0 0%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Round 1 - Buccaneers Select WR Mike Evans

Buccaneers selected Texas A&M WR Mike Evans with the No. 7 overall pick in the 2014 NFL draft.
    Evans (6-foot-4 3/4, 231) left A&M following his redshirt sophomore year after posting a combined 151-2,499-16.5-17 stat line across two seasons. He'll be a 21-year-old rookie. Johnny Manziel's go-to guy, Evans relentlessly made contested catches in heavy traffic in the SEC, and has field-stretching speed (4.53), incredibly long arms (35 1/8"), and a 37-inch vertical. A standout youth basketball player who averaged 18.3 points per game as a senior at Galveston (TX) high, Evans' natural ball skills are the best in this draft. Also a strong run blocker, Evans is most commonly compared to new teammate Vincent Jackson. He offers WR1 potential in Dynasty leagues and should push for 8-10 TDs as a rookie. The Bucs are remaking Josh McCown's "Twin Towers" wideout duo from Chicago with 6-foot-5 Jackson opposite Evans.
    http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9296/mike-evans
    Last edited by Quikdraw; 05-08-2014 at 09:10 PM.

vCash
    Love it! Jackson and Evans will wreak havoc.

vCash
    Probably couldnt find a trade partner to get out. Best pick at #7, we will be good on offense again.

vCash
    I believe Evans was the reason Manziel looked so good. He was always Johnny's go to guy.

vCash
    Should of been a QB, this is a good pick for the future. Doesn't help us til we get rid of McCown.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Pretty pumped

vCash
    I won't lie, Mike Evans wasn't the name I wanted to hear tonight.

Evans really is a monster, though. I can't be too upset at a pick that fills our biggest need and gives us a second receiver that would be a #1 option on most teams. It's going to be awesome watching cornerbacks trying to defend the "twin towers" in the red zone. Pick your poison.

vCash
    I was disappointing when I head his name called, but I know in the future he will be our premier WR. He and VJax will be hell for opponents to cover. I'm excited to see what happens tomorrow.
    The Legends

>Watch Me On Twitch Here<
    Click Here to Become a PSD Member!
    ★I am a Member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    You all need to go watch his highlights. He's a freak! Some of the catches he makes are draw dropping. He's got great speed for his size. His hands are also some of the best since Calvin Johnson, according to scouts and after watching Evans high lights I would have to agree.

I don't think we were even planning on trading down. I wanted Donald as well, but Evans is a wr we can definitely build around. Mccowns gotta feel ecstatic. Along with glennon.
    The Big Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdubbz View Post
    I was disappointing when I head his name called, but I know in the future he will be our premier WR. He and VJax will be hell for opponents to cover. I'm excited to see what happens tomorrow.
    See people will say I am being negative but I basically feel 100% the opposite...
    My biggest worry is I feel this kid has a high degree chance of being a bust.
    I cannot be more clear that I do not love this pick
    Hopefuly it will work out but I'm just not pumped about this....

vCash
    With a good Pro like VJax i dont think this kid will have any issue getting used to the NFL. THey have similar styles as well so that makes it even better, I really do think theyre trying to recreate that Bears offense that McCown succeeded in for so long. As for a QB someone posted another thread that we are sticking with Glennon which is good for him, no need to reach for another young QB when we have other holes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hammy44 View Post
    See people will say I am being negative but I basically feel 100% the opposite...
    My biggest worry is I feel this kid has a high degree chance of being a bust.
    I cannot be more clear that I do not love this pick
    Hopefuly it will work out but I'm just not pumped about this....
    Why don't you? He was a complete monster in college. How can you not look at his tape and say he's not going to be good in the nfl. 6'5" 231 lb wr that ran 4.5-4.4 40 and a 37" vertical. Tell me the last wide out in Tampa other than Jackson that had mike Evans skills. Ur entitled to your opinion, and I'm not here to argue, I just don't understand why you think he's gonna be a bust other than that's how you feel.
    The Big Bucs

vCash
    After all is said and done there really wasnt a bigger hole that needed to be filled than WR. I mean did we really want Owusu to be our #2?? NO. They were very high on Evans and ďthis was their guyĒ all along. No need to reach for a QB when we have 2 capable QBs. We still really need to get some OG/OL depth so hopefully we go with Filo or maybe Jackson with the next pick. After that we would be free to get guys to cater to the schemes.

vCash
    I like Mike Evans' underrated blocking ability, it'll help our run game even more..

I also like the fact that he'll be under Vincent Jackson's tutelage.

If you have great defense, create turnovers and great special teams, you can win 10 games - Lovie Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUETAMPAFAN View Post
    Why don't you? He was a complete monster in college. How can you not look at his tape and say he's not going to be good in the nfl. 6'5" 231 lb wr that ran 4.5-4.4 40 and a 37" vertical. Tell me the last wide out in Tampa other than Jackson that had mike Evans skills. Ur entitled to your opinion, and I'm not here to argue, I just don't understand why you think he's gonna be a bust other than that's how you feel.

High drafted WR fail a lot. Now I know you will say probably no more than any other position and sure sure fear of draft busting is no reason to not draft someone. However letís look at this... The reality is he is the 2nd best WR in the draft (Watkins was taken over him for a reason) I view this as a kinda reaching for him scenario. We needed a WR thatís true but If Watkins is there would we have taken evans? I bet no. On top of that, he had Manziel throwing him his balls in college. Say what you want about Johnny but fact is he is 70% QB from inside the pocket when he throws/steps up. That means he is rather accurate. So the question is did Evans make Manziel look good or did Manziel make Evans look good? Fact Evans will face better CB in the form of athletes and coverageís at the NFL level. Kid is also known to be a slower possession type not a speedster so he may well have issue getting free and out jumping better more athletic CBísÖ.

I am just saying I seen a lot of this type of player fail in this league. I hope it donít play out this way. God knows I want success but like I said I donít love the pick. I honestly feel like we ditched an established jump ball WR in MW19 to draft another less established player who can maybe do the same thing. I feel like the front office felt trapped at 7 and didnít have the stones to make a hard choice so rather they tried to play it safe. History shows us this is bad. If this is true, this is a potentially scenario where we might have made a huge error. Hoping that wonít be the case but itís honestly how I feel. Hopefully Evans can show me different.
    Last edited by hammy44; 05-09-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast