzinski, and drafted young talent at both LB spots. One of which has measurables and talent are similar to Mathis, Whom he can learn under. Add to that the development of Josh McNary, Werner and Adongo, along with his signing of Freeman and the unexpected success of Erik Walden in our defense and we are looking at one of the deepest group of LB's in the NFL. Upgraded.

After that first solid group of safetys came off the board the talent level dropped considerably. Why should we reach for a safety when we have a GM whos expertise is finding talent where others think there is none? We may be able to find that depth in the UDFA group we brought in, or after 1st and 2nd cuts are made. Then theres always Canada, Rugby leagues and Arena Football

People get too obsessed with this guy or that guy, or college stats or maybe even their own unchangeable opinions of a guy, but these GM's work hard almost year round and have to look at the big picture. I think hes done a pretty damn good job. I like the way this team has been built. They leveled the ground, laid the foundation, set the support beams and now they are strengthening the walls, building a solid 53.
    Last edited by ombada; 05-12-2014 at 01:09 PM.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    That Trent Richardson trade really limited what they could do this year draft to improve.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    That Trent Richardson trade really limited what they could do this year draft to improve.
    This is true in a sense, we had less picks. But to say we didnt improve would be too soon and short sighted. I think the FO went with their board and took players that add depth now and could start in the future, Guys that will be there and be ready if they are needed this season. Otherwise they are picks that will develop and pay off a year or two from now.

The word around the Colts camp is that Richardson looks and feels much better this year. He has stated that in this system the game has finally started slowing down for him. They anticipate Richardson being a big part of the offense.

Either way, with Ballard, Bradshaw and Richardson on board we should have a talented backfield.

also i just had to post this http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/2/5...-jack-breckner Dudes 6'9 320 lbs
    Last edited by ombada; 05-12-2014 at 01:30 PM.

"In my eyes, life is likened to christian ideology... its molded into three parts best described by the divine comedy; inferno, purgatorio and paradiso. You can live it in self loathing and pity, obscurity and ambiguity, or with beauty and elegance. Does that make the ideology truth? no, it makes it an irrelevent metaphor." ;p

vCash
    Too early for me to judge however i do agree that he has been a tad over rated because of Andrew Luck that was a no brainer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    How is Werner working out for you guys?
    Not sure. He played sparingly and showed some moments of good pass rush but the reality is he's blocked by Erik Walden.

Yes, you read that right.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Not sure. He played sparingly and showed some moments of good pass rush but the reality is he's blocked by Erik Walden.

Yes, you read that right.
    Wasn't he considered a raw prospect? Maybe a year did wonders for him and he'll take that 2nd year jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    Wasn't he considered a raw prospect? Maybe a year did wonders for him and he'll take that 2nd year jump.
    Yeah, he's going to have to be a pretty important part of the defense because it's very unlikely Mathis gets 20 sacks again. He's raw in the sense that the team moved him to a new position. So I'm sure he's more comfortable now, but again unless Walden gets hurt we won't be seeing enough of Werner.

<3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast