Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Broncos select CB Bradley Roby in 2014 NFL Draft- 1st round

Roby excels in press-man coverage, where he can use his supreme athleticism and physicality. In 2013, Roby was not used correctly at Ohio State. They played far too much zone (which he struggled in) and they did not tailor their coverage to Roby's strengths. He has very good feet and hip flexibility that allows him to change direction on a dime to get correct body position. Roby does a good job at mirroring receivers and when in man coverage he breaks on the ball very well. He has good ball skills and makes all the plays he should. He uses his official 4.39 40-yard dash speed to stay with receivers and he is usually the fastest player on the field, chasing down ball carriers. He has good height as he stands at 5'11 and has a good vertical jump at 38.5 inches but he does tend to lose jump balls to bigger receivers.
    http://www.landgrantholyland.com/201...k-bradley-roby

"There's no question. We thought he was a top-15 talent," Elway said. "If he hadn't had the couple issues that he's had, there's no way he would've been there for us at 31."
    Elway expects the locker room to help keep Roby on the straight and narrow.

"We realize that hes a young guy that has made some mistakes. Obviously, we expect those things not to happen when he comes here," Elway said. "We believe that weve got a tremendous locker room, so I think he will get a lot of guidance there in the locker room."

"He was the top guy on our board," Elway said. "When we talked about immediate help and a talented guy like that, he's the guy that would have the biggest impact on us."
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-01de2676eed8

vCash
    Supreme athleticism, can play, physical, and excels in press man coverage. Sounds like a perfect fit for this defense/scheme.

Remember when DRC practically fell to us in FA last year because he sucked in Philly because of the scheme they were using?

This guy reminds me of that when describing his last season at OSU.

Giving JDR absolutely no reason to use zone coverage for any consistent period.

vCash
    Very good talent roby is. Should come in and be the #2 by time the year starts. Putting the slot beast harris back where he made his name for himself.

vCash
    http://youtu.be/wUGaATkrpCQ

http://youtu.be/jJcCOclYl9o

Im really digging roby. very shocking he lasted to 31. Its always good to get a great CB that late in the first. Not to mention he can learn from guys like ware and even the new and mature talib who admitted his regrets when he was 21 and said hes 27 years old now and a real man. Should be interesting. Talib roby harris webster is a good 4 to start with.

vCash
    I mentioned this in the draft thread but there is a good article out form the Denver Post that goes into detail about Roby's off the field issues. These issues seem to be blown out of proportion. However, with out locker room and the veteran leadership, I think he can be a gem. We also did our homework by talking to Urban Meyer and the rest of the Ohio St. coaching staff. In Elway I trust

vCash
    I really liked this pick for you guys. You guys paid Talib big bucks so it makes sense to put him in the position where he can make the most impact - man coverage. That means the other CBs have to be able to play man too. Harris can do that in the slot and now you have a guy to do it on the outside opposite of Talib. Great CB play will help cover up the deficiencies T.J. Ward has in pass coverage and allow him to play to his strengths. Rahim Moore coming back healthy and being the center field FS will be huge for you guys too.

I think you guys need a starting ILB and some more pass rush depth off the edge and then the D is really set. Should be fun in the AFC next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Completely agree. Love this pick. I wanted either a linebacker or corner in round 1 and all the linebackers were gone. Elway didn't over think this pick
    Young Guns

vCash
    So he got a DUI while sleeping his car?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayne91 View Post
    So he got a DUI while sleeping his car?
    DWI. Blood alcohol content of .008. With his weight that is a drink an hour.
    Last edited by tp13baby; 05-09-2014 at 01:35 PM.

vCash
    There are SOOO many issues with guys driving while drunk..the kid decided to sleep it off. That I can respect. I see no issues with that.

Looks like the web/general consensus highly approves of the pick. Well done Mr. Elway, I said you really needed to hit a home run in this draft if we want to get that title...so far so good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    DWI. Blood alcohol content of .008. With his weight that is a drink an hour.
    Let's be clear about the blood alcohol content. DWI is .08. Roby's was .008. BIG difference that additional decimal point. In other words, his BAC was 1/10th of DWI......and he was SLEEPING in the car in a parking lot as I understand it. C'mon man! To me, that is the cops making a mountain out of a molehill.

"I want to start by saying I'm not a bad guy," Roby said. "The bar fight, in actuality, it was not a bar fight. No punches were thrown. It was a situation where the bouncers were the aggressors against me and I retaliated. I made a bad decision. I chose to push the guy."

As for the driving under influence charge, Roby published a copy of his citation that said his blood-alcohol content was 0.008, well below the legal limit.

"I was asleep in my car that was parked," Roby said. "The NFL is about perception. Just because I had run-ins with the law, people want to question my character, but you can ask anybody really close to me, I'm not that way at all. I think people have a misconception about me because of decisions I've made in my past. I'm not a bad guy. These guys are not getting a guy you have to worry about off the field. I won't have any incidents like that. These past two incidents have really taught me about being aware out in public."

Here is another short article on Roby from an OSU site.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-s...denver-broncos

Also, I am not an aggressive guy, but I once had a bouncer get all 'tough guy' on me and I just said, "Geez, you don't have to be such a Marine to me; I'm moving" (he wanted more space in a corrider at a concert). With that simple comment, he bear hugged me and dragged me out of the concert (with no resistance from me). I am 6' 3" and about 215. That was a much bigger guy who dragged (6' 8" 300?) me out, so I can totally relate to Roby - at least in this case. Sometimes, bouncers are feeling aggressive and you end up being the person at which that their aggression is directed.

vCash

vCash
    The reason the cops made it abig deal is because he was a black male. Thats america everyday allday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EvanTurner:28462109
    The reason the cops made it abig deal is because he was a black male. Thats america everyday allday.
    Must you turn everything into race, for your information I happen to know someone who is not black and the sane thing happened to him. The police told him if he didn't have his car keys they wouldn't charge him but he had them in his pocket. Really dumb but not everyone is racist like you ET.

vCash
    Sorry but im not naive like you. I live this black **** everyday. All my life. This country wasbuilt off racism and hate and nothing has changed. Period.

Now talk about roby instead of me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast