Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

NY Jets 7th Round Pick (#233): OLB - Trevor Reilly - Utah-SIGNED

TREVOR REILLY, OLB
    SCHOOL: UTAH | CONFERENCE: PAC12
    COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: VALLEY CENTER, CA
    HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-5 / 245 LBS.

STRENGTHS: Very solidly built frame. Good functional playing strength to beat blocks and defend the run. Very solidly built frame. Good functional playing strength to beat blocks and defend the run. Locates the ball quickly and is around it a lot. Crashes the line hard and plays with energy. Flashes shock in his punch. Fine arm-under move to come underneath blockers and work the edges. Can control and disrupt tight ends. Takes good angles. Solid tackler. Ultra-tough, mentally and physically (played through ACL injury as a junior). Extremely competitive. Very good football intelligence -- can line up a defense. Versatile -- has played every LB position and can interchange with ease. Respected tone-setter. Outstanding work ethic. Identifies with the game. Ultra-competitive.

WEAKNESSES: Average athletic ability and lateral agility. Can be stymied by power. Stiff-hipped and robotic moving in reverse. Has limitations in man coverage and can be mismatched by athletic tight ends. Wore a brace on his right knee and plant strength did not appear at full strength. Had arthroscopic surgery on the knee following the season and will require closer medical evaluation. Overaged -- will be a 26-year-old rookie. Really labored in positional workout at his pro day, not showing burst or agility.

BOTTOM LINE: A country-strong, throwback, wrangler cowboy with the toughness desired to set the edge and the motor, intensity and competitiveness to produce effort sacks. Can factor as a 3-4 rush linebacker in an odd front or match up with tight ends as a strong-side linebacker in an even front. Could contribute readily as a situational rusher and, with continued strength gains, emerge as a DE prospect. Versatility is a plus.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-10-2014 at 06:15 PM.

vCash
    First I like the pick big kid 6'5 hopefully we can use him off the edge

vCash
    4.66 40 yard.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    He's 26 btw... Old for a rookie

vCash
    Aside from the fact he is 26 years old I love this pick.

vCash
    I knew there had to be a reason he was dropping in the draft.... 26yo rook.

Good value for a 7th round pick.

vCash
    He's an older guy but I love this pick. He was once considered a 2nd day pick. He has good skill and ability and I think this was a great value pick.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Who cares what his age is. That average duration of an NFL player with a team is so short. I think this was a great pick for us.

vCash
    I love this pick. I think he could step in and contribute as a rotational pass rusher right away. He's a high effort guy and I love that. He's a steal in the 7th.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmagic87 View Post
    Who cares what his age is. That average duration of an NFL player with a team is so short. I think this was a great pick for us.
    Yeah, I agree especially considering he was a 7th round pick.

I read one of his daughters is battling cancer. I'm rooting for this guy.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    I love guys that are fast, mean and have a high effort level.
    This is a fun pick. I think we will have a few moments of "DAMN!", with him this season.
    He could end up being a huge steal/sleeper.

I love the overview. "A country-strong, throwback, wrangler cowboy with the toughness desired to set the edge and the motor, intensity and competitiveness to produce effort sacks."

His age may have prevented him from going a little higher.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 05-11-2014 at 07:35 AM.

This little piggie went wee-wee-wee all over himself.

But how? How does it wee?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown:28476409
    I love guys that are fast, mean and have a high effort level.
    This is a fun pick. I think we will have a few moments of "DAMN!", with him this season.
    He could end up being a huge steal/sleeper.

I love the overview. "A country-strong, throwback, wrangler cowboy with the toughness desired to set the edge and the motor, intensity and competitiveness to produce effort sacks."

His age may have prevented him from going a little higher.
    Yup age and injuries caused him to drop. Talent and effort wise he ranked much higher. He's certainly not your typical filler/unlikely to make the team out of training camp seventh round pick. He will have a role in this team from day one. Tremendous value here in the 7th.

vCash
    So in other words we drafted g. McIntyre again....im cool with that for a 7th

vCash
    He's also a Mormon lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast