Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Josh Gordon facing season long suspension?

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon could face a season-long suspension after a second failed drug test months ago, this time for marijuana, sources told "Outside the Lines" on Friday.

Reached by phone Friday afternoon, Gordon said: "That's something you're going to have to talk to [agent] Drew Rosenhaus about. I really don't know anything about it."

Asked whether he planned an appeal of his suspension and test, Gordon said, "I'm going to have to find out about that later. You need to call Drew," before hanging up.

Rosenhaus declined to comment but said the information was "not true."

The 23-year-old Gordon was expected to the top target for Brian Hoyer or rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel this upcoming season.

Gordon, who was suspended last season without pay for two games and two additional game checks for his first violation of the league's policy, led the Browns with 87 receptions and had nine touchdowns last season. He led the NFL with 1,646 receiving yards and became the first player in NFL history with consecutive 200-yard receiving games.

Gordon said last year's suspension was the result of using cough syrup that contained codeine -- a banned substance.

Two sources told "Outside the Lines" Friday that Gordon's latest violation is the result of marijuana being found during a drug test. One source said that Gordon received a letter in early winter from a league physician stating he had failed a test. A second letter, informing Gordon that he faced a 16-game suspension but had the right to appeal, was sent in late April.

Gordon had drug-testing problems in college as well. He was dismissed from the Baylor Bears after being suspended twice for marijuana use. He transferred to Utah but didn't play there after failing another drug test.

Gordon is considered the star on an offense that added Manziel Thursday night with the 22nd selection in the first round of the draft.

Prior to the draft, Gordon pushed behind the scenes for the Browns to take Manziel.

"I think I was just a big fan of his overall game, his prowess on it," Gordon said Friday on "SVP & Russillo" on ESPN Radio, before "Outside the Lines" reported the substance abuse policy violation. "His outlook on it. His fire and ambition and will to win was greater than I think any other prospect in the draft.

"Despite all the mixed reviews and the media downsizing him, his perseverance seemed to be a lot greater than that. I saw something a lot deeper than just his talent that could take us to the next level."
    http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/..._espn_10908822

You have got to be ****ing kidding me.....

vCash
    This wouldn't just be thrown around if it weren't true. Cleveland seriously cannot have nice things...cursed
    [/B]I am a Pit Puritan.

vCash
    This is why there was a legitimate reason to trade him. Love his talent, hate his character. I'm praying somehow, someway this isn't true.

vCash
    All the ****ing talent in the world, but he is an idiot. You know you are risking your career all for smoking a joint and you can't stop. Really hope it's not true, but chances are it is.

vCash
    I think we find out tonight. If we go wide receiver at 35 then that would suggest this story has some truth and the FO is planning for Gordon being out this year.

Although the post states that the letter was sent in late April, make me think the FO would have taken Watkins at 4 if it were true. Only time will tell I guess.
    Last edited by brownsfanuk; 05-09-2014 at 06:31 PM.

vCash
    Confirming ESPN report that Josh Gordon is facing a suspension, the length of which could be up for debate. More coming.
    -Mike Garafolo

I'm told that #Browns knew about Josh Gordon possible suspension before trading out of the No. 4 spot last night, bypassing Sammy Watkins.
    -Jason Cole

vCash
    Why in the hell would he go on ESPN this morning then if he knew he was popped?

ELI WO-MANNING

vCash
    Why in the world did we trade out of the 4th pick if we knew he would be suspended?!?!?!?!?

"I don't care if they've had 20 starting QBs since 1999. I'm gonna be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." -Johnny Manziel

vCash
    NFL insider @MikeGarafolo dealing on Cleveland Browns situation on @FoxSportsradio right now. Says suspension could potentially be 6 games.
    -Peter Schrager

vCash
    If the rumor is true then Gordon just pi**ed away a bucket load of cash. If he delivered again this season we would have extended him next off season probably somewhere around the 5 year $70 million mark.

vCash
    Source tells http://Cleveland.com the #browns have known about Gordon's positive test for 2 weeks.
    -Mary Kay

vCash
    Unfortunately it is true. I have been told that after the draft, it will be announced. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. It really irritates me that this kid has it all and still defies the rules. Cut him and let's move on.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    Only in Cleveland...

For every good thing that happens, we have a handful of bad.

vCash
    He supposedly failed it in March, not April.
    Here comes the NEW BROWNS!!!

vCash
    I'm praying the 6 game report is true. If that's the case then it would make sense for Farmer and co. to stick with their gameplan and not change it up. This seriously sucks though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast