Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

NY Jets 2014 1st Round Pick (#18): FS - Calvin Pryor-SIGNED - Louisville

CALVIN PRYOR, FS

SCHOOL: LOUISVILLE | CONFERENCE: ACC
    COLLEGE EXPERIENCE: JUNIOR | HOMETOWN: PORT ST. JOE, FL
    HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 5-11 / 207 LBS.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES

STRENGTHS: Prototype body type with good anticipation and explosive closing speed. Reliable open-field tackler and intimidating presence. Lowers his shoulder on impact to create collisions in run support and when protecting the middle of the field in coverage. Good vision and spatial awareness to slip amongst the mass of humanity near the line of scrimmage to locate the ball. Shows no desire for self-preservation when taking on blockers, dropping to take them out at the knees and often is able to take out the ballcarrier. Very good ball skills. Can extend and pluck outside of his frame and shows excellent awareness to get his feet inbounds.

WEAKNESSES: Almost too physical in an era in which heavy hitters often draw penalty flags. Drops his shoulder into defenders but some of his hits could be interpreted as leading with the crown of his helmet. Wasn't asked to cover slot receivers in Louisville's scheme. A bit stiff when changing direction, allowing some separation by receivers, especially on double-moves.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Fantastic pick. I wanted he or Fuller if Beckham was off the board, and since Fuller was gone too, he was the best pick for us.

vCash
    Yup very happy with the pick. Happy we didnt take Cooks lol Wouldnt be incredibly surprised to see em trade back into first round for a Roby, or WR.

Stuna!

vCash
    Mixed. Rex literally has a problem and is allergic to offense. Kyle Wilson, Wilkerson, Coples, Milliner, Richardson and now Pryor since 2009. No offensive players.

It's kind of depressing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush520 View Post
    Yup very happy with the pick. Happy we didnt take Cooks lol Wouldnt be incredibly surprised to see em trade back into first round for a Roby, or WR.

Stuna!

I'm so happy right now.

vCash
    I knew we would go with a bit of a surprise.

Not gonna act like a guru on Pryor but he reminds me of Goldshon a little bit. Am I close here?

I just hope he's solid defending the pass. It's clear he can hit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    Mixed. Rex literally has a problem and is allergic to offense. Kyle Wilson, Wilkerson, Coples, Milliner, Richardson and now Pryor since 2009. No offensive players.

It's kind of depressing.
    We're in tremendous position to get a stud WR/TE in Round 2. Look for Benjamin, Robinson, ASJ, Niklas, Adams, Latimer, etc.

vCash
    Pryor is going to make a big difference. We haven't had a dynamic safety like that in a while.

The Jets want their safeties to be interchangeable which is why they probably liked him more than Haha. Pryor is a huge hitter with good coverage skills.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    We're in tremendous position to get a stud WR/TE in Round 2. Look for Benjamin, Robinson, ASJ, Niklas, Adams, Latimer, etc.
    Who cares man... Our last second round WR was Stephen Hill. Our last highly picked TE was Keller.

Lee or Cooks was the choice.

vCash
    Our Secondary got better, but our offense is still below average.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Who cares man... Our last second round WR was Stephen Hill. Our last highly picked TE was Keller.

Ridiculous logic. We have a new FO making the picks here and the WR talent in this draft is crazy.

There was a clear drop-off after Beckham as far as WRs go. So glad we didn't reach for Cooks or Lee.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Ridiculous logic. We have a new FO making the picks here and the WR talent in this draft is crazy.

There was a clear drop-off after Beckham as far as WRs go. So glad we didn't reach for Cooks or Lee.
    It wasn't a reach. NO thought so much of Cooks that they traded up for him.

Hopeless franchise. Just doesn't give a **** about premier offensive talent. I mean, Rex has been drunk off of depleting all our first rounders in the past five years on defense. ALL of then.

Why the **** would you pick defense repeatedly when your offense has sucked for years? Defense has never been an issue and every time there's one little hole it's a big issue.

But we can go with gaping, massive holes on offense and it doesn't matter.

That's why we never go anywhere.

vCash
    Probably one of our bigger weaknesses on the defense. I like it a lot and I think he has potential to do a ton of good. It's exciting.

vCash
    It wasn't a reach. NO thought so much of Cooks that they traded up for him.

Hopeless franchise. Just doesn't give a **** about premier offensive talent. I mean, Rex has been drunk off of depleting all our first rounders in the past five years on defense. ALL of then.

Why the **** would you pick defense repeatedly when your offense has sucked for years? Defense has never been an issue and every time there's one little hole it's a big issue.

But we can go with gaping, massive holes on offense and it doesn't matter.

That's why we never go anywhere.
    Defense wins championships. Safety has been a huge weakness for this team and Pryor has a lot of talent.

Imagine we can get someone like Benjamin or Robinson in the 2nd round? That would be sick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Probably one of our bigger weaknesses on the defense. I like it a lot and I think he has potential to do a ton of good. It's exciting.
    Agreed.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast