Day 1: Re-cap

So what did we see on Day 1? How about the following:

* Players taken by position:
    OFFENSE (14): OG=1, OT=4, QB=3, TE=1, WR=5
    DEFENSE(18): CB=5, DE=3, DT=2, FS=2, ILB=1, OLB=3, SS=2

* Players taken by conference:
    AAC=4, ACC=5, B12=2, B10=4, IND=1, MAC=2, PAC12=3, SEC=11

* Good picks/moves

- Cleveland: moving up, down and all around; getting the best CB and their QB
    - Minnesota: Taking Barr and then trading back in to ensure they get Bridgewater was smart
    - St Louis: Got Robinson (my #1 rated guy) and then Donald (how many people would love to wake up today and see those two names on Dallas)
    - Green Bay: at that point, getting Clinton-Dix was great value
    - Dallas: sticking to their guns and taking a trench guy (bravo) with Manziel sitting there

* Head Scratchers (opinion)

- Philly: too early for Marcus Smith
    - Buffalo: gave up WAY too much to trade up and take Watkins (thought Mack was going to be their pick when they moved up)
    - Jacksonville: taking Bortles @ #3 - I kinda like the pick, but many thought they had better options
    - Tennessee: taking an OL (and one with questionmarks) instead of their perceived other needs
    - Miami: Taking James with the 19th pick? IMO, they could have gotten him in the 2nd
    - Arizona: thought for sure a QB was going to be their pick, even with the trade down, but grabbing a S that may have been there in the 2nd

]

vCash
    Yeah , not sure what Buffalo was thinking about trading their next years 1st for a wr. Watkins is great but in my opinion, that was a horrible move. No homer, but Dallas just might have the best offensive line this year. Now it's time to get Dline depth. I wouldn't be surprised if Jernigan falls to us. If he does then I give Dallas an A+ thru the 1st 2 rds. Really hoping Dallas lands one of the taller DBs as well. Very happy so far. Martin is a beast to say the least,

vCash

Day 1: Re-cap

I understand they gave up a first but buffalo needed a stud wr, I thought they'd sit there and go for ebron which would have been decent too but I don't hate buffalos pick. They needed to get ej someone and they apparently liked him a lot lore than mike Evans. Hated gilbert at 8 and bortles at 3. This is why these 2 franchises continue to be terrible. At least Cleveland traded down and got another first, but Jacksonville had a chance for a once in a lifetime player in Watkins or Mack and they take another qb who, yes has great upside but is unpolished and will probably crumble with bad team around him.

vCash
    Giving up next years 1st for a wr is absurd in my opinion. I understand he is a stud but no way do i give up next years 1st for a wr. This wr may be the difference in 1 or 2 more wins this year, thats it. Not worth it. Bills have a lot of holes

vCash
    just heard that Dallas is trying to move up in the second round without getting rid of their second round pick...hmmm

vCash
    D Lawrence.. I guess this will be our RDE... I hope Marinelli knows what he is doing.

vCash
    Some good watching. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZH4Thv2_MQ
    Worth a 2 and 3? You be the judge

vCash
    Hmmmm after further review, wtf did we waste 2 picks on that pos. He can not get through a LT or RT from Oregon St, but he is going to be able to beat a LT in the NFL??? He was getting whipped 1 on 1!!!! Then he was also out of position ALOT. I coached some hs kids last year that can block this pansy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteryman463 View Post
    Hmmmm after further review, wtf did we waste 2 picks on that pos. He can not get through a LT or RT from Oregon St, but he is going to be able to beat a LT in the NFL??? He was getting whipped 1 on 1!!!! Then he was also out of position ALOT. I coached some hs kids last year that can block this pansy.
    WhoA! Easy there big guy. This man had 34 sacks in 32 games.