Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lovie Smith: "Mike Glennon is our quarterback of the future here."

vCash
    I'm ok with this. But surround him wee weapons. Get lee in the second, draft best OL in 3rd and build depth along the lines with the rest of our picks. Look for a lot more depth with vets an un drafted rookies.

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    He also said how glad he was to have Revis, and how he couldn't wait to get Revis playing zone.

BLAH BLAH BLAH LIES LIES LIES

Mike Glennon never starts for this team again barring an injury

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Guess we will see

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    Sounds like another smoke screen to me. Maybe to prevent teams from moving up in the 2nd round.

vCash
    If it's a smoke screen, then why not trade with Seattle? Vikings picked behind us and didn't give up that much to move up. If we didn't want Glennan, packaging him with a few picks should have easily moved us back into the first rd. if there's a QB you want (Car???) then why wait? Now Houston (QB needy team), Raiders (possibly looking to add a developmental QB to sit), and few who could easily trade up (like ARI)... It's horrible reasoning. I agree it can still be a smoke screen but gambling in the draft at having the QB you want dropping to you is very risky. I also don't think any of the rookies are better than Glennan, and if they are, not by much. Glennan did above average on a below average team. Grabbing a second rd or later QB and expecting him to do better than 19-9 TD/Int and almost 3k yards without starting a full season, (meaning getting 3k yards , 20TD, less than 10 int, and being mobile) is still a lot to expect from a rookie. If we draft a rookie late, I really hope we keep 3QBs and see what Glennan can do in the offseason first before letting him go. Unless we can some how get a 2nd for him...

2014 is a New Beginning

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    He also said how glad he was to have Revis, and how he couldn't wait to get Revis playing zone.

BLAH BLAH BLAH LIES LIES LIES

Mike Glennon never starts for this team again barring an injury
    Except he was asked about not drafting Johnny Manziel, and had no reason to bring up Glennon.

vCash
    I'm calling smoke screen.

My sig says it all on my take for Glennon. I think hes not the worst we've had, but hes not the answer IMO.

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    I could still see us going after a late round QB (6-7) for Tedford to develop (his kind of QB)

I'd love to get Derek Carr (who IMO is the best QB in the draft) in the 2nd round BUT Lovie has spoken.
    Last edited by bucc4life; 05-09-2014 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added to it.

vCash
    The Buccaneers surprised some people by declaring Mike Glennon their quarterback of the future.

But they backed it up this weekend by turning away at least six requests for a trade, according to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times.

“There’s a lot of interest and we want to keep Mike,” Bucs General Manager Jason Licht said. “[They were] just feeling it out. I know that Mike has a very good reputation throughout the league as far as his developmental future.”
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-mike-glennon/

Fire the cannons.

vCash
    Glad he stuck around I'm higher on him than most, has room to develop even further than what he is at the moment.

vCash
    I don't mind. You gotta give these young guys a few chances.

vCash
    He was the best rookie QB last year and earned a right to prove himself further.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucc4life View Post
    Glad he stuck around I'm higher on him than most, has room to develop even further than what he is at the moment.
    You and I prolly have glennons back more than most. I to am happy that he's here. I am a huge fan of the brett smith qb we brought in from Wyoming too. He's a great athlete with a very quick release. Smart and a very fiery leader. I'm excited to see what Tedford does with our group of qbs.
    The Big Bucs

vCash
    Hopefully Mike gets a real shot at the starting job, he has a lot more upside than McCown. He could beat him and continue to develop and gain experience while hopefully helping this team win.

Let's go Bucs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast