Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 144 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2287
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Brock didn't have a QBR as high as Keenum but it wasn't far off. Brock's QBR of 59.9 would have him 9th this season. Higher than Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and a number of other good QBs. Brock had a solid o-line, 2 stud receivers, a solid ground game and a lights out defense. Sounds pretty familiar doesn't it? That's because Keenum is in basically the exact same situation.

Playing Teddy isn't going be a situation where the team just wants to see what happens. He'll play because they believe he's ready and they think he will play effectively. If they didn't like what they saw it practice he wouldn't even be in consideration.

I enjoy winning as well but I have no faith Keenum can lead us to a championship. We have a championship caliber team. If either QB can propel the team to a title it's going to be Teddy. He needs to play in order for that to happen.
    I guess we’ll find out in the coming weeks. But if teddy comes in and we start losing its gonna be hard to just keep flip-flopping qbs and hope itll work. Like i said, i like dealing with facts and not what ifs and the fact is we are winning and case is our qb. Id hate to have to say “i told you so” if teddy just isnt ready. I like our chances this year and i dont wanna derail this momentum.

Id also feel better if case earns the benching. If he plays like crap then yeah give him the hook. But he hasnt.

Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    If this was Sam coming back from his injury would you still feel the same way about not wanting to "derail this momentum".
    But it's not Sam Bradford.....

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    I guess we’ll find out in the coming weeks. But if teddy comes in and we start losing its gonna be hard to just keep flip-flopping qbs and hope itll work. Like i said, i like dealing with facts and not what ifs and the fact is we are winning and case is our qb. Id hate to have to say “i told you so” if teddy just isnt ready. I like our chances this year and i dont wanna derail this momentum.

Id also feel better if case earns the benching. If he plays like crap then yeah give him the hook. But he hasnt.
    If this was Sam coming back from his injury would you still feel the same way about not wanting to "derail this momentum".

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Well thats the thing, we could easily just flip back to Case. We've already done it once this year. That's the great part about Case. He's done this his entire career. I mean look at his season last year with the Rams. He had some really good games and some awful games. Last year he played Detroit, had the best game of his career. 321 yards, 3 TDs and completed 18 straight passes at one point. The following week against the Giants he threw 4 picks and lost to the Giants. The difference for him this year is his bad games haven't killed us because we have a supporting cast miles better than what the Rams did. He was amazing against the Bucs and Redskins but for the most part rather average in our other games. I'm not really a fan of waiting for Case to implode before deciding it's time to switch.

I'm also not very keen on mid season momentum having much of an effect on your post season run. I said this earlier but our 2016 season proves that. The Cheifs seem to always go on a win streak and never win in the playoffs. Teddy being a little rusty has me worried to start off with but if he's really hitting his stride come playoff time then it won't matter. This team is really good no matter who is at QB. I truly don't believe a QB switch will derail the season or slow this thing down. We're too good of a team.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

I would MUCH rather have teddy than bradford. Bradford is just too much of a statue and when he hears footsteps he falls to the ground. Plus he will never be healthy and cant be trusted to stay healthy. So no, gimme teddy over bradford any day of the week.

I would MUCH rather have teddy than bradford. Bradford is just too much of a statue and when he hears footsteps he falls to the ground. Plus he will never be healthy and cant be trusted to stay healthy. So no, gimme teddy over bradford any day of the week.
    Ok so then lets say its another upper mid tier QB. Like say Alex Smith is coming back, are you still concerned about derailing momentum?

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Well thats the thing, we could easily just flip back to Case. We've already done it once this year. That's the great part about Case. He's done this his entire career. I mean look at his season last year with the Rams. He had some really good games and some awful games. Last year he played Detroit, had the best game of his career. 321 yards, 3 TDs and completed 18 straight passes at one point. The following week against the Giants he threw 4 picks and lost to the Giants. The difference for him this year is his bad games haven't killed us because we have a supporting cast miles better than what the Rams did. He was amazing against the Bucs and Redskins but for the most part rather average in our other games. I'm not really a fan of waiting for Case to implode before deciding it's time to switch.

I'm also not very keen on mid season momentum having much of an effect on your post season run. I said this earlier but our 2016 season proves that. The Cheifs seem to always go on a win streak and never win in the playoffs. Teddy being a little rusty has me worried to start off with but if he's really hitting his stride come playoff time then it won't matter. This team is really good no matter who is at QB. I truly don't believe a QB switch will derail the season or slow this thing down. We're too good of a team.
    I really just cant see teddy playing even better than case has though, he’s either gonna play just as good or worse, but i dont see a bunch of high point games from our offense like we have been doing, or at least higher than that.

But who are we kidding, the vikings will find a way to get our hopes up and let em down. We know this is always the case. I wont fall for it dammit!

What if Teddy replicates the highs of Case's performances, just without the lows. Would your opinion change then?
    What if he does worse? What if he comes in and cost us games and seeding in the playoffs?

Am I doing this what if thing right?

I really just cant see teddy playing even better than case has though, he’s either gonna play just as good or worse, but i dont see a bunch of high point games from our offense like we have been doing, or at least higher than that.

But who are we kidding, the vikings will find a way to get our hopes up and let em down. We know this is always the case. I wont fall for it dammit!
    What if Teddy replicates the highs of Case's performances, just without the lows. Would your opinion change then?

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    He's dealing with facts and you are dealing with what ifs. I'll take facts any day. Especially when we are winning.
    I'd hope its ONLY when we are winning haha Seriously though, if you believe for a fact that Case is the best thing for this team for this season, then the staff needs to keep Case in there. If that isn't the case, then you go with Teddy.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    So then the point here is that it isn't about Case winning games when people like this say it in regards to Teddy. It's moreso that people do not think Teddy is that good in comparison to guys like Sam etc.

You can have that opinion, I have seen Sam year after year after year either end up with a losing record or injured for a good chunk of the season. He has never lead a team to the playoffs and for the QBR group related to Keenums play Bradfords best in his career was below 2015 Teddy. In the end it seems that people are fine replacing Case if it is a QB they like, some just don't like Teddy.
    Nobody dislikes Teddy. Just don't think he's better than Case is all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yea this is what I was thinking. Teddy could have some of these big games. I mean Tampa and Washington we have receivers running wide open all game. I think Teddy can replicate that. I don't see Teddy being as skittish when facing pressure like Keenum is. I like Keenum but I think against a strong pass rush he will make some stupid decisions and it will cost us. Teddy has always been cool under pressure. So yea I think we can get the highs but with a much higher floor.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State

#Faith

What if he does worse? What if he comes in and cost us games and seeding in the playoffs?

Then its a good thing we have a good backup QB to turn to if need be. And kind of, but its coming off kind of pessimistic. haha
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Then its a good thing we have a good backup QB to turn to if need be. And kind of, but its coming off kind of pessimistic. haha
    So that's brings up the question, what kind of leash would Teddy have? Do you give him the entire game no matter what? If he plays bad in the first half do you bench him for the second half? If he plays bad do you let him start the next game to see if he was just rusty?

Couldnt have said it better myself vcu. Keenum is winning before our very eyes, has us at 7-2 and people wanna play the “what if” game. I prefer to stick with what is getting us wins and not with what “could” or “would” happen. Its only because his name is keenum. Nothing more.