Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How many games do the Yankees win?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Salvage one game

2 25.00%
  • Take two and the series

3 37.50%
  • Yankees sweep

2 25.00%
  • Brewers sweep

1 12.50%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

New York Yankees (18-15) @ Milwaukee Brewers (22-13) [5/9-5/11]

Friday, May 9 at Miller Park | 8:10 PM ET

Masahiro Tanaka, RHP (4-0, 2.53 ERA)

Yovani Gallardo, RHP (2-1, 2.47 ERA)

Scouting Report:

YANKEES: Tanaka has been the Yanks' most consistent starter this season. He is coming off a victory over the Rays in which he allowed three runs and eight hits in seven innings. Opponents are batting just .098 (9-for-92) with two strikes vs. Tanaka.

BREWERS: Gallardo struggled to command his curveball in his last start, vs. the Reds, resulting in his first loss of the year. He allowed nine hits and four runs in that outing, striking out just one. He's 5-5 with a 3.30 ERA in 15 career Interleague starts.

Saturday, May 10 at Miller Park | 7:10 PM ET

CC Sabathia, LHP (3-4, 5.75 ERA)

Kyle Lohse, RHP (4-1, 2.72 ERA)

Scouting Report:

YANKEES: Sabathia returns to Milwaukee searching for answers after he was bombed for five runs and 10 hits in 3 2/3 innings by the Rays on May 4, blaming an ineffective changeup and wild fastball. Sabathia has allowed at least four runs in five of his starts.

BREWERS: Lohse did not factor into the decision in his last start after he allowed two runs over 6 2/3 innings in a Brewers loss to the Reds. The veteran righty has a career 1-3 record versus the Yankees with a 5.46 ERA over five starts.

Sunday, May 11 at Miller Park | 2:10 PM ET

TBD, RHP (0-0, 0.00 ERA)

Matt Garza, RHP (2-3, 4.93 ERA)

Scouting Report:

YANKEES: TBD.

BREWERS: Garza expressed great frustration after losing to the Cardinals on April 30, but began May by grinding out a win. He allowed eight Arizona hits, but limited the damage to three runs and has won consecutive home starts.

vCash
    TBD is my sleeper for this series.

vCash
    I thought Phelps was pitching game 3? He did well enough last start to get another shot

RUDY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I thought Phelps was pitching game 3? He did well enough last start to get another shot
    Probably. Just hasn't officially been announced yet.

vCash
    This won't be ez

vCash
    this could get ugly for us. Let go tanaka!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    A tough weekend for the Yankees hitters....too bad we didn't sign Garza.....

Also, a little concerned with the production coming from McCann....and Solarte leads the entire team with RBIs...Hopefully Brian will have a Giambi type liftoff soon and get off of the mat..Beltran is just in a slump so not overly worried about him..and Soriano is just in a valley right now, soooo streaky. Ellsbury is the only consistent hitter. Jeter is just playing out the string and will cause more headaches for pitchers with his terrible fielding....but overall I can see the offense waking up with more consistent run production, but not this weekend!
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    A tough weekend for the Yankees hitters....too bad we didn't sign Garza.....

Also, a little concerned with the production coming from McCann....and Solarte leads the entire team with RBIs...Hopefully Brian will have a Giambi type liftoff soon and get off of the mat..Beltran is just in a slump so not overly worried about him..and Soriano is just in a valley right now, soooo streaky. Ellsbury is the only consistent hitter. Jeter is just playing out the string and will cause more headaches for pitchers with his terrible fielding....but overall I can see the offense waking up with more consistent run production, but not this weekend!
    You must not be feeling that well today, mush.

Let's all remember this post this series.

vCash
    Anybody dislike the data driven Yankees now? All of their defensive shifts? Kuroda is not a fan as they do not do it when he starts..But I like how the Yankees are now using their resources on scouting and computers to help determine positioning of defenders...
    Nick

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Anybody dislike the data driven Yankees now? All of their defensive shifts? Kuroda is not a fan as they do not do it when he starts..But I like how the Yankees are now using their resources on scouting and computers to help determine positioning of defenders...
    So you like it... but you dislike it? What?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
    Lol right, dude? Who fkin knows with this guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JammerHammer23 View Post
    Bro, I never said I disliked it....I asked if anybody disliked it...not hard to figure out...
    Nick

vCash
    If that was CC, Pettite, Clemens, Nova or any other Yankee starter the run scores from 3rd with less than 2 outs..Tanaka doesn't give in and gets out of it...He is the Ace!
    Nick

vCash
    Can't wait to watch him hit. Hope he homers, and doesn't pull a CMW

RUDY

vCash
    This umpire's strike zone is pretty ******.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast