Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    73,954
    vCash
    1500

    Ryan Grigson: "Khaled's our center"

    Observers also felt the club should have addressed the center position. The Colts did not retain Samson Satele, and last year’s fourth-round pick, Khaled Holmes, played only 12 snaps last year.



    “We’ve done our homework (on Khaled),” said Grigson. “We’re the ones who have studied (and) watched all the film and not just 10 YouTube clips. We went into the school, had multiple scouts watch him, had our o-line coach work him out.



    “(He had) 37 starts at USC. It’s not like it’s, ‘Whatsamatta U.’ It’s a good program. Khaled’s our center. We’re going to be fine.”
    http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...7-0f0d6797a9b0

    Looks like Grigson is just handing the job to Holmes. Uninspiring and quite frankly Grigson's job should be tied to Holmes' performance.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Macon GA.
    Posts
    815
    vCash
    1500
    Actually screw Grigson on his attitude. Sounds like he is turning into an ***** just because he is making crazy decisions.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    645
    vCash
    1500
    So was the idea just to hold off on Holmes last year so we can just "unleash the beast" on the league this year? Guess who else made 37 starts at USC, Matt Leinart! Where he went to college has nothing to due with his talent in the NFL. This attitude he is giving is BS! I think we have a right to question the only center on this team, who has 0 starts protecting Luck. Is this going to be his excuse for starting Delano Howell also?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    73,954
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider28 View Post
    Actually screw Grigson on his attitude. Sounds like he is turning into an ***** just because he is making crazy decisions.
    Reminds me of Polian and his "im better than you" attitude.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Macon GA.
    Posts
    815
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    Reminds me of Polian and his "im better than you" attitude.
    Polian could not wait to bash the team last night.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,008
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants1213 View Post
    http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/...7-0f0d6797a9b0

    Looks like Grigson is just handing the job to Holmes. Uninspiring and quite frankly Grigson's job should be tied to Holmes' performance.
    What an asshat Grigson is. Just weeks ago he was telling us how there would be a competition. Now they have faith in Holmes? Why? Because Costa retired and you failed to address the position in FA or the draft, now you have faith in the guy? Pathetic.

    My biggest gripe with Grigson isn't that he's a poor evaluator of talent, (which he is) , it's that's he a lying ******* with an enormous ego who can't admit his mistakes.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Macon GA.
    Posts
    815
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    What an asshat Grigson is. Just weeks ago he was telling us how there would be a competition. Now they have faith in Holmes? Why? Because Costa retired and you failed to address the position in FA or the draft, now you have faith in the guy? Pathetic.

    My biggest gripe with Grigson isn't that he's a poor evaluator of talent, (which he is) , it's that's he a lying ******* with an enormous ego who can't admit his mistakes.
    I am nominating this for post of the year. I could not have said it any better myself.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,604
    vCash
    1500
    I think Grigson's attitude is coming from constant criticism. Yes Grigson has made some mistakes and questionable calls, but so has every GM in the league in their first couple years. If we had missed the playoffs in year 1 Grigson's questionable calls would be a lot less questionable and everyone would be fine with people not really worrying about Holmes. He had an all time draft year one that produced and now is held up to that standard now. Even Polian during his best years here was drafting only one or two productive players a draft, which wasn't acceptable at all and led to a lot of our problems, but we don't know if these guys Grigson is drafting are productive or not.

    I also said this day one about him and agree with the statement in post one...if Grigson wants these guys playing and believes in them, then his job should be tied to them. But we also shouldn't just assume that the Brad Wells of the world are absolutely correct and his guys are all terrible. While doing things like bashing picks for a pass rusher that many are comparing to Mathis, the year after bashing Grigson for not picking or signing a pass rusher.

    As far as the poster that mentioned Howell. I would have liked to get another safety for depth and/or to compete for the starting spot like Brooks...but Howell played very well when called upon last year, then he got injured. Now I think that Howell staying healthy is a gamble I don't think we should be taking in the secondary with no safety net....along with Toler's health, but at least a CB we have quality depth in Butler and Gordy. I'm just saying that many people were praising Howell last year before his injury, and as a player I like him next to Landry, so IMO the big question here is health for both.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 05-12-2014 at 10:46 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,604
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    What an asshat Grigson is. Just weeks ago he was telling us how there would be a competition. Now they have faith in Holmes? Why? Because Costa retired and you failed to address the position in FA or the draft, now you have faith in the guy? Pathetic.

    My biggest gripe with Grigson isn't that he's a poor evaluator of talent, (which he is) , it's that's he a lying ******* with an enormous ego who can't admit his mistakes.
    Funny that you still somewhat defend Polian who was the apex of that statement, but use it to bash Grigson.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,960
    vCash
    1500
    We did address center in the draft bud. Our 2nd round pick can play all 5 positions and they said his best might be center. Said it right there on the draft when we picked him lol. How you miss that


    Lucks on our side

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    67
    vCash
    1500
    I can't fault a GM for not bashing his team/players, but I do fault one who doesn't do everything possible to fix the problem and refuses to admit mistakes. Polian used to do it with his 250 lb Defensive Tackles like Keyunta Dawson and Grigs is doing it with the O-line. Signing Satele and McGlynn the first year was an attempt to fix a problem when cap space was an issue. Starting them last season was a joke. The same goes for center this year. If Holmes was so good, why wasn't he playing last season when Luck was getting crushed after a 3 step drop? What worries me most about Grigs attitude is the same thing that worried me with Polian-it's going to get the franchise player injured. I watched the Colts play a season with Manning on the sidelines, I don't want to watch a season without Luck.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    73,954
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Colts2180 View Post
    We did address center in the draft bud. Our 2nd round pick can play all 5 positions and they said his best might be center. Said it right there on the draft when we picked him lol. How you miss that
    Donald Thomas "CAN" play Center too that doesn't mean we should put him there.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,604
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnTChance View Post
    I can't fault a GM for not bashing his team/players, but I do fault one who doesn't do everything possible to fix the problem and refuses to admit mistakes. Polian used to do it with his 250 lb Defensive Tackles like Keyunta Dawson and Grigs is doing it with the O-line. Signing Satele and McGlynn the first year was an attempt to fix a problem when cap space was an issue. Starting them last season was a joke. The same goes for center this year. If Holmes was so good, why wasn't he playing last season when Luck was getting crushed after a 3 step drop? What worries me most about Grigs attitude is the same thing that worried me with Polian-it's going to get the franchise player injured. I watched the Colts play a season with Manning on the sidelines, I don't want to watch a season without Luck.
    McGlynn was very good in his time at center last year...I think the joke was more replacing him there with Satele. Satele was a pretty good run blocking guard when he was in Oakland. I'm not sure why they never tried that lineup and think not even attempting it was a big mistake by either Pagano or Grigson or whoever made the call. That is why I don't go for the "If Holmes was so good why didn't he see the field" theory....if McGlynn was clearly better and it was a consensus with just about every fan and sports writer/talk show host (which is rare) how did the team not see it?

    Same goes for Da'Rick...he was on the non active list while DHB was looking extremely bad. I don't know the reason for keeping him out of so many games when we were in desperate need of a warm body with hands a little softer than stone. So either so maybe they thought Da'Rick and Holmes didn't know enough of the playbook or something like that or they just made the wrong call there.

    At the very least we have options this year at the interior...with Mewhort, Thomas, Reitz, Thornton, Holmes, and even Austin. I also liked some things I saw from Nixon last year and wouldn't be shocked to see him get a shot inside in pre season.
    Last edited by matthollabak; 05-13-2014 at 09:16 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,960
    vCash
    1500
    The comment wasnt he can play "Some center" the comment was "his best position may be center". Big difference there.


    Lucks on our side

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Andrew Luck's world
    Posts
    73,954
    vCash
    1500
    Well they drafted him as a guard and Grigson all but confirmed that he'll be competing at guard. So kiss the center dreams good bye.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

    <3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •