Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Round 6 Pick 204 - Panthers select Tyler Gaffney, RB, Stanford

Tyler Gaffney - RB - Stanford

College Stats

Combine Profile

vCash
    Not ever going to be a great RB, but hey, don't hate the pick in the late 6th if he's the top guy on the board. Could be Toby Gerhart-ish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Not ever going to be a great RB, but hey, don't hate the pick in the late 6th if he's the top guy on the board. Could be Toby Gerhart-ish.
    Personally I feel there was better talent on the board examples Roberson, Richardson. I feel like this is a wasted pick since at best he is the fourth running back on our roster while Roberson could compete for snaps and Richardson could compete for snaps or start. If both of them go undrafted I will be a little less upset since we will have a chance to pick them up. Regardless we didn't need a running back and I highly doubt he was BPA so I am very confused on this pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    Personally I feel there was better talent on the board examples Roberson, Richardson. I feel like this is a wasted pick since at best he is the fourth running back on our roster while Roberson could compete for snaps and Richardson could compete for snaps or start. If both of them go undrafted I will be a little less upset since we will have a chance to pick them up. Regardless we didn't need a running back and I highly doubt he was BPA so I am very confused on this pick.
    Roberson and Richardson went undrafted. Gettleman its time to make some phone calls cause there is talent available that didn't get drafted

vCash
    Is this the end of Barner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaFan87 View Post
    He was obviously the top guy on Carolina's board. They wouldn't have taken him otherwise, I can promise you that.

Problem with Roberson and Richardson is character concerns, obviously. They didn't go undrafted because of their talent. Frankly, I think taking a flier on Richardson would have been a solid move in the 6th, but I can't pitch a fit because maybe the FO thinks the Richardson will never be able to overcome them. Gaffney is the polar opposite, in that sense. And for that matter, the backfield will likely look much different in 2015, because D-Will almost surely won't be there.

Lastly, I think Gaffney and Barner can both make the roster. Get rid of Brockel. He's so replaceable anyways. Keep Gaffney as your backup FB/#4 or #5 RB/ST dynamo.

vCash
    I saw a few vids of Gaffney's blocking, and damn, I take back what I said. If he pass blocks as well as he did in college in the NFL he could unseat J-Stew as our best blocking back.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I saw a few vids of Gaffney's blocking, and damn, I take back what I said. If he pass blocks as well as he did in college in the NFL he could unseat J-Stew as our best blocking back.
    Man, Deangelo gets no credit for his pass blocking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by N.E.PanthersFan View Post
    Man, Deangelo gets no credit for his pass blocking.
    He's not noticeably bad, but have you seen Stewart in passblocking? He's got D-Will's number by a mile.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    “He had a real quality senior year at Stanford in the type of downhill run attack that we like,” Gettleman said. “Tyler’s got good skills that we like – the ability to run the ball, pick up the blitz and he’s a very tough and very smart kid.”
    http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/05/...r-already.html

I think this guy may surprise some people.