St. Louis Rams: Round 2, Pick #41

Lamarcus Joyner, DB

Height: 5'8"
    Weight: 184 lbs
    Arm Length: 31 1/2"
    Hand Size: 9 1/2"
    College: Florida State

STRENGTHS:
    Instinctive and anticipatory. Advanced understanding from the back end -- makes subtle, pre-snap adjustments and diagnoses plays. Steps downhill quickly. Outstanding overall production in all facets. Good competitive playing speed -- runs as fast as he needs to. Very good football-playing demeanor -- confident and opportunistic. Showed up in big games and made clutch plays (see Clemson). Times up the blitz very well and plays bigger than his size. Has contributed as a gunner and displayed good short-area burst in the return game. Exceptional work ethic and leadership traits. Respected, vocal team leader with an infectious attitude that can unite a locker room. Has been extremely durable, especially given his size and playing style.

WEAKNESSES:
    Average athlete. Tight-hipped and rounds off breaks -- not sudden. Lacks foot speed to carry receivers vertically from the slot and is seldom placed in situations where he can be distressed in downfield coverage. Lacks size and stature for press coverage. Can be out-quicked by shifty slot receivers. Marginal recovery speed and catch-up burst when he gets caught peeking. Struggles to match up with size and speed in man coverage. Makes mental mistakes too much in banjo coverage and struggles to sort out bunch sets. Does not have a body ideally built to withstand a 16-game season.

BOTTOM LINE:
    A terrific college football player and galvanizing leader for a national champion, Joyner is a tweener lacking unique physical traits for the pro game, and his dimensions leave him vulnerable to mismatches. However, he possesses special intangibles which could enable him to make his mark on special teams and compete for a sub-package role as a short-hole plugger where he can make plays on the ball in front of him. Has a make-it attitude and winning mentality that could allow him to overcome his physical limitations. Compares favorably to Panthers 2009 seventh-rounder Captain Munnerlyn.
    Last edited by kingbrentg; 05-09-2014 at 08:10 PM.

vCash
    our very own tyron matthieu?
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Dude was projected as a 4th rounder at best...

vCash
    This stinks of Isiah Pead and Brian Quick, but whatever.

vCash
    interesting pick, though it sounds like no one else would've taken him in the 2nd.

vCash
    If I were a rams fan I would not be happy with the draft so far.

And you are what your record says you are.
    Sure liked the two years before DA and RM 1 game away from playoffs.
    And some say we are better off today.

vCash
    Feel free to elaborate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    Why is that we now have the best dline in the league and a future all pro LT

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Darts View Post
    I wouldn't go THAT far...
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Never even heard of this guy. But not sure what's supposed to be wrong with the first round picks.

vCash

Round 2, Pick #41: Rams Select - DB Lamarcus Joyner

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2014/5/9/5701360/st-louis-rams-trade-up-select-lamarcus-joyner-41st-pick

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    Why is that we now have the best dline in the league and a future all pro LT
    Day 2 and the Rams apparently visited OZ in search of munchkins.. Unfortunately they found 2 and returned to St. Louis with them.. That Joyner hits like a ton of bricks for a 5'8" guy though..
    Last edited by evadatam5150; 05-10-2014 at 03:55 AM.

vCash
    This is probably the pick I didn't like the most out of our whole draft.

The guy is very talented and several have said he should have been a 1st rounder had it not been for his height. He fits well as a slot corner, hits like a freight train, and his line play is outstanding. Considering the scheme Williams likes to run, he fits perfectly in our defense.

All that said, I would have saved our 5th round pick and selected Terrence Brooks. I believe free safety was a more pressing position to fill and that 5th rounder could have been used to select one of the many slot corners that fell. Hindsight is 20/20 though, and I would like to think Fisher and Snead know what they're doing more than I.
    http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/gRAnxGFouW5bgj4RR576xA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD0zNDQ7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/Reuters/2013-04-26T015157Z_1049109136_GM1E94Q0RAB01_RTRMADP_3_NFL-DRAFT.JPG

"You have decisions to make and don't be scared to get what you want."

Les Snead