Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Sixers could be shopping MCW

What does winning the NBA Rookie of the Year award get you in Philadelphia? Apparently it gets you put on the list of most outrageous trade rumors ever, but here we are less than two months away from the NBA Draft and Sixers point guard Michael Carter-Williams is the subject of trade rumors in Philly.

It’s not certain just how legitimate these rumors are or how deep down the rabbit hole they go, but the very fact that a possible trade of the Rookie of the Year is being discussed is interesting to day the least. Bob Ford of The Philadelphia Inquirer opines that if the Sixers were to indeed trade Carter-Williams, Dante Exum would be the best replacement for him.

He’d actually be the only replacement as Carter-Williams showed a lot of talent in 2013-14 and has the potential for a lot of growth. That being said, it’s hard to argue against the upside that Exum has and the superstar potential he possesses.

Why putting them both in the same backcourt isn’t a better option than trading Carter-Williams is beyond me, but if the Sixers pull off a trade like that then they’d better have some pretty good justification for it other than they liked the new, shinier toy better than the one they have.
    http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headli...ticleId=304319

vCash
    Def

I meese you Señor Rodriguez

vCash
    So this started because of one writers opinion but no real source

vCash
    I'm sure they are listening to offers because I'm sure every player is talked about in every major sport every year. You don't trade the rookie of the year when you may have 2 top 10 picks (depending on how lottery goes)
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    yea i wouldnt count on this. we are not targeting Exum unless we miss out on a few others first. this guy is making it sound like we are hoping to land exum

Your 2014 OPSL Champs!

vCash
    If they do draft Dante they would play him at the 2.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    this is why the 76ers are last place smh.

vCash
    His value is up and his numbers may be inflated.

I wouldn't necessarily trade him but he definitely shouldn't be untouchable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post

WEST:
    1.Spurs
    2.Thunder
    3.Portland
    4.Clippers
    5.Warriors
    6.Dallas
    7.Grizzlies
    8.Pheonix

vCash
    I mean, he won ROY, but has major holes in his game. That being said, with a healthy Noel, MCW, and a high lottery pick and possibly another top 10 pick, why not just see if you can mesh them together and bring in some vets in FA to start growing the team.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Bad idea. We know that MCW can play at a high level in the NBA. He's a matchup nightmare for a lot of opposing teams due to this size

vCash
    If they get blown away then why not?

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    He's a stud, but at least Philly sees the larger picture. Reason why they dealt iggy and holiday was cause they knew they weren't good enough as a number 1 or 2 option on a contender. Now they're loaded with young prospects, picks and assets. I can see them getting really good real fast in the next 2-3 years

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    I'm sure they are listening to offers because I'm sure every player is talked about in every major sport every year. You don't trade the rookie of the year when you may have 2 top 10 picks (depending on how lottery goes)
    Can you imagine if the Rockets had trade the ROY (Ralph Sampson) for a high pick if they'd already had two picks? They could have drafted Hakeem, Jordan and Barkley.

It is unconventional, but a team gets to see a player all year. They know better than anybody if he'll pan out or not. If his stock is high based on perceived potential, it could be a good idea to trade him. You'll get more for your return.

The Kings could have traded Tyreke Evans and grabbed Monroe or Paul George.

Okafor could have been traded for Chris Paul or D-Will.

Mike Miller could have been traded for Pau Gasol, Joe Johnson or Tyson Chandler.

You get a guy who just won ROY, there may be teams that would give up a high pick for him. If you are confident about a player in the draft, that could turn out very well.

Of course, it could turn out very badly as well.

MCW easily had the best rookie season this year, but he showed his game had a lot of warts. I'd listen to trades offers if I were Philly.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    If they do draft Dante they would play him at the 2.
    Do you watch basketball?
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Orlando should jump all on this nonsense if it's true.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast