Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Outfield rotation

Since TC is planning an outfield rotation. I devised one that makes sense to me, which of course means I will be beaten to a pulp now, so have at it.

Here they are, in no particular order, but can be fit in to suit the Righty/Lefty matchups

Lagares-cf/EYjr-lf/Granderson-rf
    Lagares-cf/EYjr-lf/C.Young-rf
    Lagares-cf/C.Young-lf/Granderson-rf
    C.Young-cf/EYjr-lf/Granderson-rf
    Lagares-cf/C.Young-lf/Granderson-rf/ey-2b::to spell Murphy in 1 of 10 games

this gets Eyjr in 7 of 10 games, gets Murphy a rest in 1 of 10 games
    this gets Lagaresin lineup in CF 8 of 10 games
    this gets C.Young in lineup 8 of 10 games, with 2 in CF
    this gets Granderson in lineup 8 of 10 games

Thought is: 1-If Lagares plays, he of course plays CF
    2-If Lagares sits C.Young must play center, hence leaving only 4 potential rotations, unless you consider the 5th one which has EYjr at 2nd to give Murphy an occasional blow.

vCash
    Way, way too much playing time for EY.

Lagares and Grandy play 19 out of 20 games each. CY plays 9 out of 10 games. EY plays 4 out of 20 games.

Murphy plays everyday.

vCash

Outfield rotation

Quote Originally Posted by METMANYAK View Post
    Since TC is planning an outfield rotation.
    He is? All I've read is that TC said, he needed to do a better job of getting EYJ in there for his energy. I don't think he means sny kind of formal rotation.
    Last edited by Dugmet; 05-12-2014 at 03:23 AM.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    He is? All I've read is that TC said, he needed to do a better job of getting EYJ in there for his energy. I don't think he means sny kind of formal rotation.
    Of course not, because it's not incredibly obvious, which you seem to be the master of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Way, way too much playing time for EY.

Lagares and Grandy play 19 out of 20 games each. CY plays 9 out of 10 games. EY plays 4 out of 20 games.

Murphy plays everyday.
    I am no EYjr fan, but we are 15-11 with him in the lineup, he obviously is a spark for this lethargic lineup. We are 2-8 when he is not in the lineup. I'm willing to swallow my pride to win more games if that's what he is providing. When that stops; new plan.

vCash

Outfield rotation

Of course not, because it's not incredibly obvious, which you seem to be the master of.
    So now it is obvious to you TC is not planning a rotation?
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I am no EYjr fan, but we are 15-11 with him in the lineup, he obviously is a spark for this lethargic lineup. We are 2-8 when he is not in the lineup. I'm willing to swallow my pride to win more games if that's what he is providing. When that stops; new plan.
    Very flawed logic.

vCash

Outfield rotation

There shouldn't be a rotation. EY isn't a starter

vCash
    Very flawed logic.
    Long term EYjr is a bad idea, but if watching the games, and the obvious lift it gives this team and seeing the results isn't enough to convince you that in the short term it's a good idea then you can cash you're losing ticket at the logic window.

vCash
    Long term EYjr is a bad idea, but if watching the games, and the obvious lift it gives this team and seeing the results isn't enough to convince you that in the short term it's a good idea then you can cash you're losing ticket at the logic window.
    He hates EY. I'm sure most EY haters would tell you that if the Mets had not come back yesterday, it would have been because EY should never have been in the lineup.

Unless CY and Grandy can pick up their numbers and keep them up, EY should start at least 2-3 games a week.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Very flawed logic.
    Check their WARs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yogib8 View Post
    Check their WARs
    Or just put your finger on the pulse of the team, statistical analysis is the future of this game as it is with all games. I am a professional Horse handicapper and line maker. I analyze numbers everyday. But ignoring short term gains to attempt to eke out an eventual minuscule profit is absolutely doomed to create the result that the numbers say they will. There is always a large grouping of the smartest people licking their wounds and scratching their heads when their sound reasoning was just not enough to create a positive result. Sometimes you gotta feel the pulse for signs of life.
    Last edited by METMANYAK; 05-13-2014 at 12:40 AM.

vCash
    Or just put your finger on the pulse of the team, statistical analysis is the future of this game as it is with all games. I am a professional Horse handicapper and line maker. I analyze numbers everyday. But ignoring short term gains to attempt to eke out an eventual minuscule profit is absolutely doomed to create the result that the numbers say they will. There is always a large grouping of the smartest people licking their wounds and scratching their heads when their sound reasoning was just not enough to create a positive result. Sometimes you gotta feel the pulse for signs of life.
    I once saw a mudder eat her fodder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dugmet View Post
    i once saw a mudder eat her fodder.
    lol

vCash
    Why does every hate EY so much? He has gap power, above average defense, the best speed this team has had since Reyes. If he can get more consistent at the plate, even if that's just as a .260-.270 hitter with a .340+ OBP he can be a tremendously valuable player for us. His career OBP is .326 and that's in less than 1300 AB's spread out over 5+ seasons (Give him 500 AB's in a season and he might be able to reach his those numbers.) I know he's inconsistent and might not be an every day layer, but he might be. Like you are so certain he can't play every day or 8 out of 10 days, but guess what? When he's in the lineup, we win baseball games. End of story. Who do you guys think is an every day player? Chris Young? Who hit .200 last year with an OBP of .280? Who is 31 in his 9th season in the majors and has had one season where he hit over .250 (2010, he hit .257). I like Chris Young and think he can be a valuable asset for us if he can hit .250 or better, but what's wrong with EY? No reason he can't get in there just as much as Young with the right rotation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast