Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Draft Report Card 2 of 3

To continue off the following thread
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...rd-Part-1-of-3

Time to post your grade for the draft

Here are our newest additions

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/draft-2014.html
    Last edited by Larry M; 05-10-2014 at 10:11 PM.

vCash
    A solid B+.

vCash
    I'm giving it a B...

Biggest thing is that I do think the team got better this weekend... But how much better is obviously what we need to wait and see.
    23,27,28,32,36,37,38,39,41,43,47,49,50,51,52,53,56 ,58,61,62,77,78,96,98,99,00,09

vCash
    B+

Steal: OG Dakota Dozier - The guy is a talented OL who can punish in the running game.

Reach: CB Dexter McDougle - Not worried about the talent so much but he was such an unknown in the predraft rankings. I think he's versatile enough to play both inside and outside though which should help him get on the field.

Safest Pick: TE Jace Amaro - This was basically the only pick that I saw coming. The player, the position, everything just made sense. He has the hands to be a very good pass catching TE.

Basically, I liked what we did. We got WR's, DB's, BPA TE in the 2nd, OL help and some intriguing guys for the front 7 (George and Reilly). We attacked the needs based on the board.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    I'll get back to you in three years....

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    I would have given a B+ until I saw the highlight reel of Chad Young, a UDFA and although I know not officially part of the draft, I loved him so much, I bumped my draft grade to an A.

Draft alone- B+.
    Draft with next day UDFA- A

Welcome back dinner for Leo. We are waiting patiently. Hurry the F up! These babies don't taste as good cold.

vCash
    Going A for the first time ever. Love our first few picks, got bodies with potential in the later rounds including a QB who people had high in the first round at this time last year. Like it a lot. Only picks I don't like right now are Saunders and the ILB for special teams only essentially. But beyond that I'm very excited and even Saunders I know could be very talented.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Seats View Post
    I'll get back to you in three years....
    Couldn't have said it better myself! Draft grades today are a waste of time!
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Can't really say until they get on the field but on papers, I'll give it a B because of some reaches. Three spots~ I can even let the McDougle pick slide but onto the fourth rd. Saunders was a reach at that spot. They could have gotten Moncrief or Ellington at the same spot. and the second fourth round, although Shaq Evans is serviceable, Pierre Desir could have been had at that pick. Fifth round pick, instead of the undersized ILB, would have preferred Caraun Reid dt from Princeton.
    Like the Pryor and Amaro moves and love we got a steal in Dozier And our last pick Reilly.
    After the second rounds, it seems like we got a bunch of small school, undersized speedsters. All in all, thought it was a good draft that fill needs and depth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Going A for the first time ever. Love our first few picks, got bodies with potential in the later rounds including a QB who people had high in the first round at this time last year. Like it a lot. Only picks I don't like right now are Saunders and the ILB for special teams only essentially. But beyond that I'm very excited and even Saunders I know could be very talented.
    An A? How? I could argue their entire 3rd and 4th rounds were reaches with better players on the board, they went dback in the first round for the 3rd time in 5 years on a team with no wide receivers..It's nowhere near an A, B- at best
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    An A? How? I could argue their entire 3rd and 4th rounds were reaches with better players on the board, they went dback in the first round for the 3rd time in 5 years on a team with no wide receivers..It's nowhere near an A, B- at best
    Agree to disagree obviously. TE and secondary were our biggest "needs" IMO and they both were the BPA at the time we took them. Then we continued and attacked the secondary and receivers as the draft went on. And then we took a high a quarterback with a high ceiling late as well as a potential pass rusher at OLB. To me this is exactly what I wanted out of the draft. Other than trading up for Latimer the receiver after taking Amaro, the Jets made me a happy man.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CostanzaNumba0 View Post
    Agree to disagree obviously. TE and secondary were our biggest "needs" IMO and they both were the BPA at the time we took them. Then we continued and attacked the secondary and receivers as the draft went on. And then we took a high a quarterback with a high ceiling late as well as a potential pass rusher at OLB. To me this is exactly what I wanted out of the draft. Other than trading up for Latimer the receiver after taking Amaro, the Jets made me a happy man.
    You're all right in your assessment but they did reach for those players in the 3rd -5th rd while better players were on the board. Still a good draft the
    At filled needs and depth
    Last edited by NoSleepTill; 05-11-2014 at 02:49 PM.

vCash
    Just because we selected positions of need doesn't mean the draft is an A, McDougle was like a 6th round pick and no one had ever heard of Saunders before the draft, c'mon man
    THE GOAT

Until a player reaches these PA numbers, lets not talk about how good they are.

The Following PA's are when sample size stabilizes

50 PA: Swing %
    100 PA: Contact Rate
    150 PA: Strikeout Rate, Line Drive Rate, Pitches/PA
    200 PA: Walk Rate, Groundball Rate, GB/FB
    250 PA: Flyball Rate
    300 PA: Home Run Rate, HR/FB
    500 PA: OBP, SLG, OPS, 1B Rate, Popup Rate
    550 PA: ISO

vCash
    I will say this, and like I said earlier we need to give these guys time to see what they do on the field, but I do find it a bit hard to believe that Dexter McDougle and Jalen Saunders were the highest rated guys on the NY Jets draft board.

I will say this: A lot of the Jets picks from rounds 3-7 are nowhere near locks to make the roster and yes, that includes McDougle and Saunders. That's not a good thing.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    I was just really disappointed we passed on Bruce Ellington in the 4th. He would have come in right away and made an impact.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast