Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Sixth Round: Chicago Bears select QB David Fales

Fales:

STRENGTHS: Quick-footed in his drops with an excellent feel in the pocket to step up and maneuver while keeping his eyes downfield. smart pre-snap reads and understands exactly where he wants to go with the ball, using his above average peripheral vision.
    Good footwork and his bottom half always appears in sync with what's going on above the waist. Quick eyes and sees the field well to work through his progressions and always know where his targets are supposed to be. Balanced passer with a quick set-up and a snap delivery. Good (not great) arm strength who understands touch, knowing when to add juice to his throws and when to take some off. Poised in the pocket with a fearless attitude and accurate sense of what's going on around him. hangs tough and never gives up on plays.

Adequate build with very good toughness, bouncing up after hits. Enough mobility to scramble and won't avoid contact as a runner. Gutsy and not afraid to take chances. Terrific accuracy (72.5% completions in 2012) and gives his target a chance to make a play. Always appears calm, collected and in control of the offense. selfless personality with the preparation habits needed for the next level.

Ambitious and coachable with a strong work ethic. Confident and persistent. versatile experience under center and in pistol and shotgun formations.

WEAKNESSES: Athletic, but only average speed and can be caught from behind by defenders. Lacks elite arm strength and struggles to drive the ball on throws of 15+ yards. too many rainbows and not enough lasers, causing underthrown deep balls and allowing defenders to react and make a play on the ball.

Bad habit of throwing off-balance, causing his ball placement to waver. Overconfident and too willing to throw into coverage and take chances, especially under duress. Only average height and lacks elite size for the position. Will predetermine passes at times and lock onto targets, even when covered. Room to improve his ball security when scrambling. plays rushed at times.

Will have only two years of experience at the FBS-level.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...45/david-fales
    Last edited by Ron!n; 05-10-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Love

our future

vCash
    A

our future

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    Troll + 1

Emery did state that no starting QB came out of the 3rd round or later though, we technically are not looking for a starter. Half troll

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    Screw sabermetics.

vCash
    I have liked Fales for awhile now...Very accurate and smart. Maybe tresty can work his magic.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Troll + 1

Emery did state that no starting QB came out of the 3rd round or later though, we technically are not looking for a starter. Half troll
    Yeah, that's kind of the point here.

Fales is not going to be counted on as a starter and best case for him is being a backup in 2015.

vCash
    Ive never been a fan of mediocre arm QBs, but we definitely need a back up and he could be a potential trade asset if he's legit, and I won't complain one bit about that.

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Best case he's Kyle Orton. Most likely he's Josh McCown. I'll take that from a 6th.

vCash
    Well McCown's better than Cutler, so I'll take that too.

vCash
    He's a good tresty project for a back up. Not bad for 6th round

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    vCash
    he reminds me a bit of cutler, not in that he is anywhere as good as cutler, but in that he has pocket presence and has the ability move, run, and throw on the run. similar to jay, where as mccown was only a pocket passer. should be an easy offensive transistion if he was to be a backup for Jay.

as far as his mediocre arm, i dont really mind, mccowns arm was great, and neither was orton, who got us to a super bowl. we have jay, all this guy would have to do is hopefully manage games in case of injury.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

vCash
    McCown looked pretty good out of the pocket. He's pretty much the opposite of Cutler IMO.

vCash
    Yea he's Josh 2.0 But I think he can become better than Josh by his 3rd year in the league .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    he reminds me a bit of cutler, not in that he is anywhere as good as cutler, but in that he has pocket presence and has the ability move, run, and throw on the run. similar to jay, where as mccown was only a pocket passer. should be an easy offensive transistion if he was to be a backup for Jay.

as far as his mediocre arm, i dont really mind, mccowns arm was great, and neither was orton, who got us to a super bowl. we have jay, all this guy would have to do is hopefully manage games in case of injury.
    Errrr Kyle Orton most certainly did not get us to the superbowl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast