3. Taj Gibson-CHI .220
    4. Tim Duncan-SAS .209
    5. Chris Paul-LAC .208
    6. Chris Bosh-MIA .208
    7. Trevor Ariza-WAS .205
    8. Boris Diaw-SAS .193
    9. Paul George-IND .190
    10. Serge Ibaka-OKC .189
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 05-09-2014 at 06:32 AM.

vCash
    Not very hard when you have the weakest competition possible. Let's be real here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    jordan is 2nd or 3rd when talking career but both magic and lebron are better all around players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLUSIONIST^248 View Post
    Not very hard when you have the weakest competition possible. Let's be real here.
    Wade played the same teams and isn't in the top 10 of either so...
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 05-09-2014 at 04:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Player Efficiency Rating
    1. LeBron James-MIA 29.8
    2. Dwight Howard-HOU 27.1
    3. Taj Gibson-CHI 26.2
    4. LaMarcus Aldridge-POR 24.7
    5. Russell Westbrook-OKC 23.8
    6. Chris Paul-LAC 23.8
    7. Tim Duncan-SAS 21.7
    8. Kevin Durant-OKC 21.6
    9. Paul George-IND 21.1
    10. Blake Griffin-LAC 20.9

Win Shares Per 48 Minutes
    1. LeBron James-MIA .307
    2. Tiago Splitter-SAS .232
    3. Taj Gibson-CHI .220
    4. Tim Duncan-SAS .209
    5. Chris Paul-LAC .208
    6. Chris Bosh-MIA .208
    7. Trevor Ariza-WAS .205
    8. Boris Diaw-SAS .193
    9. Paul George-IND .190
    10. Serge Ibaka-OKC .189
    I also think that these two lists show us that PER is better than WS at indicating who is actually playing the best brand of basketball.

vCash
    I also think that these two lists show us that PER is better than WS at indicating who is actually playing the best brand of basketball.
    Both are astoundingly bad at indicating "the best brand of basketball." WS are nice with a decent sample size and with a bunch of caveats about the team and system. PER is about as good as just adding points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals together - you might as well just look at their box scores.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Both are astoundingly bad at indicating "the best brand of basketball." WS are nice with a decent sample size and with a bunch of caveats about the team and system. PER is about as good as just adding points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals together - you might as well just look at their box scores.
    So tell me this, what do you disagree with on PER rankings thus far in the playoffs. And Box scores basically tell you who is playing best so I don't know that your reasoning makes any sense at all. And in this instance, how is WS better than PER in telling us what is actually going on. Just use this for an example, because in this instance, PER is pretty on point and you cannot disagree with that.

vCash
    So tell me this, what do you disagree with on PER rankings thus far in the playoffs. And Box scores basically tell you who is playing best so I don't know that your reasoning makes any sense at all. And in this instance, how is WS better than PER in telling us what is actually going on. Just use this for an example, because in this instance, PER is pretty on point and you cannot disagree with that.
    To be honest I didn't even bother looking at the lists. The sample size is so small that who cares? We can talk about their performances on an individual level. Plus, being able to face the Rockets defense (Aldridge) is a lot different than facing the Griz defense in round 1.

But if you think Gibson, Howard, or Westbrook have been top 5 players so far in the playoffs then you're nuts.

vCash
    To be honest I didn't even bother looking at the lists. The sample size is so small that who cares? We can talk about their performances on an individual level. Plus, being able to face the Rockets defense (Aldridge) is a lot different than facing the Griz defense in round 1.

But if you think Gibson, Howard, or Westbrook have been top 5 players so far in the playoffs then you're nuts.
    So you did look at the list. Gibson no, but Howard and Westbrook definitely have an argument for being in the top 5 with Aldridge. Westbrook has 3 triple doubles in the playoffs...the field has zero. So to say he doesn't belong in the conversation would probably make you nuts.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 05-09-2014 at 07:38 AM.

vCash

And to my point that PER is a better indicator than WS, if you think that tiago Splitter, Trevor Ariza, Boris Diaw and Serge Ibaka, have been better than Durant, Westbrook, Howard and Aldridge, then you are definitely nuts.

vCash
    Using one crappy stat for a small sample size over another crappy stat for the same sample size does not mean anything to me. I read the list after you asked me about it. Westbrook has had great games and duds, and his defense has been weak. He has absolutely not been a top 5 player so far, and doesn't even have an argument.

vCash
    I'm very jealous. Let's be real here.
    Fixed it.

vCash
    The East teams (either by design or default) have become the equivalent of journeymen boxers used to keep the Heat fresh and groomed.

Which is ****ed up because the more deserving a West teams for the past two seasons have had to fight tooth and nail before dealing with the well rested cHeat.

vCash
    It's like saying to Manny Paquiao (as OKC or the Spurs) "okay bro you can fight Floyd but first you have to fight Delahoya, Marquez and Cotton back to back to back. Oh yeah and they're all in there primes."

Meanwhile Mayweather (as the Heat) is beating up the poor ******** white kid from "Million Dollar Baby" to stay loose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DemarDerozan View Post
    It's like saying to Manny Paquiao (as OKC or the Spurs) "okay bro you can fight Floyd but first you have to fight Delahoya, Marquez and Cotton back to back to back. Oh yeah and they're all in there primes."

Meanwhile Mayweather (as the Heat) is beating up the poor ******** white kid from "Million Dollar Baby" to stay loose.
    While true I'm not sure what it changes. MJ dealt with a pretty crappy EC as well after they blew up the Pistons. Ewing was born to lose and Shaq's Magic was no match for the veteran team. It's really hard to discredit the Jazz as a dynasty, IMO, because of this fact.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DemarDerozan View Post
    The East teams (either by design or default) have become the equivalent of journeymen boxers used to keep the Heat fresh and groomed.

Which is ****ed up because the more deserving a West teams for the past two seasons have had to fight tooth and nail before dealing with the well rested cHeat.
    Maybe this season but in past seasons they had to go through the Pacer's, Bulls and Celtics when most were at the top of their game. They've had plenty of tough series matchups.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast