Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Angels vs Blue Jays

Richards vs Some dude
    Skaggs vs Some other dude
    Weaver vs Some guy
    Wilson vs Some other guy

Will we get over .500 and stay over .500? Doubt it, but let's try.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin n Wangin View Post
    Richards vs Some dude
    Skaggs vs Some other dude
    Weaver vs Some guy
    Wilson vs Some other guy

Will we get over .500 and stay over .500? Doubt it, but let's try.
    Santiago isn't pitching in this series, so who knows, maybe we sweep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Santiago isn't pitching in this series, so who knows, maybe we sweep.
    Yea, guy has been an auto loss so far, regardless of if he pitches well or not.

vCash
    Yea, guy has been an auto loss so far, regardless of if he pitches well or not.
    He really hasn't pitched well.
    He gotten a loss in all but one game, and the angels have lost all of his starts. However the games against Oakland and Detroit weren't his fault.
    Last edited by ciaban; 05-09-2014 at 12:59 PM.

vCash
    Besides his game against the yankees, he's pitched well enough to earn a victory. Yes he's winless but i dont see it as a joe blanton situation again. Now if he continues to pitch like he did vs the yanks we have a problem. But i think he has just been a badluck pitcher so far.

vCash
    Please do not compare Santiago to Blanton. Santiago isn't good at all. But he is no where remotely close to Blanton.

vCash
    He gotten a loss in all but one game, and the angels have lost all of his starts. However the games against Oakland and Detroit weren't his fault.
    Dude, i know he hasn't pitched well overall. He has pitched two good games. Why are you bolding my sentence and bringing up something irrelavent?

vCash
    Weren't you one of those guys that thought Blanton was average in that other thread?? How average is he??

vCash
    Weren't you one of those guys that thought Blanton was average in that other thread?? How average is he??
    No, I never did think that, or bring up Blanton. I thought blanton had been an average pitcher pre-2013, but never defended the season he was having.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan1984 View Post
    Besides his game against the yankees, he's pitched well enough to earn a victory. Yes he's winless but i dont see it as a joe blanton situation again. Now if he continues to pitch like he did vs the yanks we have a problem. But i think he has just been a badluck pitcher so far.
    Well he is out of the rotation now.
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...o-the-bullpen/

so far this season
    Date: IP ER
    4/02: 5.0IP 4ER
    4/08: 4.2IP 4ER
    4/14:7.0IP 1ER
    4/20:5.2IP 2ER
    4/26:4.1IP 4ER
    5/02:6.0IP 5ER
    5/07:2.1IP 2ER 6 total runs

I don't know who they will use in his place come Tuesday, maybe Shoemaker? Though, that's not idle.
    Last edited by ciaban; 05-11-2014 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    Well he is out of the rotation now.
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...o-the-bullpen/

so far this season
    Date: IP ER
    4/02: 5.0IP 4ER
    4/08: 4.2IP 4ER
    4/14:7.0IP 1ER
    4/20:5.2IP 2ER
    4/26:4.1IP 4ER
    5/02:6.0IP 5ER
    5/07:2.1IP 2ER 6 total runs

I don't know who they will use in his place come Tuesday, maybe Shoemaker? Though, that's not idle.
    Yet the fact that the angels average 5.5 runs a game should mean that he wins the majority of those games. However, he just hasnt had the run support in place. Could those numbers be better, of course...but like i said he's pitched decent enough to have a better record than he has.

vCash
    I just don't really understand why he is being taken out of the rotation this early for the likes of Shoemaker or Alvarez. I don't forsee these two doing any better. Yes, Santiago has been pretty bad, but I think he is better than how he has pitched.

vCash
    Aaand now it's official. #Angels place 3B Ian Stewart on the DL with a left hand contusion. Recall 3B Luis Jimenez from AAA SLC.
    Angels Buddy Boshers cleared waivers and was outrighted to AAA SLC.
    SS Aybar
    CF Trout
    DH Pujols
    2B Kendrick
    1B Cron
    C Iannetta
    RF Cowgill
    3B Jimenez
    LF Green
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    I just don't really understand why he is being taken out of the rotation this early for the likes of Shoemaker or Alvarez. I don't forsee these two doing any better. Yes, Santiago has been pretty bad, but I think he is better than how he has pitched.
    It's probably a combination of things. Shoemaker likely won't be better, but he also likely won't be much worse. Shoemaker will throw strikes which will allow him to work deeper into games. We don't have a LHP in our bullpen so Santiago fills that void until/if Burnett ever pitches again. Santiago is better suited out of the pen.
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    It's probably a combination of things. Shoemaker likely won't be better, but he also likely won't be much worse. Shoemaker will throw strikes which will allow him to work deeper into games. We don't have a LHP in our bullpen so Santiago fills that void until/if Burnett ever pitches again. Santiago is better suited out of the pen.
    I think this was the biggest factor, I mean if were going to get roughly the same results, then adding the lefty to the pen seems like the obvious option.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast