Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Fourth Round: Chicago Bears select RB Ka'Deem Carey

ANALYSIS
    STRENGTHS Outstanding two-year production -- piled up 3,814 yards and 42 touchdowns on the ground from 2012-13, ranking among the nation's most prolific. Terrific compete level and determination -- runs with energy, doesn't go down easily and punctuates runs. Tries to punish tacklers and keeps his legs pumping -- grinds out yards after contact. Good feet, acceleration and lateral agility. Spins off contact. Reliable shot receiver. Gets upfield with urgency after the catch and has enough shiftiness to create. Willing to throw a shoulder blow into rushers. Can handle a heavy workload -- averaged 26 carries per game the last two seasons.
    WEAKNESSES Lacks ideal size and has a narrow, high-cut build with a lean lower body. Upright running style exposes his body to some direct hits and durability could be an issue. Does not string moves together and does not have elite breakaway speed. Average wiggle and elusiveness (cuts off his heels). Faced light boxes in a spread, zone-read offense. Had nearly 850 touches in college and body has already endured a lot of punishment. Has been removed from some team boards for off-the-field transgressions/suspensions. Must prove committed.
    DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 3-4
    BOTTOM LINE Highly productive, hard-charging slasher who runs more competitively than he does powerfully and picks up yardage in chunks. Has some first-round traits and is one of the most instinctive runners in this year's draft class, though his stock could be affected by off-the-field troubles and an average combine showing.
    Breaks the defense streak

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

vCash
    Ka'Deem Carey is a damn stud. The only reason he is available is the 40 time. I love this pick, my favorite so far.

vCash
    Like what I read. He and Forte should make a very solid tandem
    Alshon's Athletic Bloodlines Run Deep (AND CATCH EVERYTHING)

vCash
    4.7 40... Yikes.. He is a good RB though and we needed to draft one.

vCash
    As a Wildcats fan, this is honestly my favorite pick so far. Maybe a little biased, but Ka'Deem is a ****ing horse.

vCash
    Speed was never his game, but he has great cuts and vision. A lot like Forte, just a little more power and less finesse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Speed was never his game, but he has great cuts and vision. A lot like Forte, just a little more power and less finesse.
    Also has good hands from what I've read

#VoteRizzo... or else

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    4.7 40... Yikes.. He is a good RB though and we needed to draft one.
    He doesn't play like 4.66. And 40 time is a historically ****** way to judge the success of any player.

Dude has incredible vision, patience, and footwork. He could very well be one of the best picks in the whole draft.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Ive been watching this guy in the Pac12 the last couple years and this guy is a beast. I went to the Oregon/Arizona game at Autzen two years ago and the Ducks shut him down cuz Mike Scott sucked and the Ducks just stacked the box against Carey and we shut them out but last year he ran all over the Ducks and the Pac12 and I believe getting this guy in the 4th round was an absolute steal. With no for sure RBs in the draft , Carey could end up being the best one in the draft when its all said and done. He can block great for a RB, can catch the ball out of the backfield as well. Perfect for the Bears offense......

Chicago Cubs, Bears, Bulls, Oregon Ducks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    As a Wildcats fan, this is honestly my favorite pick so far. Maybe a little biased, but Ka'Deem is a ****ing horse.
    Bear down Cubby! When I was going to U of A Law I watch Ka'Deem a lot. He's an awesome back and this is a solid pick. He reminds me a bit of DeMarco Murray but he is better at running through contact. He can do it all.

From ESPN Stat and information:
    Carey had 1,738 yards after contact since the start of the 2012 season, 428 more than any other AQ player. He averaged 2.7 yards after contact per rush, about 1 yard more than the AQ average.

vCash
    Great pick Phil. Timed speed doesn't concern me cause play speed is great.

Chicago Bears Mock Offseason Champion

vCash

vCash
    40 times don't mean much for 95% of runs. All it means is that he doesn't have breakaway speed. Decision making, quickness, and power are what matter for runs under 10 yards. Like it.

vCash
    Roto's take:

Bears selected Arizona RB Ka'Deem Carey with the No. 117 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft.

The Bears finally have someone who can competently spell Matt Forte. Carey (5-foot-9 3/8, 207) was a workhorse in Rich Rodriguez's option attack, topping 300 carries in each of his final two seasons en route to 42 rushing TDs and a 5.85 YPC average. He caught 77 passes across three years, and has soft hands in the passing game. We liked Carey's slashing style and inside-run skills on tape, but he ran 4.70 at the Combine and has off-field concerns. While Carey looked like a possible NFL starter when we studied him, there are obvious red flags. He's not overwhelmingly explosive, and is on the smaller side for a feature back. All that being said, he's a potential future lead back behind a 28-year-old Forte in Marc Trestman's run-friendly offense.

vCash
    good pick

Quote Originally Posted by DreDrum#1 View Post
    This is where nba experts are find SVG's worth and the Pistons seed projection: 11th in the east. Like i said: SVG hasnt done $h!t

http://www.freep.com/videonetwork/3679829820001

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast