Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Draft Day Thread (NO TWITTER OR ANY OTHER SPOILERS PLEASE)

DISCUSS

GOAT.

vCash
    I want to know a guy you guys just flat out don't want and will lose your **** if we draft...For me I would be disappointed if we drafted Gilbert or Denard. IMO pretty good DBs but just not worth a Top 10 pick...if we address the secondary in the 1st I'd be more comfortable with Haha. I guess OL would be a questionable pick too.

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞
    Bad Ankles: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    I want to know a guy you guys just flat out don't want and will lose your **** if we draft...For me I would be disappointed if we drafted Gilbert or Denard. IMO pretty good DBs but just not worth a Top 10 pick...if we address the secondary in the 1st I'd be more comfortable with Haha. I guess OL would be a questionable pick too.
    I'm going to make my prediction at 9:00 a.m. and be done for the day (I'm not going to mock a trade up, remain at 10 and move down drafts. Kind of like betting half of the horses in a race.)

My 'long shot' prediction:

Lions trade with the Giants (or Bears) and the Giants/Bears take Donald (I'm rejecting the notion propagated on this forum he could go say top five). We get Giants'/Bears pick, and select Beckham, and get the Giants'/Bears third round selection.

The only 'hedging' I'll do is that if Donald goes early, that the Lions will remain at #10 and pick whomever slips (e.g., Lewan, Evans, etc.).

If one or more of the studs slide there is NO reason for the Lions to trade up or down.

IF Evans slides the Lions say 'Thank you' and we'll see you Friday evening for more fun.

They would reject offers to trade down.
    Last edited by emu_steve; 05-08-2014 at 09:13 AM.

vCash
    Manziel.

Seriously though, I'd probably be okay with anyone. I'd prefer certain players over other for sure, but we could really use difference makers at every position, so if we draft:

Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Evans, Lewan, Robinson, Matthews, Gilbert, Dennard, Dix, Ebron, Barr

I'd be okay with that. I guess if we drafted Beckham at 10 I'd be a little unhappy. Some mocks have us doing that. I love OBD, but we could probably move back and still get him later on.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Tulloch:

vCash
    I'm with you on Gilbert and Denard. I also believe that if we stay and both Evans and Watkins are gone and we don't trade up to get either I think we take Ha Ha or even Barr. Ha Ha will pair nicely with Quinn. Our Safeties and Linebackers were average last year. With how the TE position has evolve with more athletic type TEs we need big LBs who can cover to stop them. We have to play against Graham and Gronk this year.

AAL: Ndamukong Suh
    Combined Tackles: 8
    Solo Tackles: 7
    Assisted Tackles: 1
    Sacks: 1
    Personal Fouls:

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions 3-1
    Detroit Tigers ALDS vs Baltimore
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Overall: 4-0 ACC: 2-0

vCash
    I was really digging possibly drafting Ebron...but when we resigned Pettigrew, it kinda pissed me off because I thought the door for Ebron was shut. But, some still have us taking Ebron which I was at first uncomfortable with because I thought it would take away Fauria's field time. But if we turn Ebron into a Gronk/Graham slot guy, why the hell not? He's clearly the best TE and if he was labeled a WR he would more than likely be the 3rd best(Evans & Watkins ahead).

Plus I agree with not drafting Beckham at 10 too...good guy, but would be a slight reach IMO.

AAL: Joesph Fauria
    YRDs: 46
    TDs:
    Cool TD Dances: ∞
    Bad Ankles: 1

If Waddle doesn't get the starting gig I'm outta here. I will never post again.

vCash
    Right now for some reason I kinda want a CB at 10 but preferably trade down a bit and take Beckham (or Fuller if he's there).

So many options this year, especially with all the trade talk. I think Mayhew stays at 10, though. My gut tells me he'll take Barr, which I don't want, but I don't know. I want a CB now that all this Houston injury talk is going on. Slay will be good too, but never hurts to add another high end CB to the roster, especially with Houston (hurt) and Delmas gone.

vCash
    I'm starting to have this feeling that we're taking Barr (unless Evans drops)
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    Same two for me as well. I don't care for either prospect in all honesty. I'd rather take a later one ie Verrett, Densir, kid from Rice etc.

Catches: 6 Yards: 72 TDs: 1

vCash

Hey mods, How we doing spoilers? Allowing or no?? Id prefer no, I can go on twitter myself and find out if i want...

19 Rec - 329 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post

Hey mods, How we doing spoilers? Allowing or no?? Id prefer no, I can go on twitter myself and find out if i want...
    hopefully same as last year. don't post the pick until it's announced on TV

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    hopefully same as last year. don't post the pick until it's announced on TV
    Thats my hope... Like i was saying, I can load twitter myself if i want to find out...

19 Rec - 329 Yards -2 TD

vCash
    NLR (Not Lions Related):

I wonder if some teams will draft for the BOX OFFICE?

What I mean: Clowney might have one sack per game. Nice, but hardly as interesting to a fan as a WR who catches a half dozen passes or a RB who rushes for a 100+ yards.

Worse yet, how much excitement is Robinson or Matthews going to create? Who is the last person to attend a game to watch an offensive tackle play?

Does JAX have to draft someone to put butts in the seats (doubt Mack meets that criterion)? Bortles?

Does CLE need to draft a Manziel to create excitement?

JAX and CLE aren't going to create excitement by winning only a handful of games.
    Last edited by emu_steve; 05-08-2014 at 11:06 AM.

vCash
    I was really digging possibly drafting Ebron...but when we resigned Pettigrew, it kinda pissed me off because I thought the door for Ebron was shut. But, some still have us taking Ebron which I was at first uncomfortable with because I thought it would take away Fauria's field time. But if we turn Ebron into a Gronk/Graham slot guy, why the hell not? He's clearly the best TE and if he was labeled a WR he would more than likely be the 3rd best(Evans & Watkins ahead).

Plus I agree with not drafting Beckham at 10 too...good guy, but would be a slight reach IMO.
    "Experts" say Ebron is the best TE prospect in the last 3 years and probably the next 3 years. I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we took him at 10. He can stretch the field and would draw so much attention down the middle opening things up for Bush and those short dump off passes

vCash
    What are the chances that we get everyone to watch the NFL.com online feed, so we hear the picks at the same time?

Its super annoying when everyone posts the players name the second they hear it, 2 minutes before other people do.

2013 & 2014 Lions Forum Draft Prediction Game Champion

Post of the decade:
    Tulloch:

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast