Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus:28457903
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekCzajkowski View Post
    Soo do you guys think he starts at all this year because I really don't wanna see cassell
    Cassel starts game one, and then it is up to him to keep the job or lose it after that.
    I hope they turn to bridge sooner rather than later especially because our first 6 games r tough..but also if you go to bridge we better not turn back to cassell..no qb carousel

Quote Originally Posted by WSU Tony View Post
    I can't remember if you agreed or disagreed with me a few days ago a out the on field play meaning more than the combine...
    I can't remember either and I will not deny that I may have flip flopped between now and then, lol. I think I've been pretty consistent in saying that I thought the QB's would drop though. Even though I had Johhny going 3 due to the media hype. I will admit though that I though Gilbert at 8, like you predicted, was too high but he would have gone in the top 15 so it's not really a reach.

So happy with this pick. Cannot complain where we got him

Ben Goessling on twitter (@GoesslingESPN)

-Zimmer said #Vikings wouldn't have moved up to get just anybody. Said Norv Turner really liked Bridgewater.

-Zimmer said he wasn't at private workout. "They were drooling when they came back."

-Bridgewater had to get a MRI after a concern about his heart. Zimmer said, though, "it was nothing."

-Zimmer, on pro day: "I don't know if this was it, but in the private workout with us, he wore his glove."

these make me feel better, ha

Spielman apparently said on KFAN that their main reason for moving up was because Norv really liked Bridgewater. If Norv Turner is on board with Teddy, I am as well, regardless of how many throws he missed during his Pro Day.

You guys do realize that, while that doesn't seem logical from what we've seen and heard the past couple months, that BOTH guys we got tonight were at one time rumored as possible #1 overall possibles?

these aren't schlubs we drafted
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If you look at it Bridgewater is a lot like Dalton. Not an overly strong arm, highly intelligent, 4 year starter. Both have average if not below deep ball. I'd like to see him sit this year and get bigger.

Wasn't their question about Rogers arm strength coming into the draft. He's got a strong arm now.

I don't want to see him day one. He's not an Andrew Luck. What ever happened to the good ol' days where a qb sat a year or two at least before getting thrown to the wolves. I think that was part of ponder's problem. let him sit back and take it all in and learn from a veteran like cassell

I literally punched my fiancée on accident in excitement when I heard the trade up. She was rolling on the bed and I'm just jumping around. I feel bad but so worth it.

SO HAPPY

Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    I literally punched my fiancée on accident in excitement when I heard the trade up. She was rolling on the bed and I'm just jumping around. I feel bad but so worth it.

SO HAPPY
    lol, hope she understands

Quote Originally Posted by DerekCzajkowski View Post
    I hope they turn to bridge sooner rather than later especially because our first 6 games r tough..but also if you go to bridge we better not turn back to cassell..no qb carousel
    I think the first 6 games being tough is more of a reason for Cassell to start, rather than tossing Teddy out in deep water right away.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You guys do realize that, while that doesn't seem logical from what we've seen and heard the past couple months, that BOTH guys we got tonight were at one time rumored as possible #1 overall possibles?

these aren't schlubs we drafted
    yup. Great take. That thought crossed my mind too. Bridewater after his Sophomore year, and basically all the way up to his pro day was considered by a lot as the #1 overall pick. Its so weird that a pro day can make people ignore what they saw him do to defenses in games.
    And then Barr during the college football season, scouts were going back and forth on whether or not he was better than Clowney. I think Clowney is the better prospect, but his concerns are pretty big too. I like Barr at #9 more than Clowney at #1.
    Clowney is a good fit for Houston though. Watt won't let Clowney be a slouch.

my Eagles fan brother says a Philly presser implied the Vikings tried to trade into the 22 slot but the Browns offered more......if we would have taken Teddy there, we came out fine...but would we have taken Manziel?

Meanwhile Teddy said he thought he'd end up a Viking one way or another, so maybe that was our plan all along
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

71% completion percentage...31 TDs to only 4 INTs...in 38 games played, the guy lost only two fumbles...only two lost fumbles in three years. The guy takes care of the ball

So happy we didn't get Bortles, thank the gods. Bridgewater was my #1 qb. Surprised we made an offer to Philly to get Manziel though.

Page 2 of 161 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast