Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today?

vCash

Today?

I searched 20 pages and I couldn't find the thread - so I made this one. I'm sure that it will only last a day or two - and then it will be finished.

Today MIGHT be the day when an NFL team drafts the first openly gay player - Michael Sam.
    If and when that happens, then the flood gates will open. In a few years, this will be a nonstory.

vCash
    It will be a story when he gets cut. And the story will be for all the wrong reasons.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    IN a perfect world this wouldnt mean anything
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

vCash
    Every time that there is a first, it means something.
    As a 7th round pick, he PROBABLY will get cut - but the floodgate has now been opened. More and more players will come out - including stars - past and present.

vCash
    Who cares? I hate this damn TMZ world we live in.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Every time that there is a first, it means something.
    As a 7th round pick, he PROBABLY will get cut - but the floodgate has now been opened. More and more players will come out - including stars - past and present.
    I said it when he came out. If, IF, he makes the team, he will have an out teammate by week one. By the end of the season, across all the major leagues, I say we have 10 out male athletes.
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I said it when he came out. If, IF, he makes the team, he will have an out teammate by week one. By the end of the season, across all the major leagues, I say we have 10 out male athletes.
    Players might wait to see how Sam is treated first. If they see that he is being treated with a decent amount of respect, they will come out.
    Heck, President Obama even tweeted on it last night.
    Which pro athletes don't want publicity?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It will be a story when he gets cut. And the story will be for all the wrong reasons.
    was saying the same thing myself. im not sure he gets drafted at all if had never came out

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 20 Yards: 353 TD: 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    was saying the same thing myself. im not sure he gets drafted at all if had never came out
    If that was his goal - it worked - but then again, no one forced the Rams to take him.
    The Rams will now go down in the NFL history books for taking the first one. No one is going to remember who takes the 2nd one.

vCash
    I'll be happy when society gets to a point when this isn't news worthy.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    that's ridiculous... he was supposed to be around a 3rd round pick when he came out... SEC defensive player of the year and an All-American, of course he was going to get drafted.

Quote Originally Posted by sep11ie View Post
    Who cares? I hate this damn TMZ world we live in.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    it is a big deal, it has nothing to do with the 'TMZ world we live in'

you guys act like no one was talking about it when Jackie Robinson first played...
    it's groundbreaking, so it's going to be talked about.
    if we as a society draw attention to things like random celebrities getting haircuts then obviously this is going to be discussed in detail as well.

vCash
    he was projected around a 4th rd pick before he bombed his combine and his pro day. he is an older prospect too at 24 already and i think he had like 9 of his 11 sacks in a 3 game span that included two weak teams. it was a chance for someone to grab some good PR by taking him where the rams did. if he makes the most of it and makes the squad good for him bcuz im tired of hearing about it and i know its gonna be even worse if/when he gets cut.

its also not a big deal in the least bit but the media loves to force it down everyones throat and tried make you a bigot if you dont support his sexuality. there was no need to show everythig they did with him when he was picked and again this morning on 2 separate shows. i dont care about his sexuality nor am i an advocate of it and i dont need to have my tv showing him kissing his boyfriend on a sports network

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 20 Yards: 353 TD: 3

vCash
    just as a place to post this....here's an issue I've had on these forums: if mods feel the need to close a thread, that's one thing (I often don't agree with the why, but that's another issue)...but to watch a thread that's quite active and suddenly close it is not conducive to continuing active discussion....far better to at least post a warning that 'if discussion continues in this direction' first, then close it if it continues that direction

this is simply a response to the other Sam thread being closed.....I now return you to your regularly planned discussion
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

vCash
    No ****ing way does a unanimous all american and sec defensive player of the hear drop if he's straight. No ****ing way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    Everyone will. The problem is that we have to mark milestones because people are unwilling to not be oppressive douchebags.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast