Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Mike Olt Trending ^^^^^

Mike Olt has been impressive this past week... Is he part of the core or do you need to see more?
    #FreeMikeOlt see how long this thread lasts!

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/5244806...40510_23642924

http://m.cubs.mlb.com/video/v3269678...40508_23473124

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/8878538...ield/?c_id=chc

http://m.mlb.com/video/v31791017/chc...40403_21247014
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! JP611 Just called me an ecstasy user!!!! WTF!!!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    He still has a lot of work to do at the plate but at least on the rare chance he gets a hit it is usually a home run. He's proven he can hit a fastball out of the ball park so I see a steady diet of breaking balls for him in the near future. If he can adjust and take the single the other way when it is presented maybe we have something in him. His defense has been impressive so far.

vCash
    Abe is so desperate for positivity he makes a whole thread trying to attract it.

Tearing down Utopia, one brick at a time.

vCash
    I can't say that he will, or won't, be the Cubs' future 3rd baseman but I hope that he is. I just want him to play every day so that we know for sure what he is. As long as he shows continuous improvement he should play 5 games per week. I like Valbuena too but we have a pretty good idea about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Unexplained View Post
    Abe is so desperate for positivity he makes a whole thread trying to attract it.
    Yes Yes Yes!!!!! Positive thoughts Moon Man!

Welcome Tyler Kolek or Brady Aiken or Carlos Rodon if not one of them say hello To Alex Jackson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    I can't say that he will, or won't, be the Cubs' future 3rd baseman but I hope that he is. I just want him to play every day so that we know for sure what he is. As long as he shows continuous improvement he should play 5 games per week. I like Valbuena too but we have a pretty good idea about him.
    This. Let Olt play every day and let him work out whether or not he is a factor moving forward. Enough with babying guys. The Cubs are a rebuilding team with abundant playing time available for guys to earn long term jobs. The front office has gutted the roster to create these opportunities. Get some guys with upside and let them play.

vCash
    Yes let Olt play and Valbuena sit. He's a true third basemen. Olt + Rizzo mikes quite a sexy infield too... my oh my .

vCash
    Hes still hitting below the mendoza line right?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Limited ABs, I'd be concerned about the average more if we were in mid July.

vCash
    He's striking out a good amount but his BABIP is still pretty damn low. I predicted earlier he could be a 210/310/420 guy this year but I don't know if he'll walk THAT much. Think once everything normalizes he becomes a 220/290/420 hitter, with some improved D is pretty good for the price.
    Thanks JO-MO

vCash
    Lefty masher.

Believe in Seth Rollins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    Lefty masher.
    Last three dingers off tough righties!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhyCantWeWin View Post
    Yeah, but so is his BABIP. It's not entirely flukey, because he seemed to be hitting a ton of weak pop-ups early on, but still.

His wOBA is tied with Evan Longoria's, ahead of other 3B like David Wright, Aramis Ramirez, Pablo Sandoval, Adrian Beltre, and fellow rookie Nick Castellanos.

vCash
    He's playing better, but even over his last 10 games he's still striking out 33% of the time and hitting under .200. It's next to impossible to play well while doing that over the course of the season. He straight up needs to put the ball in play more and strike out less. That HR/FB rate of 28% isn't going to stick.

vCash
    He's been doing better lately, but I have my doubts he will be worth caring about hitting under. 200.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast