Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 143 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2287
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbyJoe View Post
    Are you suggesting that McCown could have continued to play WELL above his career statistics and potentially gone somewhere with the Bears?
    He sure as hell woulda done been than cutler.

Seriously people! This is example of why Zimmer needs to make a yes or no answer now and going forward. He cant be making this week to week experiment because you sure bet that some in the locker room are having this conversation too. Pick one and move on which is why i think he may be picking teddy but either way zim needs to quick with this shadow talk and be decisive.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Yes I am. 2000 season Tom that is. It simply illustrates that Tom was good enough to win a Super Bowl behind an all around solid football team. Its not to say that Bledsoe couldn't have as well.

Don't get me wrong here...I believe Teddy is the greater talent without a doubt. This season and this season only I just don't know if Teddy can play at the level of Case. But I'm willing to test it and find out.
    I think people look at the name “Case Keenum” and thats why they dont want him in. I dont care who it is as long as we’re winning. Id rather have a qb do his job and win rather than what he could “potentially” be and look for the future. Kurt Warner was also a nobody and look what he did. All i care about is winning, and whether you think teddy “could” do it the fact is we ARE winning with case kennum. A fairy tale ending for teddy would be fantastic but not necessarily realistic. Take the name keenum off his jersey and people wouldnt dream of taking him out.

I try to give guys credit when theyve proven it and keenum is proving it right now. If he sucks, take him out. But he hasnt earned the bench JUST YET.

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    Seriously people! This is example of why Zimmer needs to make a yes or no answer now and going forward. He cant be making this week to week experiment because you sure bet that some in the locker room are having this conversation too. Pick one and move on which is why i think he may be picking teddy but either way zim needs to quick with this shadow talk and be decisive.
    I think the guys know and he’s doing it so the rams have to game plan for two different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    I think the guys know and he’s doing it so the rams have to game plan for two different people.
    very well could be but he can only play that game so long and we all know this QB thing is week to week. They might have known sunday night if case is still the QB but the fact that it is still week to week is still no good... Proof of it being week to week is just listen to how zim talks in his pressers. That is legit conflict, emotions, and etc in that voice.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    ^ I feel like a decent chunk that don't want to insert teddy wanted to insert Sam if he was healthy lol. So ya that's obviously true
    Yes. Because Sam is by far the best QB on the team when healthy.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

You know arm talent wise without a doubt but its hard to ignore the fact that he is a complete statue in the pocket. Our line has played great but they are still average. Case has made them look really good.

I think people look at the name “Case Keenum” and thats why they dont want him in. I dont care who it is as long as we’re winning. Id rather have a qb do his job and win rather than what he could “potentially” be and look for the future. Kurt Warner was also a nobody and look what he did. All i care about is winning, and whether you think teddy “could” do it the fact is we ARE winning with case kennum. A fairy tale ending for teddy would be fantastic but not necessarily realistic. Take the name keenum off his jersey and people wouldnt dream of taking him out.

I try to give guys credit when theyve proven it and keenum is proving it right now. If he sucks, take him out. But he hasnt earned the bench JUST YET.
    Our biggest concern is having our best pieces playing. If Teddy is our best piece, he should start. if Case is better than him, he should remain the starter. We know what Case's limitations are and we need to know where Teddy is at. I firmly believe that a healthy Teddy could replicate and even exceed what Case is doing now. He was signed as a back up for a reason. When the starter is healthy, the backup goes back to holding a clipboard.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Does past/career performances come into your evaluation?

Teddy "Throwsevelt" Bridgewater

Ya you can't ignore those either but in defense of Case the last 2 with the Rams he was under a terrible offensive mind. Point being is that Jared Goff was winless and looked no where near a capable QB under Fischer. Now Goff looks like a stud.

Now I know a 100% football healthy Teddy will do awesome in this offense. It fits his skill set so damn well. We just need to find out if he is football ready.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post

So then the point here is that it isn't about Case winning games when people like this say it in regards to Teddy. It's moreso that people do not think Teddy is that good in comparison to guys like Sam etc.

You can have that opinion, I have seen Sam year after year after year either end up with a losing record or injured for a good chunk of the season. He has never lead a team to the playoffs and for the QBR group related to Keenums play Bradfords best in his career was below 2015 Teddy. In the end it seems that people are fine replacing Case if it is a QB they like, some just don't like Teddy.

Absolutely. If all things are equal. Teddy hasnt played in so long and also had a horrific knee injury thats the thing. If he was out for a few weeks different story, but we dont know how he will do. He also wasnt the incumbent starter this year, sam was. This is a very unique situation, but we cant say we havent liked the way the team has been playing lately. The offense looks rejuvenated and id hate to see that tinkered with. I love how we look right now.

Absolutely. If all things are equal. Teddy hasnt played in so long and also had a horrific knee injury thats the thing. If he was out for a few weeks different story, but we dont know how he will do. He also wasnt the incumbent starter this year, sam was. This is a very unique situation, but we cant say we havent liked the way the team has been playing lately. The offense looks rejuvenated and id hate to see that tinkered with. I love how we look right now.
    Now imagine if the offense looks even better with Teddy under center. Hell the offense looked like world beaters the first week with Sam under center. Who is to say they won't look amazing with Teddy at the helm as well?
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Now imagine if the offense looks even better with Teddy under center. Hell the offense looked like world beaters the first week with Sam under center. Who is to say they won't look amazing with Teddy at the helm as well?
    He's dealing with facts and you are dealing with what ifs. I'll take facts any day. Especially when we are winning.

Brock osweiler didnt have the 3rd highest qbr in the league and also the defense was playing lights out, thats why they won the super bowl. Are you saying peyton manning was putting up top 3 qbr numbers and thats why they won the super bowl?

You also assume teddy is the better option right now. He hasnt played in a year and a half. You want them to just throw him in in the middle of a winning streak? Thats absurd. Look what chicago did with cutler years back. McCown was playing great, they throw cutler back in and he loses it for em. Teddy will start when he’s ready and we need it but you throw a wrench into a well oiled machine and good things wont necessarily happen. I enjoy winning. I dont wanna put a new qb in and “see what happens.” If case does bad then take him out. He isnt so you just cant at this point.
    Brock didn't have a QBR as high as Keenum but it wasn't far off. Brock's QBR of 59.9 would have him 9th this season. Higher than Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and a number of other good QBs. Brock had a solid o-line, 2 stud receivers, a solid ground game and a lights out defense. Sounds pretty familiar doesn't it? That's because Keenum is in basically the exact same situation.

Playing Teddy isn't going be a situation where the team just wants to see what happens. He'll play because they believe he's ready and they think he will play effectively. If they didn't like what they saw it practice he wouldn't even be in consideration.

I enjoy winning as well but I have no faith Keenum can lead us to a championship. We have a championship caliber team. If either QB can propel the team to a title it's going to be Teddy. He needs to play in order for that to happen.
    2017 Vikings Draft :
    41: Dalvin Cook RB Florida State
    70: Pat Elflein C Ohio State
    109: Jaleel Johnson DT Iowa
    120: Ben Gedeon LB Michigan
    170: Rodney Adams WR South Florida
    180: Danny Isidora G Miami
    201: Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech
    219: Stacy Coley WR Miami
    220: Ifeadi Odenigbo DE Northwestern
    232: Elijah Lee LB Kansas State
    245: Jack Tocho CB N.C. State