Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Round 5: Pick 171 Jordan Tripp OLB Montana

Jordan Tripp | OLB, Montana
    Trippīs combination of size, length and fluidity make him a versatile athlete worth considering at several positions in the front seven. Great value for the Dolphins here in the late fifth. Grade A
    CBS

Miami Dolphins: Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana: A Grade
    The Dolphins were expected to choose a linebacker much earlier than this - perhaps even as high as the first round. It's late for one, but it helps that Jordan Tripp provides great value. Tripp probably should have been off the board in the Round 3-4 range.
    Walter

Great pick, I like him. It was between Jones and him for who I liked a LB with what was left.

vCash
    Yeah, LOVE this pick! I've read that he could have been gone as early as the 2nd if he came from a big program. These small school picks are not going to be liked by a lot of fans, but it shows that we are looking in every nook and cranny for the best players (that are the best fits). Just watching his combine workout, you can see that he has all of the physical traits/abilities, and his Sr. Bowl play showed that he can live up to the level of competition. Plus they said that he could potentially move inside with his instincts. VERY good pick and tremendous value. This is how you draft Mr. Ireland!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZKnjJgcU3Q
    Thanks again Phins1983!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    CBS

Walter

Great pick, I like him. It was between Jones and him for who I liked a LB with what was left.
    Excellent pick. This may have been my favorite from the draft. Gotta love the Grizz

vCash
    Jordan Tripp - LB - Grizzlies

Montana LB Jordan Tripp has visits with the Eagles and Falcons this week.
    Some have said Tripp could play all three of the linebacker spots. The FCS talent showed up to the Senior Bowl and did not look out of place. A third-round selection is not out of the question, especially since the off-LOS linebacker spots are a bit thin this year.
    Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter
    Apr 7 - 10:35 AM

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah believes Montana LB Jordan Tripp could be an "intriguing middle round pick."
    "Spent some time studying Montana LB Jordan Tripp. He has plenty of range vs the run and he's athletic in coverage. Intriguing middle round pick," Jeremiah tweeted. Tripp showed that he could hold his own against the best talent in America at the Senior Bowl and evaluators have taken notice. The 6-foot-3, 240 pound Tripp posted a 4.67 forty; had the fourth fastest time among linebackers in the three-cone drill (6.89), and had the fastest time in the short shuttle (3.96), which is the fastest combine time since A.J. Hawk in 2006. For a small school prospect, Tripp has the ideal size for the NFL and has good closing speed to match. Tripp could have his name called in the third or fourth-round of this year's draft.
    Source: Daniel Jeremiah on Twitter
    Apr 3 - 1:52 AM

ESPN's Todd McShay called Montana LB Jordan Tripp the best "under the radar" prospect in the back seven.
    Tripp, a two-time AP FCS All-American, has taken on some helium as the process moves closer to draft day. He posted a 4.67 second official forty (fourth-best amongst LBs) at the Combine, along with 22 bench press reps, a 37.5-inch vertical, a 120-inch broad, a 6.89 3-cone and a 3.96 short shuttle (best amongst LBs). "In addition to his speed and toughness, Tripp possesses great versatility -- he can play inside linebacker, outside linebacker and will be great covering kicks in the NFL," McShay wrote. The analyst also called his Senior Bowl performance "great."

vCash
    Inspirational speaker, co captain, and third generation college football family. This kid will make the squad and recieve good playing time his rookie season! Excited about the selection!

vCash
    I have heard nothing but good things about the guy so I love the pick. Hopefully he plays well enough to push Wheeler

vCash
    I dont think he gets much playing time as a rookie but I like the potential that is there
    Take Notes Rook

vCash
    remidn me of AJ Edds was suppose to be to us

NO hunger Foul
    Highest scoring points
    regular season Champ
    2012 PSD Fantasy football Champion

No Hunger Foul
    2x Def-con1 Squad Champion(1000$ League)
    Highest scoring points
    2011 and 2012 Champion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    I dont think he gets much playing time as a rookie but I like the potential that is there
    I sure hope he does. I liked what I was reading about this guy. That's why I kept mocking him to us. Seemed to have a lot of the characteristic people liked about Borland......instincts/gamer.....but with less injury history and better size. I also read some reports that he may be able to play inside.

This Tripp pick may be the key to the draft b/c if OL was the #1 need, then LB was a close #2 need. We can't have Wheeler on the field again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnicliffderek View Post
    right there with you. The only thing that scares me is that he looks to be completely maxed out.

mfw the Miami Dolphins