Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NY Jets 6th Round Pick (#213): QB - Taji Boyd - Clemson-SIGNED

TAJH BOYD, QB
    SCHOOL: CLEMSON | CONFERENCE: ACC
    COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: SENIOR | HOMETOWN: HAMPTON, VA
    HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6-1 / 222 LBS.

STRENGTHS: Sets quickly. Can sling it when he’s in rhythm and has a clean pocket. Good zip short-to-intermediate. Can launch deep throws 60-plus yards and flashes touch to drop it in the bucket. Shows composure in the face of a blitz and is willing to take a hit to make a play. Makes plays with his feet, be it rolling the pocket, extending plays or throwing on the move (left or right). Slippery and elusive to escape the rush and is a threat to tuck and dash for the sticks. Good straight-line speed and run strength for a quarterback (will lower his shoulder on defenders). Team captain and three-year starter. Terrific football character. Is universally liked and will be a godsend for the P.R. staff.

WEAKNESSES: Does not look the part -- lacks ideal height and weight tends to fluctuate (nicknamed “Fat Boy” by teammates). Throws with a low elbow and sails downfield throws -- can improve his accuracy. Inconsistent decision-making. Did not take snaps under center in a pistol, read-option offense and production was inflated by NFL-caliber skill players. Will require patience adapting to pro-style passing. Needs to quicken his eyes and expand his field vision. Does not always see the overhanging safety or short-hole defender. Tends to read first and second options before fleeing the pocket. Durability could be a concern given his style -- needs to learn to slide.

BOTTOM LINE: Difficult to prepare for and difficult to block, Boyd is a short, athletic, strong-armed quarterback with Wildcat value and starter potential in a vertical-power system, though he is the type you look to replace. The success of Russell Wilson likely helps Boyd’s cause, but he is not as polished and might be better suited as a backup.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 05-10-2014 at 08:46 PM.

vCash
    Lolololol

We got ourselves a project QB

vCash
    Big arm and can run.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Kids got potential

vCash
    great, we drafted fatboy!!! Superbowl here we come!

vCash
    We knew we were getting a QB at some point, this is a good pick. Michael Sam or Antonio Richardson anyone?

Ravens traded back into the draft just now, thought it was for Michael Sam, but took Michael Campanaro, a WR the Jets had eyes on.
    Last edited by Rush520; 05-10-2014 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    we could have grabben mccarron or murray earlier and any of the no name WR we grabbed before that wouldnt have been drafted by this round now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    great, we drafted fatboy!!! Superbowl here we come!
    lololol

vCash
    I like this pick, he was suppose to be a first rounder before the season started. Lets get him some garcinia cambogia and a treadmill.

vCash
    Although I would have loved to have a Jets jersey that said Savage on the back, I've mocked him to the Jets several times and was hoping for him.

Goodbye MSimms.

vCash
    Taji? lol...

Dig the pick. He has talent.

Some Boyd Highlights:

Last edited by nyyfan4life; 05-11-2014 at 12:13 AM.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    I am hearing mixed opinions on his arm strength. I thought he had a cannon and had one of the top arms. He has more velocity than Bortles, Manziel, and Carr right?

vCash
    Can I be PSD's fatboy?
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Underrated draft pick by us... Should Geno not pan out, we can groom this kid. He's got the talent

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    Taji? lol...

Dig the pick. He has talent.
    Wow I just noticed that lmao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast