Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Round 7: Pick 234 Terrence Fede DE Marist

vCash
    Workout Results
    40 Yd 20 Yd 10 Yd 225 Bench Vertical jump Broad Shuttle 3-Cone Drill
    4.76 2.72 1.62 25 - 09'11" 4.45 7.13
    Strengths Weaknesses
    STRENGTHS: Good size to serve as a situational pass rusher. Quick off the line and good speed to close on the quarterback. Good agility testing at Buffalo's pro day: 4.76-second 40-yard dash, 7.13 3-cone drill. Has displayed solid coverage skills.

WEAKNESSES: Significant level of competition concerns. Lacks bulk on his 6-3 frame and may need to transition to OLB. Needs to develop deeper array of pass-rush moves to be effective at the next level; First step good enough to beat college level of competition but NFL offensive tackles will be able to handle his first move.
    Player Overview
    Fede was named an FCS second team All-American after setting a single-season school record with 13 sacks in 2013 to earn Pioneer Football League Defensive Player of the Year honors and was also named to the 2013 Walter Camp FCS All-America Team.

Fede was one of 20 finalists for The Sports Network?s Buck Buchanan Award, ultimately finishing sixth. He becomes the first Marist student-athlete to be recognized with one of the league?s top honors.

He leaves Marist as the program's career leader with 30.5 sacks.

Fede arrived at Marist as a two-sport star (basketball) out of Nyack, N.J. After seeing action in eight games as a freshman, he sat out the 2010 season. Fede returned with avengance in 2011, earning second team All-PFL honors before really bursting onto the scene as a first team All-PFL performer with 9.0 sacks in 2012.

vCash
    Another HIGH character kid. Local kid for me who's favorite team was the Giants (hopefully he hates the Jets like the rest of Phin fans). The kid has a learning curve from FCS tot he pro's, but he has the speed, length, size, and the most important will power to make it in this league.

This kid has a strong family and great work ethic!

vCash
    In general I won't get critical of a 7th round pick. Most 7th round prospects are long shots. Hopefully he does well enough to make the development squad and show promise for season 2.

vCash
    For 4 straight years our 7th round picks have made the team. I like the guy but I see him as more of a PS player to get some more training to be a DT.

mfw the Miami Dolphins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by limebalz05 View Post
    Another HIGH character kid. Local kid for me who's favorite team was the Giants (hopefully he hates the Jets like the rest of Phin fans). The kid has a learning curve from FCS tot he pro's, but he has the speed, length, size, and the most important will power to make it in this league.

This kid has a strong family and great work ethic!
    There is a bad history behind mentioning Dolphin draft picks with their families.

vCash

Round 7: Pick 234 Terrence Fede DE Marist

Partied with this guy yesterday. It was great, first guy to be drafted out of Marist

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Fede will be a DE for us not a DT. he looks like Dion Jordan only not scrawny whatsover. Dion is extremely flexible and fast. Fede looks strong and fast. someone will steal him if we try to put him on our PS. he makes the 53. huge ceiling.

FYI Kiper said we needed a DE. I didnt see it but we got one. I had Gardner as a 7th rounder for us but man this kid looks incredible. cant imagine what he will become with actual good coaching
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    Fede will be a DE for us not a DT. he looks like Dion Jordan only not scrawny whatsover. Dion is extremely flexible and fast. Fede looks strong and fast. someone will steal him if we try to put him on our PS. he makes the 53. huge ceiling.

FYI Kiper said we needed a DE. I didnt see it but we got one. I had Gardner as a 7th rounder for us but man this kid looks incredible. cant imagine what he will become with actual good coaching
    And Wake mentoring him. Fede me more.