Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Post Around the league

Spurs cruising to 3-0 lead over Blazers. Knicks interested in Steve Kerr. Kings sign and complete a agreement for a new arena. Nets got a win over Heat. Heat lead series 2-1.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/05/09/639...-heads-to.html

vCash
    Great for Sacramento. The NBA was more fun when they were a contender.

vCash
    Looks like Knicks close to a deal where Steve Kerr be next head coach. Stan Van Gundy might be Warriors new coach. Wish the Bucks sale would of been finalized soon. Cause if we decided to fire Drew. We would of had a few coaches to pick from. Now there getting picked over pretty fast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Looks like Knicks close to a deal where Steve Kerr be next head coach. Stan Van Gundy might be Warriors new coach. Wish the Bucks sale would of been finalized soon. Cause if we decided to fire Drew. We would of had a few coaches to pick from. Now there getting picked over pretty fast.
    Steve Kerr wouldn't have picked us over NYK and GSW. Stan Van Gundy wasn't interested in our job last offseason so I don't think he would be this offseason either. I just hope that the sale is finalized before the lottery next week. WOEful said it would be this week, so we shall see.

vCash
    I wouldn't want Stan any way.

vCash
    I know I've gone on record as saying coaching isn't as important in the nba as some people make it out to be, but I just hope our next coach (or current coach) is a good teacher of the game. We need good, smart players who understand defensive rotations and the benefits of sharing the ball. I don't really care who that is, and honestly, I don't care if that guy isn't a great Xs and Os type of guy either. I'd rather lose a couple games the next 2 or 3 season due to be outcoached in games, but actually start to develop good players, than have a guy who can get players to play hard between the lines, but sacrifices long term development for win now moves, like pigeon hole a guy like Giannis into a certain role. Almost like Ned Yost for the Brewers back in the day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I know I've gone on record as saying coaching isn't as important in the nba as some people make it out to be, but I just hope our next coach (or current coach) is a good teacher of the game. We need good, smart players who understand defensive rotations and the benefits of sharing the ball. I don't really care who that is, and honestly, I don't care if that guy isn't a great Xs and Os type of guy either. I'd rather lose a couple games the next 2 or 3 season due to be outcoached in games, but actually start to develop good players, than have a guy who can get players to play hard between the lines, but sacrifices long term development for win now moves, like pigeon hole a guy like Giannis into a certain role. Almost like Ned Yost for the Brewers back in the day.
    We need something fresh and innovative more than anything else. Picking up a retread regardless of who it is (unless its like Phil Jackson of course) is just so damn stale. Let's be a trend setter. A guy like Bob Huggins or Quin Snyder could be the ticket. Once upon a time Snyder was the best upcoming mind in the sport of basketball before his demise at Missouri. He's paid his dues since then and has had some exposure to the Spurs organization (currently assisting Budenholzer in Atlanta), so lets go get him.

vCash
    I don't know that he would come, but Hoiberg would seem to make some sense in my mind. He's basically the king of that town right now, but its a small college market. Could potentially have the same impact here. It would take a little bit, but if he can be the conductor of our improvement, whether or not he's actually a decent coach, the fans in this town would love him too, and it still has the same Midwestern, smallish market feel as Iowa State.

vCash
    Cavs fire Mike Brown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I don't know that he would come, but Hoiberg would seem to make some sense in my mind. He's basically the king of that town right now, but its a small college market. Could potentially have the same impact here. It would take a little bit, but if he can be the conductor of our improvement, whether or not he's actually a decent coach, the fans in this town would love him too, and it still has the same Midwestern, smallish market feel as Iowa State.
    Love it, but he's not going anywhere...he already said he wasn't. He's an extremely bright mind and is going to be a great head coach.

vCash
    I always take those things with a grain of salt. People are always happy where they currently are. Only idiots publicly admit to not being happy (unless they are trying to force their way out or force some kind of change). Maybe he is the type of guy that values staying near his hometown. But if the NBA comes calling with a significant raise over the $2.6 mill he's going to average over the life of his current contract, I'd bet that he takes that phone call. Not saying we're the ones to lure him with the money, but lets say someone offers $1-2 million more, that's a steep hometown discount. Especially for a guy who even if he fails in the pros, can probably come back and get just that much money to coach at the college level again.

vCash
    Stan Van Gundy signs with Pistons and gets total control. Five years and $35M.

vCash
    Steve Kerr signs with Warriors for five years and $25M.

vCash
    Derek Fisher lead candidate for Knicks coaching job.

vCash
    NBA Legion @MySportsLegion
    Follow
    Report: Stan Van Gundy will not re-sign Greg Monroe. Monroe is a restricted free agent this summer. (h/t @SeanDeveney)

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast